The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Skin being weird

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Skin being weird Empty
PostSubject: Skin being weird   Skin being weird EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 9:19 am

Lately my skin has just looked really shitty. Its like I have littee bumps under the surface. I feel like its making my skin look old and leathery.

Heres my routine...

1. wash with cetaphil
2. use Nurtogena lotion with sunblock in morning, Olay night creme at night
3. use eyecreme day and night
4. occasionally exfoliate wit St Ives apricot

Thats about it, any ideas as to why this is happening? Could like birth control do something like that. Do you think its one of the things I use on my face? Maybe my makeup?

HELP!
Its making me feel not so good about myself
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Skin being weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin being weird   Skin being weird EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 9:37 am

I get the bump things on my forehead. In my case it's spots waiting to happen. They're not red or anything, they're just bumps for ageees and then become spots.
When I exfoliate (same scrub as you use) they appear to smooth out a little but later reappear. Does that happen with yours?
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Skin being weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin being weird   Skin being weird EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:00 am

its either an allergic reaction, or cystic acne. last time I had little bumps, it was the first, thanks to baby oil gel [don't ask why it was on my face]. in my case, my foundation got rid of it - the [good] oil in it helped moisturize my face.

not sure which is the case for you, but I'm pretty sure some makeup products or maybe even the products in your skin care regimen could be the cause of it. it could be birth control, if you've just recently started taking it. check all of the products you use to make sure they haven't expired.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Skin being weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin being weird   Skin being weird EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:22 am

Yeah, I wondered if it could possibly be something expired. I've been on birth control for about 6 months, come to think of it my skin may have looked like this for that long.

Ugggh, as a teenager I always looked forward to the day where I wouldn't have acne anymore, now I still have acne and I'm also getting fine lines. I just can't win.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Skin being weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin being weird   Skin being weird EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:35 am

What birth control are you on? It may be that you just need to find one with a lower or higher dosage to avoid the acne part (I've been on various BCPs and the only time I had skin issues was with the MASSIVE hormones I was put on to put me into a chemically induced menopause).
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Skin being weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin being weird   Skin being weird EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm on Alesse, I think its pretty low dosage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skin being weird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin being weird   Skin being weird Empty

Back to top Go down

Skin being weird
Page 1 of 1