The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting a tat, any advice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Getting a tat, any advice? Empty
PostSubject: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 4:02 am

Alright guys, or absence thereof, here's the word. I haven't been posting in ages but that's probably because I don't have much to do with makeup, fashion or menstruation. However, I did decide some time in the distant past to get a tat and now I've got money in fist to have it done. I can't think of anywhere better to stir some information about body mod, so here's my spin.

I've wanted to get a dead tree across my back for some two years now. It's the tree of knowledge from which adam and eve ate - the fruit gave them awareness of good and evil. If the tree dies, my interpretation is that set morality ceases. I don't believe in right/wrong.
The crows were a late addition. It's not meant to be a deathly thing, it's more about karma. I believe the crows keep the balance by consuming the dead that are to be reincarnated. If they leave your body alone, you've nothing further in this world.

So here's the design
Getting a tat, any advice? Crowtree2
comments encouraged.

Now comes the question. I definitely want it done in one tone, sort of like a silhouette. I'm tossing up between plain black or a darker skin tone. I'm not sure if they can do tats to make your skin look a few shades darker but that's why I'm asking here.

Getting a tat, any advice? Myback

Getting a tat, any advice? Mybacksmall

Throw a few words out here and help me decide? General advice would be great too.
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 9:30 am

I have no idea about tattoo's but i LOVE that design. It's gorgous, sort of eerie and the meaning behind it is so interesting.
My only crit would be that it's sort of heavy on the right hand side, the lower branch, but that could look different on your body.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptySat Dec 01, 2007 10:18 am

Gorgeous, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the asymmetrical quality. Smile And I ADORE the crows. I love crows---they are messengers of Hekate, my Matron Goddess.

Anyhow, onto the question at hand: I would get it done in black and gray. A good black and gray artist would ROCK this, totally! I think it would look beautiful, and age more gracefully than something in a dark skin tone. Make sure to check out artist's portfolios before getting it done, because some tattoo "artists" suck at black and gray work.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 2:23 am

I've just found myself in a job so I can think about getting this booked at InnerVision fairly soon. I mocked a version in black and grey like you said and it looks a treat. I might ask the artist to do up a design in black/tan though, I saw one in her portfolio where the 'grey' parts were a tan colour and it gave it a real parchment feel to the shading. I've always felt my skin is too light to suit blacks and greys alone.

I'll post it when I'm done, wouldn't expect that to be for a few months though.
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

Number of posts : 658
Name : Tarren
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 2:21 pm

Whoa you go to Inner Vision... In Sydney???

That's where I got my first done and i'm getting the first session on my second one done there next Wednesday wooooop woooop!

Also, cool idea, I think black and grey would look nice.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 4:17 pm

Oooo the parchmenty idea sounds cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 5:05 pm

First one.
Exactly how it is.
That colour and that size.
It's absolutely perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 8:52 pm

Who'd you get to do yours Tarren? Tong has a good black/grey portfolio but I love the ethics Megan has about what tats represent - 'a mediation on impermanence'. Who can you recommend?
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

Number of posts : 658
Name : Tarren
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 11:49 pm

I got done by Rhys and he'll be doing my next one also, but I love and have heard great things of Megan's work. I trust all the artists there and like all their work though.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? EmptySun Dec 16, 2007 4:08 pm

Getting a tat, any advice? 5797f2b8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a tat, any advice?   Getting a tat, any advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting a tat, any advice?
Page 1 of 1