The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SKIN :C

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

SKIN :C Empty
PostSubject: SKIN :C   SKIN :C EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:49 pm

Okay, so I normally have super clear skin, never any major breakouts.
and now I have breakouts on my cheeks and chin! I need major skin care routine advice.
I wash my face every night and moisturizer. I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub in shower once or twice a week. I use an oatmeal soap for washing my face daily.

But what do ya'll do. Sad
I have dryer skin.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
girloflowers

girloflowers

Number of posts : 1510
Name : Lily
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: SKIN :C   SKIN :C EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 5:28 am

have you started eating anything different, or using any new makeup or beauty products?
other than that your skincare routine sounds great, maybe use a spot treatment gel to help with the pimples?
it could also be stress related.
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: SKIN :C   SKIN :C EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:22 am

Yeah I think youre routine sounds pretty good - i wouldnt go dramatically changing it or your skin might go awol if its acting up right now.

Maybe like lil said use a spot treatment, or I would use a mask just over the problem areas - maybe try lush for something more natural. Honey is a great natural anticeptic so look for things with that in rather than tea-tree or witch hazel, like the Brazened Honey mask.
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: SKIN :C   SKIN :C EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:14 am

Yeah, I agree with what's been said above. I'm personally a big fan of Neutrogena's spot treatment stuff. It's worked for me! "Neotrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel" is what it's called. It comes in a little white and orange tube thingy. Also I think Clean & Clear has a good spot treatment thingy, too. But I remember trying theirs and not liking the smell of it. Maybe that's just me though.

Also.. what about trying some of Biore's products? I've heard good things about those. Or what about trying some kind of mask or something in the irritated areas. I know I've tried those once or twice and they've actually helped a lot..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: SKIN :C   SKIN :C EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks guys!

I'm scared of the spot gels, but I'll take a look at them, and find some masks.
I would totally buy into Lush too, but I have no money.
I love Biore, and I should probably get some more of those nose strip things, cuz I have wicked bad blackheads on my nose :C
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: SKIN :C   SKIN :C EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:23 am

You have to be careful with skin routines and keeping them the same forever sometimes. Your skin can change over the years, and with things like break outs, they can actually basically become immune to whatever you are using. Maybe try a new soap and see if that changes anything, avoid using masks and topical creams if you can since you said you have dry skin. Those kinds of products will make your skin a lot dryer even though they do clear up any kind of acne problems, and can then cause your skin to break out more since the extra dryness makes your pores produce more oil to compensate. More oil=more acne.

This could just be a fluke thing though, are you stressed? Hormones? See if it clears up and if it doesn't then try switching soap or something.

Make sure to keep your skin extra moisturized though if you do decide to try a topical treatment. And random, but vitamin A, E, and fishoil supplements help with reducing skin redness. Don't take too much vitamin A though because that will also make your skin really dry.

And if all else fails...dermatologist!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKIN :C   SKIN :C Empty

Back to top Go down

SKIN :C
Page 1 of 1