The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Makeup Don'ts!

Go down 
+10
Beckygdizzle
Aelwyndaeira
Gloomyjewel
pinkhaired
Lindsay
NightmaresOnWax
kaylalane
Le_Saboteur
PolyphonicThought
shadowsforsale
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cheerios

Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 11:25 am

Yes, pencil thin eyebrows are terrible.

My mom has like, 7 hairs on each eyebrow and the rest of the hair supposedly stopped growing back. =/ Tis embaressing.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 12:55 pm

Gah! Why can't I see the quote buttons?
Anyway

Quote: and as of hair, I hate blondes with grody roots - dont go blonde if you have WICKED dark hair and you wont be able to keep up with touchups! totally irks me!
End quote.

I hate that too although I do, do it sometimes except my hairs pink with brown roots. Usually its just because I'm waiting for more hair dye to come in the mail. But anyway, what really bugs me is those girls you see and they have bleach blonde hair and like, 7 inch roots! Rolling Eyes
I don't understand why. If they want to grow it out why won't they dye over the blonde or cut it off? It looks absolutely horrible.
Back to top Go down
Plthub

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 9:24 pm

Ack- I've just thought of another one.

It kinda scares me when chicks use these dark streaks of bronzer underneath their cheekbones and call it "contouring".

Thank goodness I don't really run into this too often.

Still, BLEND PEOPLE!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 9:55 pm

oo, I knowww. I actually have this dark line along my cheekbones, if I use a wee bit of blush, it looks like a contour! weird! I think you can see it in me avatar, but Im not sure.

Im not touching bronzer again...my neck is much lighter than my face, so I have to be careful otherwise I look like that pic I posted earlier...ugh...*cries*
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 2:30 am

With the tanning thing...tans are fine as long as they look natural. The orange people scare me.

It also irks me when people wear fake eyelashes and you can see the glue all over their eyes. Its kind of gross.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 3:55 pm

I understand when people believe tanner skin is much healthier. I used to believe this was like the end of the world ultimate truth.

I can see though why people dont like pale. I believe there is a definate difference between an unhealthy pale, and a healthy pale. I will find pictures later of what I am trying to dictate.

After reading over this section, I realized that unhealthy versions of a skin color can give the general color a bad name maybe. Like the oompaloompa orange for tan skin, or unhealthy not cared for pale skin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:22 pm

i hate when people wear really dramatic eye make-up and then don't do the rest of their face

caked on foundation...this is why i have never tried MAC...every person I have ever seen wearing it looks like a birthday cake...not a tasty one

bad drawn on eyebrows...too close togather, too round, too thin, too thick, shaky

when you can see shaven eyebrow stubble in people pics when they're trying to be hot...omg this grosses me out

i can understand if you're just being lazy, i do it all the time but if you're going to do nice make-up, fix your hairy forehead first

Amy Winehouse's make-up

when people try to do cool make-up and fail...if you're looking for help fine...but i know most people aren't so dillusional that they think hey look like the shit when they very obviously don't

When you're make-up doesn't match the rest of your style

crazy cyber goth make-up does not look cool with flat brown hair...and you don't wear glitter eyeshadow with your pajamas...it just doesn't work that way...people won't think you're cool, you just look like you're trying to hard

bleach blonde hair and black eyebrows and vice versa

i'm sure i can think of more
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:25 pm

I agree about Amy Winehouse, that eyeliner bothers me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:27 pm

oh, as much as I hate to admit it, I love amy winehouse just cos she's the balls to walk out like that. power to that one, fuh realz.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:27 pm

Quote :
bad drawn on eyebrows...too close togather, too round, too thin, too thick, shaky

Haha...I saw a woman on the streetcar who drew lines on as eyebrows. I don't mean skinny eyebrow lines I mean srtaight lines. Was, very weird confused2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:33 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
oh, as much as I hate to admit it, I love amy winehouse just cos she's the balls to walk out like that. power to that one, fuh realz.

i like her style and all but you gotta admit that eyeliner could stand to come down at least an 8th inch
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:37 pm

oh yeah, it could - but no goth, hxc, or sxc kid would walk out like that, no matter how bad ass they are. so I love her for it, haha. oh, how thick it is...why not get some black milani? hahahaha... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:50 pm

oh...believe me I know some "bad ass" lil' wannabe goth bitches that wear their make-up like that everyday

not as well but they sure as hell do it
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:54 pm

damn, I havent seen it here yet!

most of my friends into that scene actually wear their eyeliner well, and some decent looking blush to boot! Im so proud of them. :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 5:00 pm

i actually don't have many friends and most of the people I know into that style, besides my self, do horrible make-up
not meaning to sound concieted...i just try to present my self as a little classier than mall goth...eww
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 5:07 pm

ahh thats not conceited. its called caring for yourself and your outer appearance...buahaha. Im the same way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 5:09 pm

i just don't understand that whole mall goth small town wannabe goth scene...it's sickening really...like how do they think they look good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 5:14 pm

I think Amy Winehouse makeup is fine as long as there is minimal makeup on the rest of your face. Liek, strong eyes, natural cheeks and lips.
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 7:26 pm

I really hate when people try to do nifty eyeliner designs, but use a pencil so it looks mostly retarded and childish. Liquid eyeliner looks so much nicer!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 11:37 pm

mhm - alllways use liquid. or, use a LIGHT hand with the pencil and go over that with liquid. :]

and Tiinia!

most likely, they do it sloppily because they just dont care. my friends do really good shit.

Brene':

Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 L_8ac5a0b3f1945a4281dbd5c4e3320071

Kathryn:

Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 L_5093bd6737232f694c0a33a2490fe2d8

Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 L_835a85a2a5a5bd061cd825e43ff55fd8

damn, I love them.

but yeah! they love eyeliner, but they wont leave the house if its not to the teee. haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 1:01 pm

no...they do it sloppily because they think it actually looks good...boo on them
your friends look nice though!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 1:17 pm

^.^

wow, I just realized...that last pic of kathryn, is sorta how amy winehouse's eyeliner should look? Razz
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 1:19 pm

Sarahhh your friends are so CUTE!!
This is kind of make up/beauty,
DONT make your eyebrows into tadpoles! You know, thick part at the beginning and then a thin line afterwards? You don't want Mrs and Mr soon-to-be-frog on your face.
And please please please don't pluck your eyebrows so they are a mile apart. That's just not nice. Unless you have a huge gap inbetween your eyes, then maybe I can forgive you.

I also hate red (not highly pigmented) shadow on people who have redness around the eyes. It just looks like more redness. It doesn't look like shadow.

Oh and another thing. I hate it when people don't know how to put on blusher and it ends up either too heavy, the wrong colour or not on the right part of your cheek. bllargh.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 1:23 pm

I hate it when people (usually younger teens just starting with makeup) don't blend their foundation! My little sister does this. She just puts some in her hands and rubs it on her face and it looks all patchy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 1:34 pm

my lil' sis hasn't gotten into foundation yet...thank god...she's still working on mascara...she has a bad habit of using too much and it ends up all around her eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Makeup Don'ts!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next