The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Foundation Advice?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Foundation Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Foundation Advice?   Foundation Advice? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:14 am

At the moment i am using L'Oreal True Match foundation in C1 Rose Ivory. It is the only foundation up unitl now i have managed to find that has covered everything i want to cover AND keep my skin moisturised.
Buttt i fancy a change.
I have horrrrrrible dry skin, and most foundations i have tried ended up looking a nasty and flakey.
I need it to last me as long as possible.. and preferably not be toooo pricey.

Helppp is much appreciated x.x.x

I love you
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Foundation Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation Advice?   Foundation Advice? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:20 am

Have you tried Revlon Colorstay? It's a favourite amongst many. I use it and I have dry skin.
I either apply it with a regular foundation brush and a sponge, or I use a brush to stipple it on and buff it in (I don't have a stippling brush I just use a dense powder brush I had Razz)

It can still look drying though so it's not perfect. You know, like if you have one super dry patch, it will show it more. I do my foundation looking righttt up close to the mirror though so the rare very dry patches I get probably aren't noticeable to other people.

It's lasted me ages. I use it almost every day now cus I have spotty skin on my cheeks now, well marks from spots as my spots go away quickly but leave marks. I barely ever do my whole face though, just where I need it. But I would say even if you did full face every day it would last ages.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

Foundation Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation Advice?   Foundation Advice? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:09 pm

^^^ it sounds good.

one of the girls on here pointed me in the direction of powder mineral foundation and i got a cheapish one from boots to try it, collection 2000 i think it was. anyway i lurrrve it and because its not as oily as my previous foundation my skin has really cleared up too, even my bf noticed when i wasnt wearing makeup one day! hooray! lol
Back to top Go down
Staceball

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Foundation Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation Advice?   Foundation Advice? EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:20 am

Last edited by Staceball on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Foundation Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation Advice?   Foundation Advice? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:24 am

If you're liking your current foundation, why not invest in a good primer? These can help improve the look of your current foundation and keep them on for ages. GOSH does a great one which, whilst at £13 it's more than most highstreet shops, it's really nice and can make your foundation feel like a new one!

Another good one i have used is 17's Hide and Chic - it didn't seem drying but then i use a tonne of moisteriser AND a primer, so it's upto you what you use and how you use it. I have also found that since i switched to using a foundation brush to apply my foundation it's last much longer and given better coverage!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Foundation Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation Advice?   Foundation Advice? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:08 am

I LOVE Revlon Colourstay. It's the closest I've found to looking both quite natural and not making me look all scary and flaky (I have very dry skin, especially around my nose/cheeks).

Like Sor said, it will still show really dry patches... But it's pretty good!

Also seconding Toons' primer suggestion! They can help a bunch 8D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foundation Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foundation Advice?   Foundation Advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Foundation Advice?
Page 1 of 1