The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC

Go down 
+5
abercrombie
witch_lilly
anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought
Kirsty
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
paleogrl

Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 6:29 pm

Kiki wrote:
I'd also quite like sirius and lupin IN THE BOOK! the film does not do them at all like i imagined...

I know, it is so dissapointing! When I saw the two of them in the film I thought, "Wait, these aren't the sexy men I imagined! WTF?!?" That's why my head is much better than the movies, all of the good guys are amazingly hot (including Snape who is younger and delicious).

Yea, I was hoping for a bit more of a fight between Ron and Harry after Ron being in the shadows all this time. Hermoine's explosion was CRAZY though! I was taken aback, but I liked seeing her lose it and explode. I hope they keep that in the 7th movie.
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

Number of posts : 658
Name : Tarren
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 8:06 pm

Wow am I the only one who LOVES the movie Sirus and Lupin???? They were never meant to be strapping men; They've both lived through their best friend dying, Sirius ended up in Azkaban for a crime he never commited, Lupin has had to struggle with his werewolfyness since being a kid... They were always portrayed as being pretty beaten down and haunted looking with an undertone of their once dashing features in the book to me.

So I think Gary Oldman and David Thewlis both have that sort of 'I used to be a sexy but due to lifes unfairness i'm starting to show all the crap i've had to deal with in my looks' thing about them lol.

Back to the book... I was so upset with Hedwig, especially with how before she died she was all pissy with Harry and wasn't being affectionate with him! Soo sad!

And the burial of Dobby Sad Poor little elf!

And Fred, Lupin and Tonks *cries harder*.

I always knew Voldemort would have turned Harry into the 7th Horcrux and therefore end up having to kill him.

Oh oh go NEVILLE! Knew he'd toughen up hehe.

And at the end... I like the thought of Ron confunding a driving instructer lol
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 9:37 pm

I thought the ending was a smidge unsettling, just because the contentment of it all was too expected. As much as I rooted for the Order, I kind of wished Harry ended up as some evil guy. However, we all know that would defeat the purpose of the prophecy (sp?) and the overall moral. Dare to dream, eh?
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 10:35 pm

i wish the epilogue had been left out. i think it was a given that harry & ginny and ron & hermione would stay together if they all survived. it was a bit cheesy to me

teehee, my bf still hasnt finished it, and i'm having fun taunting him by threatening to tell him how it ends.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 5:26 am

The epilogue was just too short and corny. And OMG...Lupin and Sirius were so fucking sexy in my head...James too....

I'm still so disappointed it's over.. i keep yelling at my brother that i want a scale version of Hogwarts built and i want to be a wizard (well, a witch, but that doesn't sound HP enough..)

I reallllllllllly wish she would write another in a way...but then...i sorta don't..it would probably ruin it....I'm just sad...there's never gonna be a HP again! angst!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 6:05 am

i want more harry potter :[
even if she did like short stories or something about stuff...it could be crap but it might fill the hole Razz

i wanna know who headmaster of hogwarts is >.<
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 6:13 am

oh my gooodd i like cried when fred and tonks and lupin and hedwig and and dobby died

and snape

im such a girl

i was like sobbing ..<

the kids names are fkn HILARIOUS man!! ahhaha

hehe
hehehehe
HEHEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHE

I'm done now

but seriously

HEDWIIIIIIIIG *weeps*
Back to top Go down
Wild_Chi

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 9:25 am

xxmissyxx, I think sirius in the movie is quite hot actually, not so much lupin though - I definitly imagined him different.
girlofflowers - I cried when I saw the movie yesterday, when Sirius says to Harry 'after this is over, we can be a proper family' and it's like noooo you're gonna die!
I also cried when Fred & Dobby died.
Back to top Go down
paleogrl

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 1:19 pm

Kiki, Rowling said recently that she is seriously considering making a Harry Potter Encyclopedia with info and stories about the characters. She apparently has always wanted to add more backstories about people but didn't have the room to. Hopefully she will do this, and it could maybe add to that unsatisfying epilogue.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 1:55 pm

wow id buy that.
i was reading wikipedia with lots of stuff...which i knew but its nice having it all there together.
and i adore the books she made for comic relief...i dunno if they were big outside the uk but she made the fantastic beasts and were to find them or whatever its called and quidditch thru the ages.

i love them Very Happy

i think itd be cool if she did short stories on like...fred and george at hogwarts, and james and sirius and stuff...even like...how molly and arthur got together or some stuff Razz I think that'd be cool. Or more about the order BEFORE harry was born, like with his parents.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 7:22 pm

WHAT?! She wrote other books?!?!?!?!?! What the hell, how come I don't know about these?

Where can I find them?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 7:27 pm

i have no idea if they are still available...
they were out for like a couple of pounds here...

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Schoolbooks-Box-Set/dp/043932162X/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-5557002-4485636?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185499512&sr=8-1

bit more expensive than they were >.<

they're awesome because one of them is a library book so has a list of who took it out and the beasts one has grafitti by ron and hermione too Razz
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 8:53 am

I wannnnnnt.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 8:02 am

I really wanna know who the headmaster is too. Thats one of the first things i thought after the epilogue. I would definately get an encyclopedia, but i'd still prefer stories to fill in the gaps between after the battle and the 19 years later. Did harry ever become an auror?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 8:28 am

ugh. she DID leave a lot unanswered.

couldnt have killed her to add an extra chapter. num num. >.<
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 5:57 am

OH EM GEEEE

I was looking forward to going to fao scwartz in NY cos we went to one in florida and it wasnt that great but they had a harry department! with like...school ties and scarves and sorting hats and the monster book and all this cool stuff. i wouldnt leave cos it was like made to look like diagon alley shops Razz
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:22 am

Yeah - they're apparantly adding a "Harry potter world" to Universal studios islands of adventure too. How cool is that!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 7:00 am

yup! ill be 21 but im going! Very Happy

they're making hogsmeade village and hogwarts.

i guess that as they have "universal studios" and "islands of adventure" that "harry potter world" will be the same type of thing...im definately going!

check out the gallery...just art but it would be amazing Razz
http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:05 pm

aww i was so sad that lupin and tonks died Sad
and hedwig!
that bit near the end, when he used the resurrection stone and his parents and sirius and lupin were talking to him, that made me cry sooo much
but the epilogue was complete rubbish, felt really rushed to me
and that theme park thats being built sounds verrry cool, will have to check that out when its done
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:30 pm

i think they should build it in scotland! america has enough!

and hogwarts in america = WRONG!
it should be built where its meant to be!

but noooo universal have to build it there :[
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:33 pm

Yes, well, we unapologetically bastardize other countries' genius, so there's really no telling how screwed up this thing will be beyond that it's, well.. here.

I'm sorry for the bastardization, by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:43 pm

thats so true, never thought about it like that. it should be in the UK
maybe yorkshire, theres lots of space there haha
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:48 pm

yeh its stupid...like that picture of hogsmeade...you know, snow covered. its like tropical in florida!

i just think it'll seem stupid or something you know...its meant to be in the united kingdom so why isnt it?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:54 pm

we should like, build our own or something haha
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 7:29 am

oh ok!
ill go get my legos Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC   Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter End Discussion - SPOILER TOPIC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next