The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recent concerts you've been to??

Go down 
+22
cherrybomb
TOONRULESOK
Bianca
girloflowers
Larlelar
GinaELIZABETH
hyperventilating
justme
ninibaby
hello disaster
kaylalane
shadowsforsale
Alexa Nightmare.
Le_Saboteur
Jayme
PolyphonicThought
Kirsty
Lindsay
witch_lilly
surftaxi
NightmaresOnWax
gill
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Larlelar

Larlelar

Number of posts : 878
Name : Alanna
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:28 pm

UPCOMING: Langhorne Slim in January. Fully planning on talking to Jeff and all of 'em again! THENN Residents in February and Frank Turner in March. GOOD. SHIT. Flogging Molly is the headliner for the Frank Turner thing, too, which might be interesting? I don't really like them, but they're very nostalgic for me. Saw them several times in my teens.

EDIT: Got tickets to see Spoon in Milwaukee on New Years Eve. Gonna get drunk with my buddies Nathaniel and Wade and Drew and Max afterward... I'm stoked!!!

Last edited by Larlelar on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 10:33 am

Went to see Paramore again last Thursday, Hayley as a blonde is I love you They were great as expected! Misguided ghosts was great live.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Larlelar

Larlelar

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Langhorne Slim.
AGAIN. Was awesome. AGAIN!

Super excited that they played some of my favorites that I'd yet to hear live... "Restless," "Checking Out" and "Colette."

"I Love To Dance" was cute as fawk. Haha.
Bbhbhbhb I loves me some Slim.

Saw Jeff after the show, again, haha.
We were both all mopey 'cos he had to go to Fargo like RIGHT AFTER the show, and we only talked briefly.

But I texted him after and said I was stealing him and running next time, and he agreed.

Lulz. <3 Flirtin' with band members, good tiems.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 am

OMG ALANNA YOU'VE BEEN TO FARGO?!?! SO JEALOUS.

/coen brothers fangirl.

that does seem like an awesome time though.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:35 pm

blue rodeo was last night.
swoooooooooooon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
hello disaster

hello disaster

Number of posts : 1680
Name : kate
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:39 pm

GOGOL BORDELLO IS COMING TO PHILLY IN MAY!!!!! OMFG! DOWANTTOGOOOO!...

sorry im just excited
Back to top Go down
http://katemcginn.blogspot.com/
cherrybomb

cherrybomb

Number of posts : 2443
Name : Jasmin, Mini
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:32 am

I saw Muse last year in Oktober in hamburg. It was AMAZING! Like "OMG I WANT TO SEE THEM AGAIN!" amazing. Totally forgot to tell that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/knallkirsche
Larlelar

Larlelar

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Frank Turner was RRAAAAADDD.
His sets always seem so short here because he's always the opening act. But it was great. He played "Worse Things Happen At Sea" and I damn near cried. He really belts 'em out up there. Not to mention, he pulled some cute little lady up on stage to bullshit the harmonica solo in "Dan's Song." aaaannd of course, the singalong to "Photosynthesis" to end the act made me happy as could be.

I talked to him again after the show, but was too sober to be anything but fucking awkward.

I had been waiting for like a half hour for him to show up at his merch table, and when his drunkass did I was just like "MAN I WAS ABOUT TO STEAL YOUR BEER AND LEAVE."

He laughed and apologized and then actually offered me a beer. Fuckyeah, Frank Turner beer. <3 Haha.

We talked for a bit, he remembered me from the Gaslight show. Apparently he asked my name, but being awkward and hard of hearing I bought a t-shirt and walked awkwardly away without giving it to him. HAAAAaaaaaa good job Alanna.

Oh well. It was great!

NEXT UP: APRIL! Deer Tick in Chicago! Possibly Langhorne Slim too!
Back to top Go down
hyperventilating

hyperventilating

Number of posts : 1209
Name : Flor, whatever
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Feb 26th:
-Rosal (local band.. sucks)
-Banda de Turistas (local band.. not that bad and i saw them before opening for Keane)
-Bat for Lashes (i really liked their style live)
-COLDPLAY.. my favourite since.. 2003 me thinks. It was my second time, but this time i was on first row with the whole stadium pushing on my back. I still have bruises all over my body (it was 3 weeks ago) but IT TOTALLY WORTH IT. I love themm!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/FlorMantecon
justme

justme

Number of posts : 995
Name : veronica
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Puscifer tonight
squeee
Back to top Go down
Larlelar

Larlelar

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Deer Tick last night was SOOO GOOOODDDdd.
and actually, the two opening bands were rad as well.
Deer Tick is so amazing live, though, so glad to have finally seen them. ZZ Top cover. I died. Hahaha. Good times. Good times.

aand Langhorne Slim/Drive-by Truckers goin' on tonight. Super excited.

Have I mentioned I am going to both Bonarroo and Lolla this year?? Yeah. Yeah. <3
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 3:31 pm

ive only been to see mumford and sons but thru work ive seen the likes of -

airbourne
hot chip
vampire weekend
ocean colour scene
idlewild

um...the courteeners...

lots of other people! haha
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
hello disaster

hello disaster

Number of posts : 1680
Name : kate
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:46 am

went to a music festival thinger yesterday and saw julia nunes and watched all but the end of the last song of matt and kim

even though we missed the first part of julia nunes it was still awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://katemcginn.blogspot.com/
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:59 am

seeing Bjork play a dj set tonight!
Back to top Go down
Larlelar

Larlelar

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Kayla: HOT. Jealous rage etc.
Back to top Go down
Larlelar

Larlelar

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:57 am

THINGS I AM EXCITED ABOUT AT BONNAROO:

Stevie Wonder, Tenacious D, The Flaming Lips, Ween, They Might Be Giants, GWAR (for hilarity), Norah Jones, Phoenix, Regina Spektor, LCD Soundsystem, The Avett Brothers, Les Claypool, Dan Deacon Ensemble, The Melvins, The Devil Makes Three, Frank Turner, Langhorne Slim, Dawes and loooots of others...

I am leaving for Tennessee on the ninth. I will be gone for six days. I WILL LET YOU LADIES KNOW HOW IT GOEESSS. <3 SO EXCITED.

EDIT: I made myself a schedule!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Larlelar on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:45 am

KAYLAA I am jealous, how was it!?

Not soo recent but I went to see Love Amongst Ruin in May
It is Placebo's ex-drummer's new band; he's the front man. It was at the Barfly in Camden which is a tinyy venue and it was awesome. I can't wait for their album to come out <3
Should be seeing FF5 in August then LAR again later in the year : D

Could've seen LAR again in a couple of days but it's the night before my last exam :'(

I'm gunna basically die if I don't see Placebo again on their current tour. And it's starting to look quite unlikely that I will :'(
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Ladies, the Bjork set was magical. I was SO close to being able to touch her huge renaissance sleeve.

MAN Alanna, that is an amazing lineup for Bonnaroo. Wanna see the Flaming Lips, even though their album sucks.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:57 am

Slam Dunk South in Hatfield... saw - Moneen, Set Your Goals (only a tiny bit because the stage was so packed), Random Hand, The Wonder Years, Crime In Stereo, and best of all... AGAINST ME AND ALKALINE TRIO <3 amazing amazing day.

anddd this week i also saw The Flatliners. amazing! absolutely fucking loved them, seriously never come away from a gig so satirsfied!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:33 am

last night i saw general fiasco, band of horses and snowpatrol at ward park bangor n. ireland, 45000 people, aparantly it was the biggest gig in northern irelands history!

and im going to dublin to see blink 182 in aug Very Happy cant wait!
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:02 pm

ohh im seing blink in ggow in aug - so frickin excited! we will have to compare afters Wink
Back to top Go down
Larlelar

Larlelar

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:06 pm

kaylalane wrote:
MAN Alanna, that is an amazing lineup for Bonnaroo. Wanna see the Flaming Lips, even though their album sucks.

YEAH I KNOW RIGHT. I can't wait to see Ween again, most of all, I think. Uugghhh. <3 <3

AND YEAH, I've seen the Flaming Lips once before, several years ago, and they put on a ridiculous-awesome show. This year they're playing all of Dark Side of The Moon. I can't decide if that's super awesome or if I'd rather see them play their own stuff. But. I am excited to see how it is.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:07 pm

omg shit haven't posted since october?

well since then I saw Gaga with semi-precious weapons opening, Tegan & Sara with an horse opening, Beast with a verrry small local band called random recipe opening, Billy Talent with against me!, alexisonfire annnd cancer bats opening! that was great, then I saw Metric again because they're just fabulous, Coheed & Cambria but I'd rather not talk about it, and most recently Evelyn Evelyn with sxip shirey, and seperate acts from jason webley and amanda palmer of course...

i feel like im forgetting something.. whatever lol
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 pm

TOONRULESOK wrote:

anddd this week i also saw The Flatliners. amazing! absolutely fucking loved them, seriously never come away from a gig so satirsfied!

warped tour sucks this year but i kinda wanna go just for them!!
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:47 am

man i would pay any ammount of money just to see them again - though i imagine at warped it'd be on a big stage? idk, we saw them in the proper dingy little bar undernath a bus statio (no joke, it's tiiiiny) and like, they were playing requested songs for the audience, and we chatted with them for like an hour after, it was amazing. like, i'd see them somewhere bigger happily, but they rock small shows like that the best. and i actually almost fucking cried when they played eulogy <3

EDIT: how were cancerbats when you saw them? forever gutted that i missed one of their shows nearby last year...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recent concerts you've been to??
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Entertainment :: Music-
Jump to: