The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beauty Tips & Secrets

Go down 
+14
Bianca
cherrybomb
ninibaby
hyperventilating
abercrombie
anjelik_dreamin
TOONRULESOK
NightmaresOnWax
Lindsay
pinkhaired
PolyphonicThought
Aelwyndaeira
GinaELIZABETH
Kirsty
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 9:53 pm

mkay, cool. i use neutrogena scrub. it's amazing. it like, makes your skin feel all cool and refreshed after you use it. gah, i LOVE it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 10:04 pm

oh, the blue one with the beads? I had it my sophomore year, it was really nice. I like the cooling effect. could have been stronger though - my t-zone is really bad.
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 10:07 pm

mhm. agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 10:18 pm

My mom loves that stuff, it breaks me out! Accually, everything neutrogena clogs my pores!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 10:41 pm

neutrogena keeps my skin clean. it doesnt do miracles for my skin the way clean and clear does, but it keeps my skin as nice as it can be.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 11:31 pm

I still haven't found anything that does GREAT on my skin! The best so far has been Clinique but I want to find something better.

My skin is too difficult!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 6:11 am

for all the ladies talking about skin problems, there is a cream you can get from your doctor called "retin-a". make sure you ask for the cream, not the gel. (the cream works loads better) the only bad part about it is the fact that it dries your skin out terribly. so using a moisturizer the next morning works wonders.

i put the retin-a on at night, and then i use cetaphil moisturizer in the morning and my skin is nearly flawless. (mind you, i used to have TERRIBLE acne.)
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 9:15 am

GinaELIZABETH wrote:
ooh, okay. so it's not like, in a bottle? like, pure SA?

The one I use is in a bottle, the consistency is like toner and I put it on after I cleanse.

Link

I use the 2% liquid but you can get it in weaker doses / different formula's.

A home version of BHA/SA is an aspirin mask. You take 3-5 aspirins, mix with water till you get a nice creamy consistency, spread it over your skin (concentrate on problem areas like forehead, nose and chin where you get blocked pores), wait till it dries and then lightly buff it off with a damp piece of cotton wool.

You get basically the same effect but it's a little more hastle. Seriously worth trying though if your skin is looking congested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 12:50 am

Ooh, tips!

i forgot this thread

Ok, so whenever i get y haircut, if i want it a specific way, instead of googling a pic and trawling through hundreds of not quite right images, i draw it.

my hairdresser loves it ad i always get a perfect result Smile
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 3:50 am

Except we aren't all awesome artists lil. I'm sure my hairdresser would be less than amused by my crude stick figures haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 3:55 am

well ask me to draw it for you then Razz
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 3:58 am

haha, i'll hold you to that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 4:07 am

sure thing ^.^
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 10:16 am

that's actually a really good idea. I should do that for my own cut!
thanks for that, lily n.n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 4:33 pm

anytime Smile
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 10:34 am

skeletor wrote:
for all the ladies talking about skin problems, there is a cream you can get from your doctor called "retin-a". make sure you ask for the cream, not the gel. (the cream works loads better) the only bad part about it is the fact that it dries your skin out terribly. so using a moisturizer the next morning works wonders.

i put the retin-a on at night, and then i use cetaphil moisturizer in the morning and my skin is nearly flawless. (mind you, i used to have TERRIBLE acne.)

I HATE this stuff with a passion. I had SEVERE acne when I was younger, and when I used this stuff, it just burned my skin---making me have bright red skin with acne. I looked so gross. When I can find a pic, I'll post it. You all will be SHOCKED.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 8:11 am

you know what, I have never had anything good happen from Vaseline - I think it just doesn't like me!

But, I personally recommend anything from the Blistex lip care range-it has been a staple in my handbag for...lord knows how long!

In the morning, cleanse your face, and then splash your face with ICE COLD water (or the coldest water you have at the time) about 7 times. Its really good for the pores, and after you can tone etc!

Also, I think it is really important to scrub your face neck and cleavage area every 2 days. It keeps your skin fresh, and will help prevent getting unwanted creases, and once you start you just cant stop Smile

The best scrubs to use are the sugar type and salt type, but having said that, St Ives Apricot Scrub is fabulous-and that is neither salt or sugar!

Oh, one more thing - Shu Uemura!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 1:41 pm

oh, mr. shu...may he rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
hyperventilating

hyperventilating

Number of posts : 1209
Name : Flor, whatever
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 10:24 pm

My tips (I bet you already know them)

For oily skin
salt or sugar + lemon juice or kitchen oil or moisturizer

and for the dark circles under your eyes: Iced milk or potatoes

This is not a beauty tip but it's a tip.. for terrible headaches or migraines, put one thin slice of potatoe in each temple. The Potatoe's slice will absorb the headache.. I don't know how or why but it's true. I have suffered migraines since i was a little girl and my mom taught me that tip that her mom did... It really dissappears!! (but go with a neurologist.. it's the best)

=)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/FlorMantecon
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Quote :
and for the dark circles under your eyes: Iced milk or potatoes

How long do you leave the potatos on your eyes ( I assume you mean raw potato slices) and what do you do with the milk, rinse it off...??
Back to top Go down
hyperventilating

hyperventilating

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Yess.. it's raw potatoe and i leave it for about 5minutes

about the milk: you have to damp some cotton with iced milk and leave it on your eyes for, again, 5 minutes
Back to top Go down
hyperventilating

hyperventilating

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Question
which foundation works better for oily skin? liquid one, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 8:26 pm

I think it's a matte foundation that works better for oily skin... not that I have any idea what a matte foundation is. I think like, a cream foundation and then put powder on top works best... AHAH I have no idea lol.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 8:29 pm

Matte is just the finish of a foundation Jade. It can be in any fomula. I would probably suggest a cream or a powder personally, but that's just a guess. And powder on top is a must.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 8:40 pm

hyperventilating wrote:
Question
which foundation works better for oily skin? liquid one, right?

anything oil free; with spf, if possible.

CoverGirl and Revlon are the best drugstore foundations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beauty Tips & Secrets
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next