The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

advice on ben nye.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 10:54 pm

doing the stage makeup for the school play, and Ive never used nye, and the most Ive heard was amanda [poetic] saying how it broke out the actors kinda bad when she used it in a play.

got tips/info on ben nye products? Im asking moreland [drama teach] if I can borrow the kit and use it on some girls so I know what Im working with, but still, you know.

help appreciated.
Back to top Go down

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:09 pm

I'm going to a meeting for this on wednesday!
I not much help.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Tips...? Is it a grease product, or just straight bases?

Grease paint is pretty much always going to break someone out if they're wearing it for any long period of time. My best advice is to POWDER THE FUCK out of it so you don't get little pools of it forming all over the place, play special attention to the hairline and T-Zone. You should actually press the powder in with a sponge, instead of just dusting it, as well. If you have a primer, definitely use it.

Haven't used the bases, so I can't really comment on 'em.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Well, I know that much. I do all of that with my normal makeup [;-;]. I just mean as of eyeshadows and things.

basically, I want to know if anyone has had difficulty [or good experiences] with any BN products - a review, if you will.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Okay, I didn't mean to offend you if I did, but you didn't specify what you wanted advice on, so I gave you what I thought you wanted, since you said it was a stage production. *shrug*

As for eyeshadows, the stuff I've used (pressed powder) is really pigmented, blends well with pretty much everything, doesn't crease particularly easy... Just like any prof. brand shadow. They went on nicely and weren't too powdery. The only pressed powder ones I had trouble with were the black ones with different coloured glitter in it, they were pretty blah, didn't pack a lot of punch.

The loose powders are just as good as any other kind. There's nothing really amazing or terrible about them, just use them like you would your own, I guess.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:48 pm

oh no, not offended at all. did I come off as cranky?

and hm, thanks for the heads up on the black, I'll be sure to bring my own. :]
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Oh, it's all good, I thought I might have come off pompous and you reacted to it. Eh!

Yeah, everything else is really nice and smoooth. The cream shadows I've had the chance to use are nice, too.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:29 pm

haha, I prolly did. I've been in quite a iffish mood since I've arrived home due to my crappy phone, not having funds, and...not eating. bad mood swings for Puff.

ohh and that's great to hear. I have to post the looks I plan on doing, I sketched everything today on lined paper. Razz

ah, have you had any creasing with the shadows? I wanted to layer a lot, but you know. Razz
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 5:07 pm

The only one that creased for me (they weren't on for a very long time though, like half an hour at the most) was the cream one, and that was (probably, I'm not 100% sure) because I powdered the eye area first and then decided to play with them, just for kicks.

The pressed shadows layered well (they were all frosty bright colours, with the exception of one matte navy), but some of the loose ones got a bit muddy.

hth Very Happy It will be sweet to see your ideas!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 5:20 pm

oo, I think I'll be having fun with the cremes and pressed. if the pressed layer really well they should last great under a decent base. I may ask moreland if she'd be so inclined to donate some, er, funds [hellooo face primer and UDPP] to help the makeup last longer. oh yes.

and the brighter, the better. the play is based all around this 80s prom, so I get to have LOTS of fun. she needed three main looks - one for a "trailor trash" girl [my Hannanana!], one for a preppy snooty girl, and one for a wannabe. they're all really fun, I just have to decide on colours now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

advice on ben nye. Empty
PostSubject: Re: advice on ben nye.   advice on ben nye. Empty

Back to top Go down

advice on ben nye.
Page 1 of 1