The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Benefit cosmetics.

Go down 
+9
pinkhaired
gill
anjelik_dreamin
NightmaresOnWax
Lindsay
abercrombie
witch_lilly
shadowsforsale
PolyphonicThought
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 9:38 pm

no prob. don't forget to lightly brush your forehead, bridge of nose, temples, and chin! that's where the sun hits your face naturally. don't "re-dip" your brush - use what's already on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:02 pm

i want lemon-aid and the lip plumper

i am an absolute sucker for lip plumpers.

i ahve their hard angle brush! so worth the $27 i spent on it, its my holy grail brush, i wish i could just use it for everything hahah

i now have 3 hard angled brushes, a cheap one i got in aset which i never use because it feel too light and flimsy, a free one i got with some cake eyeliner (which i threw out, it was otally shit and showed up like watercolour paint), the brush is pretty good for a free one, but realy doesn't ompare to my benefit one.

i want alll of the brushes Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:31 pm

please tell me that you realize the lip plumper also acts as a base for lip colours and glosses. I've seen too many bad reviews in blogs about it because most of those women were too dumb to realize/look it up on the website. you use a lot of bright lippies so I think it'll be rad for you. it doesn't really plump much, but its a nice alternative to MAC's lip erase, which I'd love to have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:40 pm

hehe yes! i just browsed the site Razz i was like 'you know, thats exactly what i want!'

ohh it doesn't really plump much?
i wanted something thats like BAM

im forever searching for an alternative to collagen Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:53 pm

if you want a REALLY good lip plumper, then you want to try lip fusion. really expensive, but it gives true results.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:54 pm

Lil, your lips are sexy as is!
I reckon you'd look like a blow fish if they were any more 'bam' hhaa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 5:54 pm

what brand is it? it rings a bell.. too face or pout maybe?

edit:
yeah but jade.. i secretly want lips like puffys ahaha so sexy Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:06 pm

no, the brand is LIP FUSION :]
look it up on sephora, or google. they're great.

and bisssh plz. I secretly want MY lips to be bigger, even though mine are puffy enough =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:16 pm

oh right!

sephora is an evil bastard an doesn't ship here so i'll see if its on amazon

and i'll get the lemon-aid concealer since the plumper doesn't do what i want it to Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:21 pm

dont forget to check your pm's! I replied! :]

other things you may like are:

that gal
dr. feelgood
some kinda gorgeous
the her glossiness gift set
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:25 pm

yeha i was thinking of getting that gal cos i remembered you mentioned id look good in it a while ago Razz

hmmm

the pallettes you mentioned aren't very expensive either but i think its a bitch much to ask for just for my birthday, y know?

cos over here they'd be like $40+ cos of magical price inflation
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:54 pm

they're almost $40 here once you include tax and shipping...but that prolly doesnt make you feel better Razz

benefit does have cheaper products, just browse the site and list things you like!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 6:58 pm

i think I'll ask for either lemon- aid or that gal ^.^
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 7:01 pm

muy bueno choices, m'dear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 7:11 pm

I desperately want Benefit You rebel lite and Thrrrob. My friend Dani works at the Benefit counter and she gave me a sample of you rebel and i loooove it. And thrrrob looks awesome on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 7:11 pm

why thankyou Smile

my only problem is im not sure if i have pink or yellow undertones so im feeling a little suss about lemon-aid being yelowy?

im sure the mua can help me though
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 7:18 pm

yellow and green help with sallowness and redness, so if you have those problems, lemon aid should help :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 1:19 pm

Puffffy!
You're always looking for a good concealer!
xDDD
If you're looking for a cheaper alt. you might wanna try the nyx in the pot.
I love mine.
So easy to blend and all that jazz.
I got mine at a beauty supply store where they sell weave and stuff.
If you have any of them near you, you might wanna see if they have any!
Totally worth the 3 bucks I think.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 2:10 pm

psssh, not just concealer! you know half the time its all about foundation!

and I heard about that NYX concealer! it looks like a hell of a big pot! I totally forgot about it, it would be a good substitute.

and I can walk to my local hair store! they have those NYX pearl piggie things. mmhm. n.n
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 2:41 pm

that's the next concealer I plan on trying, as soon as I get enough coke rewards point for another Visa gift card (and when they restock them) since I have to get it online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 2:44 pm

vanessa from nessessary makeup loves it, and posted before and after photos. its pretty nice stuff. :]
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 7:37 pm

reviews:

dr. feelgood:

http://www.glossypink.com/2007/08/for-long-time-i-steered-clear-of.html

some kinda gorgeous:

http://www.glossypink.com/2007/08/some-kind-gorgeous.html
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:39 pm

anjelik_dreamin wrote:
I desperately want Benefit You rebel lite and Thrrrob. My friend Dani works at the Benefit counter and she gave me a sample of you rebel and i loooove it. And thrrrob looks awesome on.

I seriously want thrrrob too. Read an article in Glamour that recommended it. Apparently it wakes up you face! Lol Smile
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 2:20 pm

BADgal Lash: First off, let me just say that the brush is HUGE! I can still reach all my lashes but it just really surprised me when I pulled out the wand and I was like "....woah... <_<". The formula takes a while to dry so it can smudge if you're not careful but once it did, I had zero flaking problems. Even though it did take a bit to dry, I really liked the consistancy; not too thick, not too thin.

I'm really careful when applying mascara so I didn't get any clumps but it would be really easy to do so if you don't take your time. It gave me awesome thickness and pretty good length if i applied it to my tips but it completely drooped and weighed down my lashes. It's pretty good but I'd say the performance is really close to my Max Factor 2000 calorie so why would I spend so much when I can get the same results for a quarter of the price?

Dallas Blush: LOVE!!!! Beautiful plummy shade. It's really versitile for lots of skintones except for those that are really pale since it can look muddy on them. It's got some gold in it and can be used as a bronzer as well; not that I ever do that. Comes with a brush that I find pretty much useless but my MAC 129 does a great job. I love this.

Eye-con: A tiny bit goes SUCH a long way. I just tap the surface with my fingertip and I have enough to cover my entire eye area. It doesn't absorb so quickly that I feel like I didn't put anything ony, but it doesn't leave me shiny or feeling like i have a film on my eyes. The moisture was great but it hasn't done a thing for fading my circles like it said it would and I doubt it ever will since my dark circles are from heredity.

Gilded: Sooooo not for cool skin (pink undertones) or pale people. I have yellow-y, medium-light skin and I think it looks great on my brow bone. I feel like it melted off my face in the heat too quickly and I had to be careful about blending out the harsh pencil line or it would completely fade. It was great as a cheek-bone highlight but again, blending was a bitch. The gold isn't too strong or over-powering and it can look very glamorous once you take your time.

Benetint: I honestly don't get why people don't like the scent. It smells like roses and I LOVE it. It fades within five minutes and it's really faint to begin with. I love how build-able it is from pinky red all the way to deep scarlet. On my lips it lasted a long time and didn't dry them out, but you do need to make sure they're totally flake-free and moisturized before applying. I thought it gave me plenty of blending time on my cheeks and I could go as deep as I'd like with the color by blending only with my fingertips. The only thing I really didn't like was that it's really hard to try to blend out that harsh line on the cheeks. It made me feel like raggedy ann. Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Haha, nice review. I was thinking of getting Dallas when I went on my trip, but I'm still not sure of how it would look on me. I think I may just get Stila Convertibles instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Benefit cosmetics.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next