The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

stupid skin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 8:45 pm

Ewww...

I have really sensitive skin that gets really dry, and right now I've been getting these huge pimples along my hairline and above my eyebrows. You know the kind that hurt. Anyway, because of the stupid super sensitivity of my skin I don't know what to use to get rid of them. Does anyone else have this problem, or have any ideas as to what might help?

On an off note, when I was younger I always thought my skin would clear up as an adult, apparently not! Sad
Back to top Go down

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 8:47 pm

i dont have advice, but.. my moms 40 something and stillll get really bad acne.
Back to top Go down

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 8:54 pm

Witch hazel is really good to use as an astringent because it clears but it doesn't really dry you out, but you also need a moisturizer since you have naturally dry skin anyways
I think Clean and Clears Oxygenating Mousturizer is really good. I have moderately sensitive skin and i get these weird dry patches. That moisturizer really helps with the dryness and the oxygen effect helps your pores clean them selves out.

and if you as adventurous as me, toothpaste. plain white, .99 toothpaste. it dries out all the puss and dirt from the zits really fast, you'll need to leave it on for a few hours and when you wash it off it will still feel like a zit, but that's just swelling and it will be completely gone within a day or two and it will never get a head or anything
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 8:55 pm

go to product reviews, and click on my clean and clear post! there's some gentle cleansers and moisturizers in there you may like!
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 9:05 pm

See I've got good mosturizrs and stuff, but I need something for the zits.

Quote :
i dont have advice, but.. my moms 40 something and stillll get really bad acne.

Yeah, I was really hoping for some good skin in between having zits, then having wrinkles, but alas it has yet to happen. At least the wrinkles haven't really started yet.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 9:07 pm

then try a spot treatment. also in the clean and clear post!

they helped my little zits around the hairline, which Ive been getting lately - also the painy pain kind. ;-;

I use my face mask to dry up my pimples overnight, but gwar. my skin dont luff me no mores.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 pm

Hmmm...do you think I should read the Clean and Clear post?
teehee...just teasing Razz

I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 9:15 pm

teehee

teasing always fun
mostly when kiki is the brunt of it Very Happy

IM KIDDING, KEEKS! dont hurt me ;-;

though tiinia is right, the toothpaste does work. I was surprised myself!
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 pm

Yeah, I should try that. I used to do it when I was younger. My skin has just gotten more and more sensitive as I get older, which is really annoying.
Back to top Go down

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 10:04 pm

tooth paste...i swear to god, no one believes me that it works... and astringent is like a must
Back to top Go down

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 10:14 pm

OMFG DON'T DO TOOTHPASTE!!

I did it a few months ago, and it just completely dried out my skin in that area, which peeled and it's left me this HUGGGE scar! All coz of the fucking toothpaste!!!

What do you use to wash your skin? Cos, if you're using something too strong (clean + clear was even too strong for me), then that can make your skin dry out and then you get more pimples cos your skin pumps out more oil to make up for that and yadda yadda.

But to get rid of them quickly, try a cream treatment or something like that.

But yeah, maybe it's worth trying out different cleansers and the like to see which ones might help! (If you haven't already, that is.)
Back to top Go down

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 10:20 pm

what kind of toothpaste did you use Jade? because toothpaste is like a staple in my face routine...i've never had a problem with it

i've had friends that tried it and used flavored or extra whitening toothpaste and had the same reaction but when they tried plain toothpaste it worked fine
i'm not saying that you did it wrong, cuz I know that different stuff reacts different on different people but that also means it's not something to rule out

if you're going to try tons of different cleansers try them for atleast 2 weeks at a time so you can tell how each one really reacts with your skin
Back to top Go down

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 10:22 pm

Hmm... it might've been a whitening.... I don't remember. That may be the reason.

But also, would normal toothpaste be suitable for such sensitive skin like Jessie's?
Back to top Go down

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 10:28 pm

yeah, a friend of mine used a whitening, mint vanillia flavored gel toothpaste all over her face and was red for like 3 days
i wanted to laugh, but then i felt bad for recommending it, but then i wanted to laugh again because i told her not to use that stuff

i think it would ok, or maybe not but i just think you should never just completely rule something out, especially if you're desperate
Back to top Go down

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 10:30 pm

True that.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 7:37 am

Quote :
What do you use to wash your skin? Cos, if you're using something too strong (clean + clear was even too strong for me), then that can make your skin dry out and then you get more pimples cos your skin pumps out more oil to make up for that and yadda yadda.

I use Cetaphil for sensitive, problem prone skin. I don't think its my cleanser or face cream thats doing it though, its probably stress. I just wanted to know how to treat them.
Back to top Go down

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 6:51 am

Clinique has always worked for me. I used to get acne in some places but even since I started with clinique, my skin has been reletively blemish free. I'm pretty sure they have some face regime stuff for people with sentisitive skin, you should check it out.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 7:01 am

Go to your doctor.
Tell him it's getting you down and you'd like to take something to clear your skin up, because you've tried everything and it's not worked.
He/she should give you some tablets, i take those and they clear your skin up really well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Sponsored content

stupid skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: stupid skin   stupid skin Empty

Back to top Go down

stupid skin
Page 1 of 1