The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

homecoming makeup - pix!

Go down 
+4
xxmissyxx
Aelwyndaeira
Lindsay
PolyphonicThought
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

homecoming makeup - pix! Empty
PostSubject: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 11:41 pm

so I have a general idea of how I want my eyes,
and Im wearing red blush [fer shures],

and for...my eyes:

its gonna be a strong eye with brown, taupe, and black;
and liquid liner.

kinda like leesha's tutorial on smoky eyes that lisbeth showed me...but without all the extra stuff after the 3 minute mark.

and my brows will be wicked arched [think 40s],
and Im using my lash stylist mascara to keep it bold.

but I dunno if I should just rock a soft lip or red lipstick.

maybe a nude lip with a hint of pink?
or full on pink? or a clear gloss? Im not sure.

and should I rock falsies instead?
I wanna look flashyyy! haha.

oh, and Im getting the bob I showed you guys,
so my hair isnt an issue at all.

hell, thats the easiest part!

you guys know how I look, and I just did a vid so you can see me with makeup on.

any suggestions?

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 1:07 am

I think strong red lip, like if you're going for the 40s theme, and wear false lashes too!!! Like its your hoemcoming so you gotta look like you wouldnt on any other day
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 4:02 pm

ohh snap ya'll! PIXXXXXXXX.

I like the soft lip most of all, because all attention is on Puffy's eyes and her light red cheekbones! =D

buttt for my eyes, I used a gold and taupe on the lid, a dark brown on the outside and on the crease [darkened with a moist q tip in crease], then with a LITTLE black blended in to the crease and down some for shape and definition. then a black pencil [to mimic the liquid liner] winged out some.

and nowww!

this is with the pink/nude lip colour:

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60226

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60243

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60266

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60278

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60299

here's the sort of bright red:

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60513

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60522

and now the darker red!

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60637

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60644

homecoming makeup - pix! 2007-09-05-60662

I know you prolly cant tell the diff between the two reds, but...work with me! Razz

which do you guys like the best?

simple and understated, bright, or bold?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 4:08 pm

I would go for either the lighter look or the darker red ...

I dunno about the bright red ... I don't feel it ...

Ok, I'm bad at explaining ...
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 4:18 pm

yeahhh I hate the bright red honestly. its way too...pink based. that dark one [brown/red based, which is made for my skintone] is a fav of mine, but I wanted to save it for senior prom. Very Happy

the light one looks funny cos I had just applied it and it hadnt warmed up yet. but after I took the pics, it looked quite lovely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 4:21 pm

i like the dark onee :]
and then the pinkish one next.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 4:22 pm

I like the dark red!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:36 pm

Dark red, baybee! But I have a red lipstick fetish---I own 5 different red shades so far....Wink
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:43 pm

I LOOOOOOVE the eyes!!!

i like the dark red better...with that eye make-up and the bright red lips, you look very
how should I put this...hmmm...black
yeah, that's all i can come up with

you know, those like lower/middle class middle aged black women that work like low paying office jobs and like at dr. offices...that's what the bright red looks like

and if your doing the darker red lips, i'd go for a more pinky/apricot/peachy blush, red might look too harsh
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

Number of posts : 658
Name : Tarren
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:45 pm

Looove the dark red!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Im gonna TRYYY to redo my damn vid...so you guys can see the makeup better, with a pink lip.

and the red blush actually flowed nicely. it added slight definition to my face!

Im only afraid of the deep red right now cos of my hair - I dont want the blunt cut and the lips competing - if you understand that >.<
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:53 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:
with that eye make-up and the bright red lips, you look very
how should I put this...hmmm...black
yeah, that's all i can come up with

you know, those like lower/middle class middle aged black women that work like low paying office jobs and like at dr. offices...that's what the bright red looks like

Laughing Laughing applause applause Laughing Laughing

That's freakin' hilarious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:56 pm

yeah...i think Puffy might be the only black girl in the world that I could say that to and not fear for my life...you know besides the whole 4hr. drive and internet thing
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:58 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:
yeah...i think Puffy might be the only black girl in the world that I could say that to and not fear for my life...you know besides the whole 4hr. drive and internet thing

Hahahahaha! I had a friend who was black (we unfortunately lost contact after we both quit at the store we worked), and her mum and daughter, too....they never took offense to stuff like that--LOL!

Know what, though? In my city white girls do that with their makeup, but they tan really dark to try to look black, and also dye their hair dark and get corn rows.

I swear, some areas of my city are super ghetto.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 6:04 pm

HAHAHAHAHA FUNNY YOU MENTION THAT SHAUNAAA.

my vid was about makeup mistakes/faux paus I hated, and tanning was the first one I mentioned.

then bad foundation, spider lashes, iced pink lip gloss [looks ashy], and last, pencil thin lashes >.<

and how the hell does that offend me? YOU'RE RIGHT! I hate that lipstick with a passion. the dark one is best! I may go for pink cos mum actually hates that dark colour, and I need someone to pay for the weave >.<
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 9:55 am

I really like the pink! I think it'd go with your dress good too.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 2:15 pm

The dark red will look fuuucking gorgeous if you have really dramatic, 40s-esque eyes. You can always soften the bob if you have to with a curling iron (like around the bottom). But I think that dark red looks hot. HOT I SAY.

Definitely false lashes, miss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 5:35 pm

I actually reckon the lightest lippy. I think you look too over the top with the dark lippy - and the middle one is just horrendous haha.
But yeah... I think it's overdone if you use that dark lipstick with your eye makeup like that.

Love the eyes.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 8:48 pm

mum hates the dark lipstick too ;-;

and although the dark got teh majority =D

I have to go with teh pinky one since mum will threaten not to buy the extensions...garsh >.<
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 12:31 am

I like the pink too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 1:56 pm

Im wearing the new benefit gloss!

if I can ruddy find it - its off and disappeared! ;-;
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Quote :
Know what, though? In my city white girls do that with their makeup, but they tan really dark to try to look black, and also dye their hair dark and get corn rows.

Dude! I thought Scarborough was ghetto, but I stand corrected!
Sorry, completely off topic...

Anyway, I like the dark red. It gives off more of that 40s vibe, and in my opinion goes with your navy dress better too. Kinda reminds me of Billie Holliday...
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 7:20 am

pinkhaired wrote:

Dude! I thought Scarborough was ghetto, but I stand corrected!
Sorry, completely off topic...

Anyway, I like the dark red. It gives off more of that 40s vibe, and in my opinion goes with your navy dress better too. Kinda reminds me of Billie Holliday...

Heeheehee...just head to the East End of Hamilton. Super ghetto! They get all dickied up on the week when "cheques" are out, so you get to see them in their attempted black glory. Wink

And I agree--the red is SOOOO awesome with that dress and Puffy's skin. I'm still behind the dark red all the way.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 10:04 am

Quote :
Heeheehee...just head to the East End of Hamilton. Super ghetto! They get all dickied up on the week when "cheques" are out, so you get to see them in their attempted black glory.

I've lived in Toronto/Scarborough for over 15 years and never been to Hamilton. If I;m ever there I'll be sure to bring my camera...haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 4:43 pm

i really like the darker red! you did a nice job on the eyeliner, too : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: homecoming makeup - pix!   homecoming makeup - pix! Empty

Back to top Go down

homecoming makeup - pix!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next