The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beauty Tips & Secrets

Go down 
+14
Bianca
cherrybomb
ninibaby
hyperventilating
abercrombie
anjelik_dreamin
TOONRULESOK
NightmaresOnWax
Lindsay
pinkhaired
PolyphonicThought
Aelwyndaeira
GinaELIZABETH
Kirsty
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 10:59 am

i wonder if CVS or Wallgreens would have them without having to buy the whole kit...
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 11:01 am

I've seen them in grocery stores sold alone but thats the only place I've really noticed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 11:03 am

so i bought a lil silver metal one at the drug store...4 damn dollars

i went in and asked the lady if they had them and she acted like she was sneaking me into a secret room...wtf?

i guess if i don't like it for teasing i could use it to back comb dreads...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 6:06 pm

broken_Treehouse wrote:
theres no real way to get rid of cellulite though is there? :[
Diet and excersize can reduce it. I am a skinny girl, 5'8" and 120 pounds, but I have some cellulite. I am sooo self concious about it. I rarely let my boyfriend see my behind uncovered and I try and wear modest bottoms on the beach. By eating healthier and running, dancing and playing soccer it's all but gone. It's no on my thighs anymore anyway, a bit on my butt still but that's easier to cover. Also, fake tanning on your legs can make it show up less. I'm pretty pale so darkening it made it much less visable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2007 10:53 am

weee~

i just used the windex on a really big pimple like an hour ago!!~~@
it was the size of my fingertip, pretty much!
just hugeee.

and it's gone now!
no more.
yay, i'm so happy..!

now i can go out~
c:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 11:46 pm

if you've just washed your hair and you think it's too shiny, try rubbing a little body moisturiser between your pams and running it through your hair.

but remember, a little goes a loooong way
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 1:05 pm

... TOO shiny? I didn't know hair could be?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 9:10 pm

like ify ou think it looks to fake and salon-y
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 9:50 am

Ohh like brassy kinda? yehh i see what you mean. I always try to get my hir shinier! it's like a mission i have...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 1:53 pm

If you don't have any conditioner in your house anymore, but you do have fabricsoftner, use that!

I actually like it better than conditioner cause it takes away the knots ( sp?) immidiatly, and your hair feels supersilky!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 2:23 pm

<_<

Wouldn't all the harsh chemical and fragrences in the softener completely ruin your hair?

And imagine getting some of that in your eyes!

OUCH!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2007 4:40 pm

Well, no it didn't actually ... My hair was in a desastrous ( sp?) shape ... but after using it it felt so soft and healthy again!

I'll ask my mom which fabric softener she has Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 8:51 pm

Today when I was putting on my mascara, I noticed that when you get to the tips if you just hold it there for a few seconds each time you coat it on there it makes your lashes look longer and holds the curl better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 10:18 pm

I use Baking Soda and mouth wash everynight on my teeth
after I brush, and holy sheeeet. It works fabulously. Makes my teeth
whiter! And trust me I have yellow teeth from smoking and coffee haha.

Want a little complexion without using the sun? Well,all you have to do is take a small amount of gold eyeshadow and mix it in with your favorite foundation.

You can also add your favorite foundation to your favorite moisturizer to give you a nice warm complexion. This is good for pale albino people like me haha.

Never, EVER put on make up without washing your face, and adding a
moisturizer first! I found that out the hard way. You will get alot of
acne. Due to the amount of oils in all types of foundations.

Use organic shaving cream on your underarms, legs, and wherever
else you'd like to make un-hairy (haha). It works wonders. They strip
it down so you don't get all that extra crap in it. Organic products are a girls best friend. I'm telling ya!

Use clean and clear facial cleanser, and scrubs. Holy crap. I
never found anything that worked for me like this stuff does. I have
the most stubborn acne. I have sensitive skin, so when I didn't get the
sensitive version, I almost panicked. But it works! It works more
powerful than the sensitive skin one does. I've used that one before
and it's just far too weak for me.

Buy make up cu-tips. Those are cu-tips made specially for
removing eye make up. They sell them in the beauty eisle of CVS
Pharmacy. They work so much better than regular ones because they are
pointy, and they have a flatter side on the other end!

QUEEN HELENE Cholesterol Hot Oil Treatments. Holy mother fooker!
This stuff is AMAZING. My hair was SO damaged from dying it, stripping
it etc..I got this stuff at work (CVS Pharmacy) to try, because I
needed something. My hair was so dead. My hair is now shiney and
healthy. My color is gorgeous.

John Frieda shampoos and conditioners! They work wonderfully. I
am currently using the brilliant brunette's version of his. My hair
smells lovely. It's shiney, and beautiful.

Maybelline make up is the way to go girls! Their powders, and colors
are so easy to work with. Also, try the Milani make up which is
sold exclusively at CVS. Its so good! Get the colored pallet. I have
the green and gold one. It's $7.99 but it's well worth it! =]

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 10:23 pm

My skincare:
Pevonia It's a European Botanical line that I LOVE, and have used since beauty school. Their Propolis treatment is THE BEST for acne
DDF Their Organic sunscreen moisturizer is heaven
Bliss Love their toner and eyecream
Murad acne spot treatment, I'm told I have great skin, but even I do get a zit now and again
Juice beauty I love everything they have, but especially their anti-oxident serum, as I have this one wrinkle that I want to kill
Clinique: They have this one awesome nightcream that I love, don't like the rest of the line though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 10:33 pm

Cranberry_Juice wrote:
If you have non-sensitive skin (mine's tough as nails) buy a Clorox Bleach Pen and put it on your pimples. The bleach in it is watered down enough that it won't kill your skin!

As a licensed Aesthetician... PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. The best stuff on a pimple is Salicylic Acid, clean and clear girlies... don't use bleach
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 6:17 am

MadeiraDarling wrote:
Cranberry_Juice wrote:
If you have non-sensitive skin (mine's tough as nails) buy a Clorox Bleach Pen and put it on your pimples. The bleach in it is watered down enough that it won't kill your skin!

As a licensed Aesthetician... PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. The best stuff on a pimple is Salicylic Acid, clean and clear girlies... don't use bleach

I hear that.

If I have congested skin I wipe it with Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid (salisylic acid) and seriously...!
It gets rid of any bumps under my skin, closes pores, evens skintone, totally eliminates my blackheads and stops any spots in their tracks within about 3 days.

I don't care if I sound like an advert - It's the best stuff I've ever used. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 6:32 am

VintageCouture1920 wrote:
Use clean and clear facial cleanser, and scrubs. Holy crap. I
never found anything that worked for me like this stuff does. I have
the most stubborn acne. I have sensitive skin, so when I didn't get the
sensitive version, I almost panicked. But it works! It works more
powerful than the sensitive skin one does. I've used that one before
and it's just far too weak for me.

I have a full review on clean and clear in product reviews, as a sticky. I usually recommend biore and c&c - some girls on here with crud skin like mine actually cant use it though!

also, we have tonnes of maybelline/milani fans on here. seriously, browse the PR and beauty sections more! you'll discover sooo much! =D
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:40 am

abercrombie wrote:
MadeiraDarling wrote:
Cranberry_Juice wrote:

I hear that.

If I have congested skin I wipe it with Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid (salisylic acid) and seriously...!
It gets rid of any bumps under my skin, closes pores, evens skintone, totally eliminates my blackheads and stops any spots in their tracks within about 3 days.

I don't care if I sound like an advert - It's the best stuff I've ever used. Very Happy

I cannot use SA....I get such bad rashes from it. I had tons of dermatologists try to get me to use it when I had REALLY REALLY bad skin....and it just made it worse.

While I wouldn't put bleach on my face (icky----actually, I HAVE used watered down to bleach to remove hair dye from my neck), I use Windex on the giant, nasty pimples, and it works great.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 7:57 am

Aelwyndaeira wrote:
abercrombie wrote:
MadeiraDarling wrote:
Cranberry_Juice wrote:

I hear that.

I cannot use SA....I get such bad rashes from it. I had tons of dermatologists try to get me to use it when I had REALLY REALLY bad skin....and it just made it worse.

While I wouldn't put bleach on my face (icky----actually, I HAVE used watered down to bleach to remove hair dye from my neck), I use Windex on the giant, nasty pimples, and it works great.

You see windex is fine, it's a soap product, it may not be the best for you, but bleach compromises the acid mantle of your skin to a horrid degree, and you don't want that as it protects against infection.

The other acne treatment I'd recommend, as i think I already stated, Murad Sulpher Treatment golly I love that stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 11:21 am

Oh wow, thanks for telling us Madeira!
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 9:43 pm

Where can you get SA?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 9:46 pm

SA is in almost every face cleanser - just look for one that says it has SA in it, Gina!
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 9:47 pm

ooh, okay. so it's not like, in a bottle? like, pure SA?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2007 9:49 pm

nope...if it was, I'd be a tad frightened ;-;

most cleansers have 2% SA in it. try neutrogena, or clean and clear for something strong - I have a full review of clean and clear in PR. biore is good with that, too. neutrogena is best if you have sensitive skin, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beauty Tips & Secrets   Beauty Tips & Secrets - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beauty Tips & Secrets
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next