The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Swap?

Go down 
+9
witch_lilly
Lindsay
NightmaresOnWax
xxmissyxx
gill
asoftrevolution
shadowsforsale
PolyphonicThought
Kirsty
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Christmas Swap? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 3:03 pm

I think A4 is best..money being tight this time of year and all..Whens the deadline for letting you know if your taking part? I really want to..but it depends on if I get a job in the next week..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 3:06 pm

well a4 is bigger than what we had before...so a4 would be MORE money in filling and postage rather than the a5 we had which worked perfectly well.

the deadline will be...the 21st of november. so let me know by then. ill make a post in admin for people to sign up though.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 3:14 pm

Lol..sorry, I didn't pay attention cause I didn't do it last time.
A5 then if everyone was happy with the size before Smile
mk, thats good, I shall know where I stand financially by then
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 4:47 pm

Didn't you say last time that instead of an A5, if that particular person wanted, they could make it a bigger envelope? So maybe leave it at that again, the set size, and up to the person sending if they wanted to up it a size.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 5:47 pm

Anyone know the Canadian equivalent of these envelope sizes? I can't seem to figure this whole thing out.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 5:53 pm

i'm tooooootttaaallly joining this one! i don't really celebrate any holiday (except like...valentines day and thanksgiving- its the best because i like stuffing and turkey!..but i'm not religious) anyway, i don't care if i get an ornament or something... i'd hang it on my wall!

ps- what's with the sizing?
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 7:55 pm

yeah, can someone tell us the dimensions in measurement for the envelopes?
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 1:06 am

A4 is a sheet of normal computer paper (21 by 27 cm), if that helps, then A5 is that folded in half (15 by 21cm).

I say go with what we did last time- I had to get a bigger packet when I sent my package because a packet of lollies I sent was too big to fit in the A5. Perhaps at least A5 size- but if you want to go bigger than that, it's up to you, as long as you understand (and I'm sure everyone does) that the package you receive might not be so ginormous.

I'd hate to think the reason I haven't got my package yet is because it got lost in the mail! I think I might use courier tracking this time, just because, that way, you at least get compensated if it goes missing.

And I definitely want to participate again. This time I'll be quick smart, as I've nothing else to commit my monies to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 8:32 am

Thanks, Kendra! Us Canucks have no size conversion for envelopes. The big ones (sheet of paper) are called "Manila Envelopes" for some reason. LOL.

I want to make COOOOL Yule stuff for my person. Smile I think I'll make a wee stocking or something with kick-ass fabric.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 9:48 am

shadowsforsale wrote:
Didn't you say last time that instead of an A5, if that particular person wanted, they could make it a bigger envelope? So maybe leave it at that again, the set size, and up to the person sending if they wanted to up it a size.

nooo i said that earlier in this topic actually!
yeh basically, a5 would be the set size which everyone should use BUT if, as an example, you were sending to me lizbeth and you found something bigger than an a5 envelope and thought "oh no but that would be just perfect for kiki! i SO have to!" then thats up to you if you want to do a bigger package, but know that you may only receive an a5 smaller package in return from your sender.
so a5 is the reccommended/suggested size but its up to the individual. im not gonna say "omg omg NO how dare you send bigger!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 9:52 am

Le_Saboteur wrote:
A4 is a sheet of normal computer paper (21 by 27 cm), if that helps, then A5 is that folded in half (15 by 21cm).

I say go with what we did last time- I had to get a bigger packet when I sent my package because a packet of lollies I sent was too big to fit in the A5. Perhaps at least A5 size- but if you want to go bigger than that, it's up to you, as long as you understand (and I'm sure everyone does) that the package you receive might not be so ginormous.

I'd hate to think the reason I haven't got my package yet is because it got lost in the mail! I think I might use courier tracking this time, just because, that way, you at least get compensated if it goes missing.

And I definitely want to participate again. This time I'll be quick smart, as I've nothing else to commit my monies to. Very Happy

I am definately reccommending that EVERYONE uses recorder delivery or whatever the equivilent is. It should have been done before but its been ok. We did think one package had gone missing so I posted the idea a few pages ago. It shouldnt be too much more expensive than normal airmail anyway.

And yes, I just posted what you said Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:13 pm

OK NEWS PEOPLE!!!!

We've just put togehter how many people did not recieved a package and its pretty appalling. Lots of people did wonderfully but quite a few have let us down or by sad accidents the packages have got lost in the post.

I am now unkeen to do the christmas swap. unless everyone promises to get recorded/registered delivery. if you want, we could do a card swap or like...cards with little things in them. does anyone have any ideas or anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:18 pm

I think we should only allow people who have complied with sending their previous packages to participate.

Maybe that's a bit harsh.....

Nevermind, I agree with the recorded shipping thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:25 pm

... not the nag or anything Jenna ... but those who couldn't participate on the previous swap then? ... I mean ... Is it fair to exclude them?

But I think a vard exchange would be cool too!!! ... At least I can partcipate on that one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:27 pm

if people are desperate or reeeally wanna do a swap, then you have to be committed to spendign a bit more on recorded delivery but if money is tight then that means less people.

how about sending a card with maybe a necklace or earrings or lipgloss or something? or a mix cd or something like that? then it isnt as bulky and is less likely to get lost or stolen in the mail because its not "ooh larger and exciting" but you still get a nice card and a small gift?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:27 pm

Lamia wrote:
... not the nag or anything Jenna ... but those who couldn't participate on the previous swap then? ... I mean ... Is it fair to exclude them?

But I think a vard exchange would be cool too!!! ... At least I can partcipate on that one Very Happy

I thought of that.

And you're right, it's not fair to them.

A card swap would be pretty sweet.

Maybe we could get partners from a different country and send cards from where we're from.

I'd love a card from abroad.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:29 pm

yeh i feel bad saying "you cant take part because you didnt send it!" when it may have gotten lost in the mail.

also i like the other countries. maybe you could say how many you're willing to send to, because if its small like a card and maybe a pair of $5 earrings or something, then its not major and people could maybe send to 2 or 3 people? id be willing to send out a few.

or if you wanted a card then you could do that but only one or two would get a gift...or something Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:32 pm

I like the card idea with a small present ... and I wouldn't actually mind to pay a bit more for recorded delivery ...
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:34 pm

well that wouldnt really be as necessary with just a card. i think often its "oooh big bulky package! interesting!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:36 pm

I'd be more than willing to send to more than one person.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:39 pm

Muffins Goes RAWR wrote:
I think we should only allow people who have complied with sending their previous packages to participate.

Maybe that's a bit harsh.....

I see where you're coming from, but there are a few of us who have sent packages but it isn't known whether the person we were sending them to received them or not. It's pretty unfortunate that we'd be left out of something like this. There's no way to know whether someone has actually sent something and it got lost or just hasn't arrived yet (which I'm sure it is with everyone that's said this), or if they're just saying they did and 'oh well, must have got lost'.

I think this one being a smaller swap is a good idea, so we don't feel pressured to send a million things. Then if this one goes off without a hitch we can look at something more like the first one.

Oooh, also, I'd love to send cards out to different people, but it seems like that would be hard to organise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:40 pm

You're too good Jenna Very Happy

And Kiki ... I now someone who has worked at a post office ... maybe I can ask tips so they won't 'get lost' ... I dunno ....
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:48 pm

i dont think it would be too hard to organise, no. A little complicated but I'll work it out! If we work out how many people we get then people get a certain amount depending on what they and other people are willing to send.

should be ok :]
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 6:48 pm

Awesome! I love sending out Christmas Cards (despite being athiest, I love 'em) and would totally be willing to do 3 or whatever.

And Nath, my parents have owned two courier businesses, and I can safely say there isn't really a whole lot you can do about it. It's a total rarity when things do get lost, and very few people that work in that industry are dodgy- if it happens more than once, the person is almost always caught. Most of the time it actually does just get lost; especially if you put it in a post box instead of going into the post office.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 6:55 pm

Ah ... oke didn't know that Kendra ... I tend not to trust things run by the government Very Happy

But to stay on topic ... I'm also willing to do more!!!! Love to write ... and well ... Since I'm the only one from Belgium, you'll get a supercute cool card from over here Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Swap?   Christmas Swap? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Swap?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next