The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?

Go down 
+3
shadowsforsale
Le_Saboteur
PolyphonicThought
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? Empty
PostSubject: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 10:24 pm

Then this should help:

Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? Picture+1

EDIT:: if you can't see it, then right click and click "view pic".
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 12:23 am

Just remember it's possible to be tanned or Olive skinned with a cool undertone as well.

Skin is tricky. Yay for being largely neutral (the red cheeks throw most people off).
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 12:30 am

Yeah, I know. I was wondering why they didn't cover people in the middle - I've got a warm medium deep tone. I'm in that awkward spot, which can be hard to match [it took me 2 years to FINALLY find foundation to match me]. They hit the nail on the head for the most part, though.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:03 am

Except for me. I should write to them and ask for a 'Cool dead' tone. I'd probably ask for foundation recommendations at the same time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 am

Oh, yeah, I knew you would know Razz I meant any one who is not sure of their skin tone might be a bit confused as neutral and odder tones aren't covered there. It's a good chart for someone starting out.

It took me a long time as well. The only way I perfectly match is by custom blending. Most of the time I just go with a neutral-cool foundation to save hassle.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:10 am

Ah yeah, true that. I'm lucky to find exact matches, which is VERY rare. I got lucky with Revlon's Custom Creations and DuWop's RF. [ironically, my shade is Sally - heh heh]. I'm also lucky that UD has my shade in their foundations as well - I hate having to mix stuff to get my proper shade, so the only makeup I'm really willing to shell out money for is foundation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:39 am

PolyphonicThought wrote:

EDIT:: if you can't see it, then right click and click "view pic".

it doesnt work... i cant see it Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:44 am

Me either Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:52 am

Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? Picture1
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:53 am

oh good, I JUST uploaded it to photobucket to post too. :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:54 am

lololol great minds think alike amirite?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:54 am

heck yes!
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:46 am

I think I'm in Lisabeth's position...I'm not warm or cool. I'm just white.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:33 am

PolyphonicThought wrote:
Ah yeah, true that. I'm lucky to find exact matches, which is VERY rare. I got lucky with Revlon's Custom Creations and DuWop's RF. [ironically, my shade is Sally - heh heh]. I'm also lucky that UD has my shade in their foundations as well - I hate having to mix stuff to get my proper shade, so the only makeup I'm really willing to shell out money for is foundation.

Geez, I'm a foundation shade?! lol
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:43 am

I know, its awesome! I laugh every time I see the label Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:44 am

I nearly bought shoes at the weekend cos the style name was Sally, won't be doing that with the foundation though! Get around a bit don't I!!
Back to top Go down
cherrybomb

cherrybomb

Number of posts : 2443
Name : Jasmin, Mini
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:15 pm

anjelik_dreamin wrote:
I think I'm in Lisabeth's position...I'm not warm or cool. I'm just white.

Same here, just white.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/knallkirsche

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:50 pm

I also have Jess and Lisabeth's problem: I'm basically a slightly warmed up corpse!
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:34 pm

Ditto
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 12:07 am

You will have a cool, warm or neutral undertone, it's just a case of finding something pale enough to suit you. If you're all that white, you might have to order online if you don't have a big make up stockists near you (not a department store, I mean like a make up supplies or theatre place). RCMA has a shade called Ivory which is good if you're like SUPER pale and cool.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:46 am

^ Kendra hit the nail on the head. Its very hard to match your tone when you're way off the spectrum, but if you do some decent hunting you're bound to find SOMETHING. :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:06 am

Yeah, I found some. It's this in porcelain. So by that theory, I'm neutral and white.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 6:39 am

I guess I'm not THAT white....Maybelline's Pure makeup in the lightest shade is ok on me as long as it's blending really really well and is fairly light....but it's not perfect. I should get a proper fitting done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?   Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Not Sure Of Your Skin Tone?
Page 1 of 1