The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Foundation recommendation for pale skin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Foundation recommendation for pale skin Empty
PostSubject: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 am

I have real trouble finding a foundation in the right colour for me. I am VERY pale, have oily skin and redness from blemishes. So what I need is good coverage and something that will stay put. I know how fabulous you girls are and that between you, you have probably tried everything so hopefully your expertise can help me out.

I have tried Bare Minerals Fairly Light (too dark), BM Fair (reacted really weirdly and went literally orange on me), Benefit Playstick Spin the Bottle (too dark), MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 (too dark), Dior Forever 010 (too dark), Revlon Colorstay (whatever the lightest shade is, ivory I think, too dark!).

As I live in the UK I obviously need recommendations of products that are available in the UK Smile, I'm not too bothered about price - but the cheaper the better Razz!

Also, I have heard people recommend mixing a white foundation with your normal foundation, has anyone tried that? Does it work?

Thanks in advance x
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm pale too, my skintype is pretty normal, with some oily areas, no real areas of dryness unless I don't moisturize. I have some breakouts sometimes (: ( ) but usually I just conceal that, and usually rely on lighter coverage

right now I'm using Pur Minerals in Porcelain, and it's nice so far.

I was using Stila's Illuminating Moisturizer, in shade one, which looks dark, but goes on sheer.

and what I was using before that..
MAC Mineralize Satinfinish in NC15 and
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in light.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:40 pm

I have that same moisturizer, Jay Smile I've used shade 2 on pale people and it looks great.

Grr there was a line of foundations by that pale redhead from Girls Aloud that was made specifically for pale girls, and I think it was Pinkhaired that tried it? Not sure if its still around, tho!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Unfortunately that line got discontinued puff Sad

and there is already a topic on pale foundations that you might like to check out; https://cupcakemafia.forumotion.net/product-reviews-f6/foundations-for-pale-people-t3641.htm?highlight=pale
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 7:49 pm

glad you posted that Nin, cos if that line was gone, I was gonna mention CS! Mandy loves the stuff. Apparently its like Jesus in a pot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 am

Thanks guys, I'll check out your recs and that thread that Stephanie posted.

Jayme, would you say the NC15 in those shades is lighter than in the Studio Fix? x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:29 am

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Shell is really pale, and Revlon do some pretty pale shades as well
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:23 am

yes, just because it's more sheer, it's not heavy coverage.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Illamasqua goes pretty darn pale, and it's a UK line! Quite expensive, though :3
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:12 am

Ooooh yes Illamaqua.
I would love to try that shit out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foundation recommendation for pale skin   Foundation recommendation for pale skin Empty

Back to top Go down

Foundation recommendation for pale skin
Page 1 of 1