The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Benefit cosmetics.

Go down 
+9
pinkhaired
gill
anjelik_dreamin
NightmaresOnWax
Lindsay
abercrombie
witch_lilly
shadowsforsale
PolyphonicThought
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 5:35 am

Okay, I am a bit slow in posting... but...

I'm a benefit fan, so I thought I'd share my two cents with you all!

Okay, first off, I have a few things I thought would be worth buying, which include,
Non-Fiction - foundation
High Beam - highlighter stuff
Benetint - blush/lip tint
Lemon Aid - eyelid primer stuff I guess?
Georgia - Peachy powder blusher
Realness of Concealness kit - has samples of Highbeam/Ooh la lift/Lip Plump/ Bo-Ing!/Lemon Aid

First up, Non-fiction

The problem is with this makeup, if that it dries pretty quickly, and it doesn't 'blend flawlessly' like it says on the bottle, imo. I have the lightest shade (I have very fair skin) and it is still too dark! It would probably be really nice for girls with a tan, but not so much for me. Plus, the bottle is quite small, and the liquid is so thick that you end up wasting most of it on your fingertips. Personally, I don't think it's worth the money, you can get cheaper maybelline/rimmel foundations (for eg) that do the job better.

Second, High Beam

This is the reason I praise Benefit. This bottled silvery pink highlighter is gorgeous. It blend easily, and last a very long time. It looks great on cheekbones, and really shimmers nicely. Benefit do do another version of the high beam, called Moonbeam which would be nicer on darkskinned girls, but is instead, goldeny pink.

Third, Benetint

I don't overly use this lip/cheek tint, but it gives your lips a nice, 'just-bitten' colour if not over-used. It's okay as a cheek colour, but I still prefer powder over tint, mainly because it's easier to brush off if too much is applied.

Fourth, Lemon Aid

I always keep buying this, it's great. Lasts ages for me. Soft yellowy colour makes your eyelids look nice and even - no blotchiness! Also it's good to dab in the odd spot!

Fifth, Georgia

Yes, it does make fair girls look orange if applied too much - I have definately made that mistake before! It smells a bit like a peach sherbet, good scent. Would work better for tanned skin, but consistency is good and when I use it sparingly, it makes me look like I have a nice glow.

And lastly, Realness of Concealness kit

Cute, portable, good sample sizes. High beam (read above), Lemon Aid (read above). Bo-ing, lasted a long time for me, one of the better concealers I've had, easy to apply. Lip Plump - I really dislike. I don't need plumper anyway, but I tried it and it goes on really horribly. It's gloopy and a horrible colour. I'd rather have a lip-plumping gloss. Ooh la lift is nice, smells good, and makes under your eyes feel a bit more tightened and refreshed. Wakes you up a bit!

Okay so that's it! Just what I've found from using these particular products xx
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 12:18 pm

awesome review, love!

and remember, the lip plump is meant to be a base for lipstick. thats why the colour is so odd - no one is really meant to see it! also, put on balm right before you put the plumper on - that should help it go on more smoothly!
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 1:10 pm

I've got Bo-ing..it's lasted me ages and it is the best concealer I've used so far, but it's a little thick for my taste and even the palest colour is a little yellow on me.

I really want lots more benefit stuff cause I'm a sucker for pretty packaging but I can't afford it..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 1:19 pm

I want this!
Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 P193017_hero

and I almost bought it when I was in Sephora but I didn't Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 4:34 pm

Haha I feel stoopid now!!

I don't really wear lipstick that much, so I don't know much abut it compared to other stuff.

But I bought my first lipstick the other day, a new Clinique colour lasting one.. It's in Nude, and looks so 'mazing.

It be my special occasion lippy!!
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 6:11 pm

Yesterday me and jade were at myer and there was a too faced and benefit counter!! OMG i didn't know that! Anyway, I'm now in love with the California kissin'...the blueish lipgloss? It looks and feels awesome....but it's $30 dollars here! Why do you inflate your prices for aussies, american make up brands? WHY?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 6:19 pm

Yeah, they're so freaking expensive here! Like this mascara is $36!!! And the cheek and lip tint is $53! It's nuts. Their shadows are $34. That's $10 more than the Napoleon ones!
Although I love that Cupid's Bow lip pencil!! Awesome idea.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 8:15 pm

haha, yeah, here in america, their stuff really doesnt go over $30. maybe more, if its a huge set or something.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 2:51 pm

Yeah, I was shocked when I was in Austrailia. I bought a Covergirl nailpolish, and I did'nt look at the price first. It was $13!!
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 3:27 pm

For Covergirl!? Thats crazy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 4:14 pm

... yeah like ALL nailpolishes are that price. OPI is $20 which I'm so bummed about cos I WANT THIS PURPLE ONE SOOOOOO BAD!

You guys got it all cheappppppp.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 7:29 pm

I hate OPI, it's only $6 here though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 7:30 pm

6!!?!?!??!

Damn, you guys got it good!
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 8:20 pm

That California Kissin' is only like $12 here I think..
If not less, I'd have to look at my Benefit catalog.
How much do you like it, and what does it feel/look like exactly??
Sorry, I'm makin' my Xmas list...
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Lindsay

Lindsay

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 8:53 pm

Speaking of Benefit catalogs... I've requested one 3 times now since like July and everytime it tells me it will be here in 1-2 weeks and I still haven't gotten one! Sad
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 10:47 pm

Ohh! I requested one too, and while I was at the Benefit counter the lady handed me one, and now I'm very happy I didn't say that I already ordered one. lol
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 5:33 am

The gloss is a nice texture, i think. Not gloopy but not thin. It's clear but it sort of has a blue shimmer that's really subtle but i love.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 2:03 pm

BAH Im looking at this JUST now and I totally want the powder pop too, lindsay!

and I should mention how AWESOME the 24 k gloss is,
as well as her glossiness.

theyre my favourite lip glosses next to my aquafinas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 3:09 pm

GOT SOME BENEFIT STUFF FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!

I got 'Some-kind-a-gorgeous'
i've used it twice so far. When you apply it it looks pretty scary and feels greasy, it's a job to blend too but it is so worth it. It makes my skin tingle which is kinda awesome... But once it has set and you have put your blush and powder ontop it lasts all day and it looks great. It doesn't look heavy at all and your face feels really light. I have pretty oily skin, so I have to touch up with powder around midday and blot and all that but it doesn't seem to budge despite all that. Also if you are fair skinned and considering it the colour looks offputting but it blends in if you use the right amount and sets translucent!

i also got 'realness of concealness'
i havent used all of the products in that yet so I'll just tell you about the ones i have

Boi-ing: the colour intimidated me somewhat seeing as I am veryyy fair skinned however it blends well. provides good coverage, so far have used it on red patches, darkish under eye circles and a few blemishes and it has tackled all very well.

Lemon Aid: woow...I used a tiny bit of this across my lids and it makes you look totally awake and perfect! i think it would be great if you didnt have much time for makeup and you wanted a quick natural looking fix.

Lip plump: I really liked this, it made my lips look plumper and helped my colour stay allday, lipgloss went on smoother too and everythingt softer all day.

i will update you when i use the other stuff from realness of concealness but so far i have no qualms with any of the products mentioned above and would see getting the full sized versions of the products in 'realness...' as a worthy investment.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 3:16 pm

grrrr

I want all of that benefit stuff ;-;
Im such a huge benefit fan. haha.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Lindsay wrote:
I want this!
Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 P193017_hero

and I almost bought it when I was in Sephora but I didn't Sad

I want it too! Except I worry how the bronzer will look on my skin...but i still really want it! What do you girls think the shades will look like on me?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 8:55 pm

the bronzer won't kill you. their 10 bronzer doesn't even show up as bronzer on my skin. its just...there. it should be fine for you.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 8:58 pm

How do I use it so I don't look dirty though? Do I have to wear foundation under it? Leesha and stuff make contouring look easy, but I suck at it. Maybe I just need better products.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 9:13 pm

they have a thin brush that comes with it. all you do is make your fishy face, and draw that brush along that hollow of your cheek. do this over your foundation, and before powder. this way, you can take a lil powder brush and buff it out if you feel that its too harsh. then you can apply blush - and once again, buff it out if you feel that its too harsh.

my face has a weird natural contour, so I do mine without a fishy, and I do all of those steps above, unless I'm just wearing my studio fix powder foundation. I just buff everything out when its done, haha.

hopefully those tips help some.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Thanks puffy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Benefit cosmetics.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next