The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Makeup Brand?

Go down 
+3
Gloomyjewel
NightmaresOnWax
PolyphonicThought
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Makeup Brand? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 11:16 am

ahhh yay! that H2O mascara surprised me when I first used it - and Ive used a hell of a lot of mascara - so I know you'll love it!

and YAY milaniiii! =D

Kiki wrote:
should i be getting some wet and wild when im in america?
Razz
whats good from it?
go on puffy...you know you wanna review and recommend stuff Razz
(i love you for it!)

oo rawwwr. and you know I cant help it, hahahah Razz

but you SHOULD!!!
you should def pick up all the creme eyeshadows, but you have to have a hand for stuff like that. they last a good while and so do the eyeshadows, they have a lot of quads and things you'd LOVE...and for a cheap brand, the mascara is fab. though I wouldnt pick up their glosses, I tried one by prestige that I loved to bits.

...ah, I should review that gloss! >.>

*ahem* anyways.

for lipglosses [this also goes to karema ^.^] try some CG stuff like wetslicks. I loved my wetslicks, but it always seemed too light. my mum even has her own now, and she loves it.

oh, and neutrogena has balms and glosses that are to diiiiiie for. long lasting, moisturizing, and fuckin tasty. Ive never had a gloss moisturize, and thats what it did!

buttt wet n wild also have some decent blushes, they look quite frightening in the pot [theyve even got stick blush!], but if you find the pinkest one you'll be set. I wouldnt touch their foundations though, or maybellines [MB doesnt even have my shade!], so CG is the way to go, because they have a large range of light shades.

hm, thats all I can think of.. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 11:20 am

When choosing blush, is there a certain way to match it with other make up I am wearing? I duno, any standards in choosing blush?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 11:30 am

sometimes! but when I wear blush, I wear only enough so its barely there, and top it off with a tad more powder. I have pink/golden brown undertones, so I can wear pink blush! peachy tones also look good on most people, so when Im bored with pink, I switch to a peachy shade. wet n wild is a cheap way to start out. in fact, you can find some good ones by CG.

http://covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=cheekers_blush

classic pink, third on the top row,
and plum berry glow 2nd on the 2nd row!

http://covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=instant_cheekbones_contouring_blush

refined rose,
and peach perfection, the peachy shade I mentioned earlier!

http://covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=trublend_blush_with_minerals

pure romance!

those shades really work for anyone - thats the kinda stuff you should look for! =D
Back to top Go down
FireIce_

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 2:33 pm

I absolutely despise wet'n'wild eyepencils and liners! They hate my eyes! Is it because i'm asian? Jeez.

I'd suggest a very good mascara (Maybelline makes good ones), a killer e/l (Revlon waterproof ones stay on forever!) just thinly line your eyes, powder (Revlon), blush (CG), blotting sheets (Victoria's Secret), and any lipgloss!

You can buy really cheap makeup at local drugstores and Wal-Mart, walgreen's. Places like that.

Blush for e/s--looks really balanced and fresh. Stick with blush that looks good on your skin tone--it's a test and try trial with blush.

Liquid eyeliners are really hard to master-so unless you have an incredibley steady hand and can find a cheap ass one that works--stay away from them!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 3:05 pm

hm, for blotting sheets, try Clean and Clear's - or even Hot Topic's or a Walgreens/Wal Mart/CVS knock off - they all work really well, and wont smudge makeup! and they may be cheaper than Victoria's Secret [although the VS ones are much sexier Razz]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 3:16 pm

did anyone mention rimmel yet...cheap...yet amazing!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 3:43 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:
did anyone mention rimmel yet...cheap...yet amazing!!!
Agreed - and at Walmart! ;D
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 3:47 pm

I've never found anything Rimmel that I liked. The eyeliner is ok but that was all I've had any sort of luck with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 3:51 pm

really?...i like a lot of their stuff...I buy it for my lil' siter because it's inexpensive but still decent quality

when she was younger though i buy her the bonnebell, Love My(_____)stuff, and NYC
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 4:06 pm

i <3 my h&m eyeliner & mascara.

and i have a couple of really cute shadows too.

but really...h&m eyeliner...its liquid but the brush is hard and not flimsy like some ive used...I'm not just saying this cos it's h&m...i really do love this liner!
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 4:43 pm

rimmel never shows up on me - it prolly would with primer, but it was always disappointing. :[[
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 7:11 pm

I've tried lots of bases and rimmel eyeshadow just never shows up on me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 7:21 pm

Yeah, same for me, I've tried a few bases, but.. nope. I have this blue-ish/ aqua-ish eyeshadow from them.. and it doesn't work for anything. I'll get it to show up just how I want it, but.. five min. later, and it's all faded.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 11:51 pm

same. I have this green trio and it just fades and smudges away..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Brand?   Makeup Brand? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Makeup Brand?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2