The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Benefit cosmetics.

Go down 
+9
pinkhaired
gill
anjelik_dreamin
NightmaresOnWax
Lindsay
abercrombie
witch_lilly
shadowsforsale
PolyphonicThought
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 11:17 am

I dunno if there's a topic on this already,
buttt there's a LOT of stuff I'd like to try by them.

besides "that gal" and the "boi-ing" concealer,
I'd so love to try the "realness of concealness" kit,
the "some kinda gorgeous" foundation fakerrr,
and the "dandelion" powder stuff.

oh, and that "get even" powder. mm!

the "you rebel" turns me off a little because of the metal tube - plus, Ive heard that it oxidizes way too fast because of the evil packaging!

but anyyyyyyways;

have any of you tried most of their products,
and how did they turn out for you?

there's mixed reviews on specktra,
but you know how they are. buahaha.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 11:21 am

I think I'd try basically anything of it. Damn Sephora for being so far to drive, I'd go work there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 11:37 am

Ive heard great stuff about the mascara, but I cant wear non waterproof formulas. ;-;

the concealer has had rave reviews too, and I really want to hide my dark circles and acne scars!

and that powder? to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie for ;D
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 1:05 pm

OMG! I'm dying to buy some Benefit stuff.

Disco says the Boi-ing concealer is a big thumbs up.

I also love their Bad Gal mascara and I really wanna try that Moonbeam stuff. Makes your skin glow Smile
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
PolyphonicThought

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 1:07 pm

disco has disowned her boi-ing since she got clinique concealer, but she still loves it...buahaha at that girl Very Happy

I dunno if I should get moonbeam or highbeam
thats why Im gonna get the little kit wiff both! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 1:24 pm

Boi-ing is a good coverup, but it's SO freakin thick and the colour options suck. It's a waste of £15 (/equiv) because you use is up so fast. Seriously it lasts like 6-8 weeks tops.

Gonna sounds like a brand-whore but MAC Studiofinish is way better! Better colour choices, better cover up, you don't need as much and it costs way less (£10ish) - especially since I've had the same pot for like a year and used 2/3.
I use it like every day and it hides of my circles way better than Boi-ing ever did.
People say that it's not as good for under your eyes cause it's not as malleable, but if you just get a good concealer brush (I use a lip brush... meh!) and work the product, it becomes much easier to blend!

I've not actually bought any other benefit stuff except the Bluff Dust (shit).
I had a play with Something Kinda Gorgeous but whatever it was supposed to do, it wasn't doin on me! Wasn't huge on the shadows or glosses either.
High Beam was okay, but I prefer using powders so...!

Sorry! Not a very positive post!
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 2:05 pm

Don't be silly! Constructive critisism is always good.

No point on spending hunners of money on something thats not that good. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
PolyphonicThought

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 2:22 pm

exactly! the more blunt, the better.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 8:31 pm

I love Boi-ing! Best concealer I've tried! I accually don't find it to be thick at all and it seems to last a looooong time to me. I've used it pretty generously for about 2 months and have barely made a small dent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 8:52 pm

mm, I dont mind if the product is thick anyways, since I could always fix that with a moisturizer.

another BIG thing that I'm MORE than willing to spend 30 dollars on, is the Brow-Zing kit. I LOVEEEE brow work and it looks rad as hell.
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 9:15 pm

benefit is amazing. I use their Dr. Feel good religiously and I am in love with their show offs. The mascara is also amazing, but I don't actually own any...I just put it on at the store when Im out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
Lindsay

Lindsay

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptySun Aug 19, 2007 9:17 pm

I really want to try that Bad Gal mascara!
Back to top Go down

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 6:17 am

I LOVE boi-ing concealer. The bad parts is there are only 3 shades but luckilly the lightest shade matches my skin perfectly =] It is the best concealer I have ever used.
I also love Babe Cake. Its a cake eyeliner that you add water or she-laq to. It has brown on one side and black on the other and it is really really easy to use, its the only eyeliner i have used which goes on perfect everytime! I highly recommend it.
I would like to try the de-puffing eye gel, has anybody used it and got good results?
I would also like to buy the "Honey, snap out of it" face scrub as I got a sample of it and it was really nice but I would like to know how well it works over time first =]
Back to top Go down
paleogrl

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 10:58 am

I loooove the bad gal mascara. Definitely worth it, the tube is huge so it lasts awhile. Although technically you should toss mascara after 6 months or so, I've have no problems with bad gal and have used it for over a year. It was a bit intimidating at first because the mascara brush thing is bigger than my eye Razz

Sadly they don't have a waterproof one puffy, but doesn't sally hanson have some product that you put over mascara to make it waterproof?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 2:06 pm

mm, Benefit has "she-laq", which is the same as the Sally product youre referring to! it even comes with, oh, five brushes for whatever youre doing. I may try it, if I can!
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 3:05 pm

I want that Georgia powder. Mainly because I think the box is cute.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 3:06 pm

the one with the peachy smell colour? it looks rad to me, too; but I have heard accounts that fair skinned girls look orange with it on, so if you buy it, use a light hand! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 3:12 pm

Yep I've heard that as well. I tend to use too light of a hand sometimes so that won't be a problem for me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 3:14 pm

then I say go for it! buahahaha. I want the dandelion, I could use a pinky glow every now and then. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 3:17 pm

I want that one too, it looks so lovely!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 3:20 pm

mm it does! people rave about dallas, but Im not big on bronzer much. Ive seen such bronzing faux pas Ive steered clear of it, plus, Im dark nuff anyways Razz
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 1:47 am

Is benefit expensive?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 12:47 pm

er, yesss, in american, the products are anywhere from $16 to maybe...hm, $40. I havent seen a product over $40.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 4:45 am

damn...revlon it is i guess...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 3:22 pm

ive got the bad gal eyeliner and mascara, they are reaaally good, lovely to use as well.
i also have the you rebel tinted moisturiser, which is great and smells fantastic but doesnt last long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Benefit cosmetics. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit cosmetics.   Benefit cosmetics. Empty

Back to top Go down

Benefit cosmetics.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next