The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recent concerts you've been to??

Go down 
+22
cherrybomb
TOONRULESOK
Bianca
girloflowers
Larlelar
GinaELIZABETH
hyperventilating
justme
ninibaby
hello disaster
kaylalane
shadowsforsale
Alexa Nightmare.
Le_Saboteur
Jayme
PolyphonicThought
Kirsty
Lindsay
witch_lilly
surftaxi
NightmaresOnWax
gill
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Recent concerts you've been to?? Empty
PostSubject: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 9:05 am

I just went to see The 69 Eyes and Wednesday13 on sunday at the house of blues!!!! woop excited

It had to be the best show I've been to EVER!

The first opening band was called Night Kills The Day and they were sooo good! Their show was wonderful.

The second opening band (Fair To Midland) sucked. Their songs were pretty good but they had no interaction with the crowd AT ALL so that killed it. Then the singer kept going into these convulsions and seizures. lmao

But yeah, what concerts have any of you been to not so long ago?
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 9:13 am

went to a wee mini folk festival at the weekend..was not bad..rained the whole time so it was stupidly muddy..
but got to the barrier for Willy Mason, Idlewild and KT Tunstall..and they were all really good so yeh.

First time seeing Willy Mason and he was excellent..bloody fantastic voice..almost had me in tears..he's not very famous i guess, but i urge you to go download his music. i think his most famous song is Oxygen.

Idlewild were good..im not really a huge fan of theirs anymore but a few years back i was, and they played loads of old stuff so i felt quite nostalgic. The lead singer Roddy also did a solo set the next day which was nice..alot more country folk kind of thing but nice to mellow out to.

Dont know how famous KT Tunstall is outside of the UK. Im not a huge fan, but i've seen her twice..and would see her again, just because she does put on one hell of a show..her and the rest of her band are good live and interact with the audience really well..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 9:42 am

I went to see the 69 Eyes with Cradle of Filth...first time I ever went to a concert just for the opener. Ha.
Thennn, I went to Muse, best concert everrrrr. And then! I went to see Lacuna Coil/Within Temptation/Stolen Babies/Kylesa.

Yep, unfortunately I'm leaving the day the 69 eyes play here again. oh well.
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 9:42 am

I saw animal Collective and Frontline Assembly about a month ago...and soon Im going to see Interpol! *excited*
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
kelly-is

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 11:03 am

Well, I'm going to the true colors tour (Cindi Lauper, Debbie Harry, The gossip, Margret Chao,AND THE DRESDEN DOLLSSSSSS!!!!!!

I cant freakin' wait. I've been a fan for YEARS... and i've never seen them live....so im flying out to LA to see them....heh.
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 11:11 am

Jealous....I LOVE the dresden dolls!
Back to top Go down
surftaxi

surftaxi

Number of posts : 402
Name : Bryce
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 11:36 am

The most recent cool concert I went to that wasn't some random local band was The Decemberists.

I will be seeing interpol in July with Mandy though.

That should rock.
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 1:17 pm

yeah, my last concert was the Decemberists too...

my favorite concert was the Flaming Lips though... Mandy and I got to dance onstage with the band while wearing alien costumes and then we both had seizures.
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Well I was at the Download festival this year!

(This is taken from my livejournal so you probably won't know half the names on there.)

On the first day we saw:

-The end of Zico chain- not really memorable at all
-Buckcherry- very good, but the guy was trying to be Mr cool taking about the first time he took Coke, whatever.
-Hinder- Also very impressed with them even though i only knew one song
-Megadeth - Not memorable
-Dragonforce - I was very much looking forward to Dragonforce and they weren't very good which was dissapointing. The sound was pretty bad which sucked. These were all on the mainstage. Afterwards me Stef and Susan headed over to the Dimebag stage to see
-Paramore- They where absolutley amazing. Me and Stef where really near the front and in a pit. We bribed our way there with glowsticks ^_^ They opened with "Misery Business" which was amazing! I was really pissed off tho because this big guy (i mean like Stu Glass build) elbowed me full on straight in the chest, like not an accident or anything, and it was really sore. FUCKING IGNORANT PRICK. So we bailed after a few songs and held back to watch the rest on the big screen. Finished with "Pressure" =) Hayley is an awesome singer <3
Now at this point I stress that I wanted to see "Enter Shikari." I phoned Ben like 50 times to try and meet him but never picked up his phone grrr. Plus the tent was already horribley crowded and stuffy and i was sore after the Paramore pit so me and Steffers headed over to the main stage again to watch
- Neutral Velvet Revolver Which I didn't really pay attention too because I was pissed off at not seeing "Enter Shikari" Boo...
-The last band of the night was Korn And as many of you already know they were on the Dime bag stage and My Chemical Romance where on the mainstage. I won't go on about what a travesty this is because its getting old, and MCR got their just desserts when they got bottled off after 30 mins. We got as close as possible to Korn which ment we had to stand outside the tent. I still got a look at Jonathan Davies and could see parts of the stage and the screen which I was happy with. Korn played an exellent set (they never played Thoughtless though which surprised me) and finished with "Blind" which was awesome. I was really really impressed with them and would defo go see them in concert now.

On Saturday we pretty much stayed at the main stage all day
We saw

-Hell yeah- I don't remember much about them but I remember liking them =)
-Shadows fall - They had an exellent song something about graveyards idk but they were good too
-Aiden- I actually quite liked them, they told everyone to start crowd surfing to make the bouncers work for their money which was quite funny. Also done a wall of death. Not bad at all.
-30 seconds to Mars - I expected them to be crap but I was really really wow'd! Jared Leto is not only fuckin stunnin but an amazin singer too.
- Bowling for Soup, I'm pretty sure this was the band most people enjoyed, i got right into the crowd for them again with Ben and had a good wee skank. Those guys were funny as fuck "My breast are all perky today, that means i'm extra happy" LOL! Plus they had an inflatable sheep onstage giving birth to another sheep. Lol!! Classic.
-Machinehead - Don't really remember them think i went to get food/ pee during it
- Slayer- I thought they were kinda rubbish, purely because i don't like Slayer. "Raining Blood" the last song was the best.
-Marilyn Manson- Very dissapointing. Made me realise that Marilyn Manson has mainly got famous on image and contaversy alone. His singing was pretty crap and out of tune. There was no chit chat between songs and it was just a bit boring. The coolest thing was his microphone was shaped like a big butcher knife. ALSO! We had been sitting quite comfortabley on the hill all day. And the people in front of us stood up! So us and all the people behind us had to stand up too. Grrrr.
- Linkin Park were great to finish off the night! I think everyone was a bit sketchy about them headlining, but they really proved themselves. Chester Beddington is an awesome singer and was running about the stage like a mad man. It was really good. "Crawling" and "Numb" were the best in my opinion. Even songs i didn't really like like "Points of authority" i was really impressed with. Shame they had 2 ruin it at the end. They finished off with "Crawling" which as i said was really good. Then they came back to do an encore. The song they done the encore with was absolutley crap. So we left. Only bad thing was we left before my favourite Linkin Park song "Faint" boooooo.

-Chimara
-Papa Roach Oh my god. Oh my god. I had high hopes for Papa Roach and was quite looking forward to them playing but oh my god. The were so bad. I can't explain how shit I thought they were. Thier front man Jacob Shacoby or whatever the fuck his name is got ono my tits somethin awful. I pure wanted them to play "Scars" and when they did it was just awful. The only good songs were the last 2. "Angels and Insects" and "Last Resort."
-Mastodon
-Lamb of God
-Stone Sour were amazing.
-Killswitch Engage I didn't really enjoy them and kinda wish i had went to see Within Temptation instead. Although i'm so so glad i got to see "End of Heartache." It was amazing live.
- Evanescence- Started off pretty shakey with "Weight of the World." Amy Lee kept breathing in weird places in the song. Making her sound like she had hiccups. Lol. It picked up soon after that and "Going Under" was fantastic! She also brought out a piano and done Lithium which was really good. I was very impressed by her voice. Although i started to get bored about half way through the set. It started to lag a bit. I'm glad i saw them but was happy when it finished. Lol.
-The next band was tough. I was torn between mainstage "Iron Maiden" Dimebag Stage "Billy Talent" or Tuborg stage "Reel big fish." Me Stef and Mick left everyone else and headed to see Reel Big Fish We had about an hour to kill before they played. And we spent this hour looking for fucking chicken for Stef! Bloody chicken woman.
I'm so so happy i went to see Reel Big Fish. I went into the tent myself and Stef and Mick stayed outside to watch from afar. They were amazing! They played the same song like 6 times in different styles. They were funny and upbeat! The perfect way to end the weekend! Ross, Jonny and a few others were in the tent too skankin! It's a shame I never met up with them. But i still had so much fun!

Anyone who wants to check out my photos
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=35900944

It was fucking epic.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 1:35 pm

I've never been to one. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
Smile St

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 1:37 pm

pedestrian wrote:
yeah, my last concert was the Decemberists too...

my favorite concert was the Flaming Lips though... Mandy and I got to dance onstage with the band while wearing alien costumes and then we both had seizures.

I officially love you. I saw the Flaming Lips, but never got to be an alien babe. Their shows are SO FREAKING fun. <3333

and I'm seeing the Decemberists next month!

(I'm also seeing Zappa Plays Zappa. But I don't think anybody here is into that sort of thing...)

ANYWAY, the most recent show I went to was Porcupine Tree. It was fun as heck, even if I wasn't as familiar with them as I should be.
Back to top Go down
surftaxi

surftaxi

Number of posts : 402
Name : Bryce
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 1:48 pm

I love Frank Zappa, my dad was/is a huge fan and I've read his autobiography.

I dunno if I'd want to see Dweezil play his stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Smile St

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 1:52 pm

Oh, well, hearts for you then! I actually did a speech on his autobiography in high school once, and kids were like "wtf."

And yeah, I know it won't be nearly half as cool as going to a real Zappa show, but I figure it's worth a try and will probably be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 5:25 pm

*le sigh* im so gutted the True Colours tour isnt coming to the uk..im a huge fan of everyone in it..
particularly Debbie Harry and the dresden dolls..
but ive seen the dresden dolls like 4 times now, and im going again to see them in august..might go see debbie harry too if i can afford it when she comes..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 5:37 pm

pfftt i havent been to one for 2 years when i went to see Franz Ferdinand in Princes Street Gardens with T on the Fringe.

i really should go to more. i wanna but am too lazy or only find out people are about too late Razz

i loved frnaz tho. we were 1 person away from the barrier and oooh so good. tho we had to stand around in the rain and i had glandular fever which sucked but i wasnt going to miss them!
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 5:56 pm

my first and only - snoop and the chili peppers.

hot fuckin shit.

cos snoop was smokin weed on stage and shit,
and then the chilis were hot as fuck
and I SWEAR I saw John F look at me because of my California tee!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 11:36 pm

The only one I've seen is P!ATD last year in October. Freaking awesome. And Kisschasy was one of the opening bands Very Happy that's the story of how I feel in love with them <3
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 12:20 am

I'm seeing A Global Threat on July 13th!
I'm p-u-m-p-e-d!
They're playing with
Monster Squad and
Wednesday
Night Heroes!
For anybody into punk... lol...

ANYWHOOO... Last concert I was at was a shitty local band contest thing...
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 3:00 am

That's crazy, the only good bands that come to New Zealand tend to be at the Big Day Out (big-ish music festival), or they only play Auckland in the North Island. I haven't seen anything in like... two years.

How sad is that?

I'd fucking kill to see the Dresden Dolls.
Back to top Go down
Iero-is_

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 4:32 am

The last one i saw was Evanescence this year in February, amazing! The opening band were shihad who were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
asdfkari

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 8:25 am

ten second epic, theset, sparta, moneen, attack in black, conversation, quick, said the bird, where infinity ends, open parachute, acres of lions, the reason, skies kill, machina, counting heartbeats, italian edition...in these past couple months.

most are just local bands, the rest - whiny overrated bands.
nobody really comes here. T.T
AT ALL.

bright eyes came for the first time EVER (and probably last) in june last year with gruff rhys of super furry animals.
it was the greatest experience ever.
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 8:53 am

I just discovered that Im going to see the Birthday Massacre and Assemblage 23. :-)
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 1:57 pm

btm<3

and karin, i would die to see sparta.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
Smile St

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 2:13 am

I saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones toniiighhhttttt (last night whatever! curse you, 3am).

It was amazing.

I got hugs and photos from Futureman and Victor Wooten. Missed Bela and for some reason the people I was with didn't want to say hi to Jeff. Losers! He rocked the house, 'specially with his sax.

Hot damn. I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
Iero-is_

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 9:08 pm

I'm going to see "The cure" with my dad in August, haha should be interesting (going with my dad i mean)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Recent concerts you've been to??
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Entertainment :: Music-
Jump to: