The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My next review.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: My next review.   My next review. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 12:01 pm

So imagine this:

You have two children, age 5 and 6. You are in a long line at (insert store here) waiting to check out. They run away for a while, and come back. What do they ask for?

Quarters.

Why?

Gum. 25 cents for a bloody gumball from the gumball machine. This review is centered on those gumballs, and all the certain flavors, how long they last, and ultimately, if they are actually worth 25 cents.

I know in the store that I work at (Toys R US) we have plenty of gumball machines - the flavors range from melon to strawberry banana. We also have a separate globe shaped gumball machine which has no real flavor at all, and we have yet another separate globe-shaped gumball machine in which the gumball rolls down a long, spiral ramp.

As far as entertainment values go, the one that has the long spiral ramp would certainly win over an 8.5 from me, (10 being the best), because nothing can compare to the joy of seeing a gumball go around and around down that spiral ramp. I have seen other attempts at gumball entertainment, such as a pinball machine, but that scarcely works because it is either angled wrong or the flippers don't have enough punch. The whole scheme behind that, by the way, is if you can get the gumball into the hole at the very top, you win ANOTHER flavorless gumball, as I have never seen flavored gumballs be included in any sort of entertaining machine.

One thing the gumball machines have going for them is Flavor. Sure, we have pina colada, strawberry banana, and melon in my store. But if you were to go to any mall, there are NUMEROUS gumball machines with every flavor you could think of. I find it hard to reward the gumball manufacturers any less than a 9 in this respect, as "Lemon Kiwi" is certainly a testament to just how far one can go with flavoring.

All seems pretty well, but then we have the downfall of this otherwise wonderful marketing tool: how long the gum lasts. Honestly, I have tried gumballs from everywhere, from every machine, and not one has lasted any longer than 10 minutes. Sure, it's 25 cents, but so is 5 strips of juicy fruit! And with competitors like stride in the market (Jesus Christ that gum lasts forever) they really should think about giving us more bang for our.. quarter. After all, when you factor in the cost of a single strip of gum to that of your average gumball, I think you'll find that the gumball is a WHOLE lot more expensive. I'm afraid the gumball gets a 2 in the lasting flavor department.

All in all, it is a brilliant scheme. Customers usually have 2 or three quarters when they get through checking out, and a place to put them is usually hard to find for the average person. So as long as the gumball machines are there, people will continue to pump the quarters in for any possible reason.

I give the gumball a final score of 6.8 out of 10.
Back to top Go down

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My next review.   My next review. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 12:07 pm

That's very....interesting.
I personally give gumballs a 8.2 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My next review.   My next review. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 12:09 pm

Polyphonic Dream (1:04:40 PM): ...gumballs.
Polyphonic Dream (1:04:46 PM): seriously..?
A ProfoundSecret (1:05:36 PM): Yep. n.n
A ProfoundSecret (1:05:42 PM): I think it's a conspiracy.
A ProfoundSecret (1:05:47 PM): They rake in the dough.
Polyphonic Dream (1:06:12 PM): ...goddamn it, Jerry.
A ProfoundSecret (1:07:30 PM): What?
Polyphonic Dream (1:07:28 PM): ...I just dont know.

...conspiracy my ass.

at least its a good review!
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My next review.   My next review. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 12:11 pm

I don't like gumballs. I really just like Orbit.

I do have a Spongebob gumball machine though Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My next review.   My next review. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 12:37 pm

now, I love trident splash spearmint watermelon. tastes like vodka when its gone. 10 out of ten for me. =D
Back to top Go down

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My next review.   My next review. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Gumballs tend to dissigrate fast and lose flavor. I like Orbit too. Haha...my friend always makes me go "Fabulous!" cause I sound and resemble that british chick...psh.
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My next review.   My next review. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 2:02 pm

Im an orbit girl too. Spearmint!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My next review.   My next review. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 2:44 pm

I like mint mojito! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My next review.   My next review. EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 2:46 pm

does anyone else like cinnamon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My next review. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My next review.   My next review. Empty

Back to top Go down

My next review.
Page 1 of 1