The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

dull skin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 10:25 am

OK so i dunno how to explain it completely but my skin is really...dull

i exfoliate and all that just it still seems to look kinda dull and imo it looks dirty, i don't know if you know what i mean...i'm really pale and i have oily skin so that may be half the problem but i mean to me it always looks kinda greyish confused2

any help or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 10:39 am

Are you drinking enough water and eating enough fruits and veggies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 10:42 am

Lol, I never have really drank much... I just never get that thristy and as for fruits and veggies... as a vegetarian I should eat alot of them so probably not! Are there any vitamins that you can think of that would be worth taking and I'm gathering drinking more water is going to be your advice aswell lol Smile
Back to top Go down

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 10:45 am

why dont you try putting like a cream highlighter on in an apricot/peachy colour that would brighten you up!
Back to top Go down

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 10:47 am

Sarah_Smile wrote:
why dont you try putting like a cream highlighter on in an apricot/peachy colour that would brighten you up!

That's the thing though, when I do that it looks even more notice able Sad
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 10:49 am

I'm trying to find something about it in my esthetician book right now and so far I'm seeing stuff about vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K. I know when I don't drink enough water (which is most of the time) I can really see it on my skin as well, I just try to chug it a few times a day because I hate drinking it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 10:50 am

Lol yeah I hate water, it's worse if i try to chug it cos it just makes me feel sick.... i think i may be water intolerant haha. awesome i shall have a mosey around the vits. section at work at the weekend hehe
Back to top Go down

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:16 am

cant u put squash in your water....?
Back to top Go down

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:24 am

I do but tbh I am very picky about what I eat and drink so I tend not to... I just chug orange juice all the time. (I'm so picky that I had to write my ex's mum a list of foods that I actually eat haha)
Back to top Go down

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:48 am

Not meanin to sound rude, but to me it sounds like you're kind of making excuses for evereything.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 11:56 am

I dunno Sarah, some people are just quite picky with food and drink.
I think the vitamins will really help, and if you're a vegetarian and still don't get enough fruit and veggies, try to eat more of them since you'll be getting more water too! Fresh fruit and veg have lots of water in them.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 12:03 pm

Making excuses, how exactly? You said can you put squash in your water and I said that I do however I tend to drink more fruit juice than anything hence why I don't get enough water, I wasn't making excuses for that and Lindsay agrees with me on the whole water thing so obviously I'm not alone on that. Also the first reply where I said I don't have much water or fruit or vegetables was just a reply to the question Lindsay had asked me, meaning that she could give me more info about what would help me and also me saying highlight makes the problem worse... how is that an excuse, I've tried it, I have like a million highlighters and they don't work for me ? I'm an awkward pain in the arse... everyone will grow to realise that but I never make excuses for things... just happen to be incredibly difficult due to the fact that I am a picky eater etc etc I don't sit here making excuses about everything and writing 'yeah but...' for everything I am just trying to find a solution that I could actually use which is why I asked Lindsay about vitamins because I know I will take them and that would be a convenient solution for me, that's all.
Back to top Go down

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 12:05 pm

Yeah tis true, Soraya, I am reallllly picky believe me, I live off like 3 staple foods:
pasta
jacket potato
chips

(I seem to be somewhat of a carbs girl) I don't know why I am so picky but after a while of eating certain foods even just thinking about them makes me feel ill, I honestly don't mean to be a pain or come across as making excuses!
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 12:28 pm

I'm picky too and people just can't understand when I say I don't like certain things... including water... yuk!!! I tried to drink water a while ago but couldn't swallow it and spat it out... I'm so ladylike lol!!!!

I have made myself drink sugar free squash though as I know I have to get water in me somehow! Fruit juice is not good for your teeth which is why I stopped drinking that so much.

Anyways... yes I'd also say try taking some multi-vits. Although don't just buy the cheapest ones are they are not as good. They made a definite improvement on my skin but just be patient as it usually takes at least a month to notice a real difference.
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 1:01 pm

I'm a total carbs girl too - i live off bread pasta and potatos!

Maybe you should look at using / switching your blush? I look totally dead with some colours and really well with others...?
Back to top Go down

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Yeah my blush is alright atm actually i used to have one that just looks icky but they are good. and i'm glad i'm not the only picky one here and yeah am def going for the multi vits Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dull skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: dull skin   dull skin Empty

Back to top Go down

dull skin
Page 1 of 1