The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

urban decay

Go down 
+9
kaylalane
Gloomyjewel
gill
pinkhaired
GinaELIZABETH
Jayme
witch_lilly
PolyphonicThought
Kirsty
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 1:35 pm

did we have any reviews on this?

ive got the eyeshadow box and the 24/7 eyeliner travel set.

does anyone have an reviews on the big fatty mascara or the lip plumper?
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 1:49 pm

nah, I don't think we had any UD topics. I'd have been alll over it...
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:23 pm

I have UD's big fatty mascara and I really really like it. It's got a good big bushy brush which I love (don't start me on plastic mascara wands) The only thing I don't like is it does tend to "gloop" a bit. Not clump....but gloop. You'll know what I mean if you get it lol. I've tried Benefits Bad Gal mascara too and I like U'D better.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
PolyphonicThought

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:30 pm

I'm glad the mascara worked for you, Ruth. generally it doesnt work well for many people, same for bad gal...but if you're looking for a volumizing mascara, go for loreal voluminous. if you want thick lashes that look natural, try maybelline's full n soft. both are cheap choices that have been really popular for a few years.

havent tried the lip plumper, but I havent heard much about it. you would probably like sexy motherpucker or duwop's lip venom. none of those "burn" my mouth - in fact, motherpucker feels like (in the words of my friend Court) "a kitten purring on your lips!" its really thick, though, so layer on the balm before applying. duwop, however, is really thin and slippery, so you don't have to apply anything underneath it.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:57 pm

I have the Urban Decay deluxe box set.
It's pretty wonderful, although I do enjoy some colors more than others.
urban decay P194718_hero
Fishnet: I don't really use this shade to often, it's not very pigmented, compared to rest of the set. Just a sheer wash of a purpley/pink shade. Kind of reminds me of MAC's Stars'n Rockets, although Ive never tried it.
Honey: I use this frequently. Very creamy, with great pigmentation. Its a goldy-yellow shade, and looks great paired with Shag, zero, or graffiti. I have a Loreal HIP duo (Flamboyant? idk comes with yellow and purple.) The HIP one is more yellow, but both are very nice.
Ransom: Another color I tend not to use, its a blue-purple shade, just kind of confusing to me. When I wore it (once?) I wore it with peace.
Graffiti: Pretty, pretty green! Its not dramatically pigmented, but layering it enhances it.
Zero: Mmm... Its not that zero is bad, I just tend to stay away from blacks, and it's rather chunky with glitter. Reminds me of MACs black tied.
Peace: I'm so scared of this shade... Bright bright very very pigmented light blue. Its so soft, and so bright I feel like a cheap hooker when I wear it, or that it's all over my face.
Shag: The next three shades I wear all the time. Shag is a warm brown, soft and build able, very nice for neutral looks.
Scratch: Champagne/ Soft pink color, I love this shade. I'm about to hit the bottom of the pan. Looks great paired with underground.
Underground: A more cool brown, I prefer this shade of Shag, just because it's more muted, and less obvious, but still a great color.

The palette is about $40, and the shadows are about the size of penny? Not terribly small, really its a great buy, the shadows are awesome. Plus it came with a "trial" size UDPP, and well, like we all know, once you cut that bad boy up, its going to last for a good long while.
~
On another note, I swatched the newest palette (the book of shadows?) and let me just say it is AWESOME. Go buy it nowww!!
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
PolyphonicThought

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Jay, I bet you could make Peace work...try layering it with Fishnet, with Ransom on the outer corner going into your crease.

If Fishnet is still acting wonky for you, try using a creamy purple base...I use eyesmudge, but UD brought back their creme eyeshadows and I'm pretty sure that they have a purple shade you can try... *looks*
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:30 pm

thats the pallette i have and i love it but im never sure what to do with it so send me your tutorials in the topic i made ages ago!
i agree with jayme's review tho - i wear the bottom three the most, i usually put on the goldy eyeliner and then one of these over the top - keeping in mind what you guys told me when i posted before.

i love the 24/7 eyeliners. i got the travel set and have used them a couple of times and havent even made a dent. i know you're supposed to chuck stuff out after a while but...im ok with it. i use the black one a lot and its been a year at christmas since i started using it and its still got a bit left so im thinking the £9 for this full sized one is well worth it.

so i kinda posted this after i bought them...i dont use makeup much and my favourite eyeliner is a £2.99 liquid one...so i dont spend a lot of money on it.
hopefully itll be nice to stop using trial/handbag sized mascaras and have a nice normal one - or one that didnt cost under a fiver.

im kind of excited about the lip plumper. i bought a rimmel london red lip gloss with it in and i wasnt sure about the red colour but the plumping was fun. ive actually been experimenting with red lips..
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:18 pm

I love love love the newer Cream-to-powder shadows that UD made. I have one of the natural ones, just very shimmery and tan and pretty. I love it. Especially just as a quick base. With a lighter shade in the inner corners and a darker shade in the crease/outer corners. It's an easy way for a very simple but pretty, shimmery look. I strongly advise it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:40 pm

I've had the lip plumper. It burned for a few minutes, but went away fast and I was left with plumper lips, but not super fake looking if you know what I mean. I bet most people wouldn't even get the burning as I have super sensitive lips and skin (curse you lips!) Anyway, I used the whole tube, which is something I have never ever done, usually my lip stuff goes bad before I've even used half of it!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:43 pm

Keeks you never have to chuck eye pencils. When you sharpen them, you're sharpening away the germs as well - its as if its brand new again. Its only liquid liners and mascaras that you have to throw out daily, usually after 3-4 months you've opened them.

I love the 24/7 liner in Zero too. Its the only one that'll stay on my waterline, and it goes on smoother than any other liner I've used...it stays true to colour, too.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 7:59 pm

well phew! i think i kinda figured that but im definitely bad for it was mascara confused2

and yeh it stays on my waterline too! i love it. tho i always forget to take off my makeup and it ends up ALL OVER MA FACE.

or i do it drunk and not properly and it ends up smudged all over my face too Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 9:30 pm

yes its always hard to let go of mascara! Its officially time for me to get rid of at least ONE of my mascaras....my voluminous one. I've been alternating between 3 of them, but the other two only have 2 or 3 more weeks of usage to them!

only one other liner besides 24/7 can stand up to my oily lids, and that's the HIP liner...it's almost the same price as a fluidline, but since you get more product that a fluidline, its well worth the money.

I also want the 24/7 in Graffiti...

Oh yeh. You girls would <3 their mattifying powder, if you tend to get oily during the day...I have a review if you want to see it!
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 am

I'm not really a fan of big fatty mascara..using it just now cause the brush looks similar to benefits bad gal which i love..but like ruth says, its a bit gloopy..i much prefer Benefits.

The lip plumper I have but I gave to my flat mate cause I hate lip plumping glosses..they all burn me and don't do a damned bit of difference..

But I have no complaints about their primer potion or eye shadows =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
PolyphonicThought

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:25 am

I'm so glad you mentioned the primers...besides eyesmudge and that WnW creme shadow (RIP), they're the only thing that'll stay on my lids without me applying an annoyingly thick layer of it. I've used the original and right now I'm using Sin...which is especially pretty on white girls (makes your eyes look all glowy!).
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:34 am

MY LIPS FEEL WEEEEEEIRD!

but theyre totally a really pretty reddy pink.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Ooh I want UDPP Sin
sooo bad!
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am

I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere..

urban decay 2215004

Does anyone have it!?! I think the colours look AMAZING
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Woah, the packaging's hella cute. The colors are awesome too. Though I'm sure I have a few of those already. Expensive?
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:00 pm

You probably do Kayla, they're all perm shadows just with new names.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:44 am

^^ It's $52 on Sephora's website (£28 at Debenhams)

Yeah, like Ava said they're not new colours, they've just been given cute Alice themed names Smile There are usually one or two colours in the Book of Shadows I don't like, but I like all of these Very Happy *pesters mum to get me it*
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
abercrombie

abercrombie

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:00 am

haha im doing the same sor!! but its my birthday coming up in a few weeks and apparently 'i have enough' - i think i'll have to venture to debenhams today or tomorrow... hopefully they'll have one left. its so purdy!
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Sorry double post, but Sor, if you're really after one of these then you'll have to move fast!!
I've been on the phone with Debenhams because I went to try and buy one today and it was completely sold out (!!). The lady on the phone says that she'll probably have to try and pull one from a store back to their warehouse and reship if i want one... eek!! I've got to phone back in an hour to see which stores have any stock left... dramarama!

Have you seen the prices they're going for on eBay? crazzzy!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 pm

shame that they're going for such insane prices...none of the shadows are new shades, they're all just from the regular line, just with different Alice-y names! x___x

also, has anyone else tried UDPP Eden? I like it waaaay more than Sin, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:54 pm

guys
has anyone tried the UD transformation potion?
i bought it because while i dont really wear eyeshadow, i do wear eyeliner so it seemed pretty good but either
1. its shit
or
2. im not using it properly because i cannot get it to work/do what it says it does?

ive read mixed reviews online but i dont knooooow!

on another note, i bought their lipstick in gash and absolutely love it. it smells AMAZING - creme caramel. It didn't stay as well as my other stuff but it's still awesome.

and i got their eyeliner but i love that as well. its a good brush and stays well. yey.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:44 pm

I bought the Complexion Primer Potion (Pore Perfecting) while I was in Paris and it's the best thing ever. Makes my skin super matte and really reduces the look of my pores when I put my foundation on. It doesn't slide off or make me break out at all, it's really silky and wonderful, makes my foundation really last as well.

Keeks, I haven't tried the UD one but I've got one by another brand.. what's your main concern with yours? I love mine to bits!

Last edited by ninibaby on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

urban decay Empty
PostSubject: Re: urban decay   urban decay Empty

Back to top Go down

urban decay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next