The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark to light? HHEELLPP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Dark to light? HHEELLPP Empty
PostSubject: Dark to light? HHEELLPP   Dark to light? HHEELLPP EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:31 am

SOO i have relatively dark hair, Dyed it black quite a while ago so it has faided to some really dark brown? I want to know how i can get up to a much lighter brown? Kinda mousey brown?

I love you
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Dark to light? HHEELLPP   Dark to light? HHEELLPP EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:01 pm

if you just wanna fade it, wash your hair with a strong shampoo like Head and Shoulders. or wash it in baking soda mixed with dish liquid (Sunlight works good!).

if you wanna dye it, bleach the black out, use hair treatments and dye it over with a light brown. that should work, but it might be kinda brassy, so use just a tone balancing shampoo for a little while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar

PostSubject: Re: Dark to light? HHEELLPP   Dark to light? HHEELLPP EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:12 pm

^^^ what she said, the only way to get your hair lighter from black is to bleach it out. boots do a good 'b blonde' bleach i think its called, strip you hair right back and then dye over with a brown .
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Dark to light? HHEELLPP   Dark to light? HHEELLPP EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

First off, wash your hair with a stripping sham[poo for a few weeks, and use lots of strengthening and moisterising treatmentss on it. Good shampoos for stripping are things like Head and Shoulders like alexa said, washing-up liquid, and a favourite of mine is baby shampoo - that no-tears formula strips colour out without stripping it of moisture too.

Once you've been doing this for a few weeks, it'll probably have faded as much as it will without using chemicals - and hopefullly, with regular intensive treatments it'll be in better condition too. If it's still not the colour you would like it to be, then you will have to use something stronger.

I personally can't say i trust home bleaches - you don't know how strong they are, so they could really damage your hair, so your best bet, i would say, ifs to go to a salon. If you're worried about the cost, ask in your local salons about Training Days or Evenings - these are much cheaper, and whilst the girl doing your hair won't be a pro yet, she will be supervised by one of the top stylists, so it's actually like they're doing your hair.

You have two ways to go about this, you could either gradually get more and more highlights, to gradually lighten your hair, and get semi permanent colours put over to tone down the lightened parts (the chances are, where your hair was black, it'll lighten to orange, and where you have regrowth it'll lighten to blonde, so youll need something put on to even that out). If highlights aren't what your after, asl about having a bleach bath - this will involve using a stripping shampoo with bleach in it to gently strip some colour out, usually out of the ends, leaving you with a lighter base to put another colour onto.

Generally I'd recomment highlights - it's a bit gentler on your hair. But the best thing to do is go to your local haur salon, ask about it, and they'll probably take a strand test, so you can see how well your hair will lighten up, as everyone's hair is different - yours might be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Dark to light? HHEELLPP   Dark to light? HHEELLPP EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Color stripping malibus can lighten your hair up. you can buy them for like $1.75.
and I agree with Hana, gradual highlights, and then having them deposit on the level of color. Level 7 is a mousy brown, but looks awful unless paired up with some highlights imo.

also you can achieve 4 levels of lift with 40volume, so you can pair up the color brown you want with 40 volume.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark to light? HHEELLPP   Dark to light? HHEELLPP Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark to light? HHEELLPP
Page 1 of 1