The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Foundations for pale people!

Go down 
+2
TOONRULESOK
girloflowers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
girloflowers

girloflowers

Number of posts : 1510
Name : Lily
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Foundations for pale people! Empty
PostSubject: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:55 pm

I thought i'd share my foundation collection with you guys.
stupid me forgot to swatch my MAC nc15 studio sculpt but i'll probably eventually do full faces for each of them and rest assured the sculpt is amazingballs.
Foundations for pale people! Foundation-swatches
Inglot cream concealer:
I bought this in number 37, white, because being as pale as i am it's kinda hard to find a shade that -actually matches-, and having this to mix with the darker ones is great. It's creamy and has medium coverage, and makes a really good eyeshadow base as a bonus! However if you do get this as a concealer and not just to mix/highlight/use as a base, i find that it kinda settles into lines a bit- having not tried an actual coloured one i can't say if those are any good. Packaging is pretty decent, it comes in a little squeezy tube which is clear with a black lid, and contains 10ML or 0.33US FL OZ. It cost me about $20 with a 20% industry discount.

Diorskin Nude 010 (spf 10)
ok I know the swatch is looking really orange, but this actually looks pretty good on my face. It IS a little dark, but i love it so much that I don't mind. It provides a medium coverage and gives me a really sexy glow, I also sometimes use it as an undereye concealer if I don't want to use much makeup. The SPF is a bonus but for me to really love the spf it's gotta be spf 30 or higher. Packaging is a glass bottle with a silver pump and a silver lid. A little goes a long way too which is nice, my only gripe with the foundation is it is SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS WHAT THE *censored*? and also yeah it's a little dark. Oh! It also smells quite nice. Heh. ($75AUD for 30ml/1 FL.OZ)

Clinique Repairwear SPF15 #86 Pure Porcelain.
I love this stuff Smile Great colour, awesome full coverage without looking like I'm wearing icing, spf 15, moisturising and it fights aging. Not that I need to worry about aging yet, but you know, its a bonus! It's quite creamy, but spreads a long way and i don't find it streaky. I found I could wear it with or without a powder and it looks good allatime. Not quite a matte finish... not quite dewy, just very natural. A little expensive though- $65 for 30ML/1 FL.OZ. This would be awful awful awful for oily skin just don't go there. Dry skin or combination skinned girls that are more dry would like it though.

Make Up Store Liquid Foundation in Milk.
No SPF booo. However it's got all speshul vitamins in it, which is pretty cool. It's a sheer to medium coverage, and it's waterbased but i didn't find it drying or anything. I'd say most skin types could use this easily. The finish is again very natural, maybe a little more on the matte side. The colour is pretty good, I think if it were heavier I'd find it a little dark. unfortunately I can't remember how much this is but i thin it's around the same price as mac foundations which are $52. It actually kind of smells like milk.(not off milk, normal milk) 30ML/1 FL.OZ

Cinema Secrets cream foundation in 501
OMG OMG OMG OMG I love this stuff more than i love any other makeup item in the whole world EVERRRRRRR.
No spf but who cares? best colour I've ever used, FULL coverage but doesn't look cakey at all, ever, cheap as chips, doubles as a concealer and an eyeshadow primer.... if i could marry this foundation i for shizzle would. I'm not even kidding. I love it so much. A tiny bit goes on forever and ever, and it's a cream in a little pot. I apply with a brush and then blend with a sponge, or if i want really really full coverage i apply only with a sponge. about $20 for 15 grams/.5OZ

Clinique Skin Smoother 01 Smooth Alabaster.
This stuff is alright. It feels great on the skin and the coverage is medium. The colour is a bit icky on me though. Very matte finish, kind of old fashioned looking even. It's for minimizing pores but since I don't have a problem with them I don't know if it works Sad
No spf either... $48 for 30ML

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:27 pm

you forgot the review the pink xbox controller...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:29 pm

it doesn't need reviewing, its just full of 100% awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks Lil Very Happy

Totally gonna try Repairwear one day :3
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:13 pm

OOOH I seriously need to get my hands on some cinema screts foundation, everyone raves about it!!

I bought MUFE's Mat Velvet in the lightest shade, which is 15 (Alabaster) about 2-3 months ago and it is fabulous, I've got oily skin so the finish is really great. It's got medium to full coverage too which is great for me becaus I've got a few spots and large pores. I don't like applying this particular foundation with a typical foudation brush because I found it a bit steaky, it's very liquid-y, but it looks great with a foundation sponge or even with a skunk brush.
I've heard a lot of people say it changes color thoughout the day but I have never had that problem, and I put it on at 7:00 am and take it off at like 11:00 p.m.!
It does look a bit pink for me in natural light, but it looks fine in any other lighting so that' fine with me. I don't go outside much anyway unless it's for shopping! This is my closest match so far, but I have yet to try the CS one!!
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:12 pm

oooh Smile i wish we had MUFE here Sad
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:24 pm

yikes that sucks!
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:25 pm

we can get it, but only in like... 2 stores in the entire country Razz
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:29 pm

whhaaaat!!
well ya theres only this one store in montreal that carries cinema secrets and its like a weird studio type place and is only open weekdays from like 9 - 4, which is when I'm at school! waaaaahhhh
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:33 pm

yeah the ones that sell it here are makeup schools ahaha
my makeup school is going to start carrying it soon though!! AAAAGH!!! Very Happy:D:DD: no more shitty mac face and body!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:47 pm

LMAO THATS AWESOME
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:49 am

The Cinema Secrets foundation- which 501 is it? 501-11? It's all so complicated! x
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:05 pm

ohh i don't know Sad its pink based if that helps but the number has rubbed off
Back to top Go down
Larkin35

Number of posts : 3
Name : ter real
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:36 am

I used to use the Bare Minerals one, but it’s expensive and hard to track down (in my city), plus it takes a lot of messing around to apply and get a good finish, although the end result is usually good. I did some internet research into heavier coverage foundations as I don’t have good skin, and Revlon Colorstay was frequently mentioned, so that’s what I’m using now (with their pressed powder) and the lightest colour is a pretty good match for me, plus I LOVE that there’s a version for oily skin (which doesn’t feel too drying).
I’m interested to see how their Photo Finish measures up in comparison — have you tried that.....
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi Larkin15, I haven't tried the Revlon one though I've heard it's amazing! I'm still using MUFE, I think it's my HG makeup. The only reason I'm hesitant about trying the Revlon one is because I'm worried it'll clog my pores or break me out. My skin is very acne-prone and I take very good care of it but it's still sensitive to "cheap" products.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:43 pm

So late on this (and I haven't been on for years) but Revlon PhotoReady is amazing! It's not 'glittery' like reviews keep saying, it gives you a healthy glow, and on my dry, sensitive, spotprone skin it never breaks me out! I have very pale skin and I'm currently using shade 004, and there's at least 2 shades lighter, so the shade range is good. It also works really well with powder (I use mac studio fix powder) if you want a more flawless, matte finish. Can't rate it enough!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:11 pm

^Totally agree! I use their palest shade, and it works wonderfully!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:13 pm

I just bought a Givenchy compact foundation and it's lovelyyyyyy

It looks like this
Givenchy face makeup
Givenchy - Prisme Foundation (Shaping Powder Makeup) in Shaping Rose

It was expensive but I'm really desperate for a match and this is perfect!! Better than MUFE
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:30 pm

ooooooooooh fancy O.O
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:01 pm

oh wow, yeah lily said it! FAAANCY!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:15 pm

fancy as fuck! and since it has those little squares its perfect for contouring and highlighting too
I'm so in love

*rich bitch*
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm

swatches? *puppy eyes*
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:22 pm

My webcam suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I don't have a camera :'(
otherwise heck yes I'd love to show this puppy off

and I dropped my cell phone in the bath so I don't even have that Sad
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:40 pm

nooooooooo. I can always go to the shops when i go to sydney and see if they've got it to play with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foundations for pale people!   Foundations for pale people! Empty

Back to top Go down

Foundations for pale people!
Page 1 of 1