The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Make-up in school colors

Go down 
+2
Kirsty
PolyphonicThought
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Make-up in school colors Empty
PostSubject: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 pm

Ok so obviously I could go to any cosmetic counter, FACES, the MAC store, Wal*Mart, etc, but I wanted some references, so I don't have to search for hours on end, or buy one that I can't try and then it sucks.

So my school uniform colors are
Maroon/Burgundy
Grey/Silver
White
Navy
Black

If any of yall have had a good experience with eyeshadows in any of the listed colors could you give me a brand name and a price range.
I live in the US but I can get stuff from overseas and whatnot.

Thanks in advanced...

p.s. Kiki if you think this belongs in PR or Glam I apoligize.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 4:59 am

I think this is a good spot.

I like HT's Rebel black shadow, its $6. wont rec the eyesmudge in this case cos the navy and burgundy havent been seen in a while!

as of a silver/grey/gun metal colour...I use Icing by Clare's, its a pretty nice color, I'll have to get a pic for you. I meant to take one for Lamia a while back, but I have the webcam so I can actually do it now. it was $1.50, I think, and it lasts all day with my wet n wild creme shadow as a base.

but otherwise...I totally cant help, since Im in the same boat as you,
I need navy; different greens, especially some dark ones; and a burgundy.

so I hope people can post in here. haha.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 7:12 am

nah this is a good spot! Razz

and...im not help so ill go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 4:44 pm

Do you ever buy Fyrinnae? Honestly, they have SO many different shades of every color...a lot of them are bright and for sample sizes I believe it's only $1.25 which they will last you for a long time. I'd really suggest them.

Personally, my favorite black eyeshadow is from Victoria Secret and it's called 'fierce' but it has sparkles in it soo thats why I love it and doubt you will.

Goodluckkkk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 5:01 pm

Do you have "Six Star" where you are? It's a cheeeap little store with no name brands, and they have some make-up in the colors you are looking for. for cheap, like a dollar!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 7:05 pm

Brittni wrote:
Do you ever buy Fyrinnae? Honestly, they have SO many different shades of every color...a lot of them are bright and for sample sizes I believe it's only $1.25 which they will last you for a long time. I'd really suggest them.

Personally, my favorite black eyeshadow is from Victoria Secret and it's called 'fierce' but it has sparkles in it soo thats why I love it and doubt you will.

Goodluckkkk.

Actually I get my mineral pigments from a brand called Mahya...they have all the same colors as Fyrinnae, and it's local

and um...I'm almost out of my MAC Black Tied...and I've probably gone through like 5 of Jane's clubbing and atleast 1 of Milani's Storm

Plats, never heard of Six Star...but you just gave me an idea, I should probably go to the beauty supply store and look at the Wild-n-Crazy and NYX shadows...don't know why I didn't think of that
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 8:34 pm

I have a burgundy and a navy from Wild N Crazy, I don't like them though. They are so smudgy and crappy even with a good base.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:19 pm

I use Max Factor. You can find it at K-Mart usually. It's around $5 and comes w/ three colors. I've had all of mine since the beginning of this year and they haven't run out yet!
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:29 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:

Plats, never heard of Six Star...but you just gave me an idea, I should probably go to the beauty supply store and look at the Wild-n-Crazy and NYX shadows...don't know why I didn't think of that

I LOOOOVE Nyx, but can't find it anymore. Pharmaplus used to carry it, but they don't anymore. Sad Their colours are so rich, and they have super staying power!
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:39 pm

I wish there was NYX around here. It all looks so nice and I want some!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:48 am

electrikkk wrote:
I use Max Factor. You can find it at K-Mart usually. It's around $5 and comes w/ three colors. I've had all of mine since the beginning of this year and they haven't run out yet!

Texas doesn't have K-Mart anymore...boo but Wal*Mart has Max Factor, which palettes have the colors I'm looking for, or do you know?

Lindsay I really like Wild-N-Crazy, I've never had a problem with them...
We have NYX at "ethnic" beauty supply stores, and there's alot where I live
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 10:03 am

I'm not sure, you'll just have to look around. Sorry. :/
Back to top Go down
paleogrl

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 10:28 am

a silver that is nice is lancome color design in "style section". It's $15, you can get it at macys, nordstrom, and other places, and I really like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:00 am

i have seen some really pretty lancome colors, i think we have one at the "local shit mall"

electrikkk wrote:
I'm not sure, you'll just have to look around. Sorry. :/

sweety, I appreciate the response and recommendation but this kind of sounds like you didn't even read my post, my point was finding specific colors and you just kind of threw something out there that seemed like i was just asking for make-up tips

i'm sorry if that sounds harsh or anything but i get kind of offended when people don't pay attention
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:07 am

Max Factor has a trio called precious metals, looks like a white, a silver, and either a really deep gray or the black didn't photograph well. Nyx has a really pretty red color called Cherry, it's not maroon really but maybe mix it with a little purple? They also have a navy, which they call..Navy.

Edit: Nyx does have a Burgundy Pearl, but it'd probably be shimmery and I dunno if you'd want to go with that if the rest of what you find is matte or whatever you happen to find. Smile Just sayin'!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:55 am

I like shimmery...!
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:06 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:

sweety, I appreciate the response and recommendation but this kind of sounds like you didn't even read my post, my point was finding specific colors and you just kind of threw something out there that seemed like i was just asking for make-up tips

i'm sorry if that sounds harsh or anything but i get kind of offended when people don't pay attention

Your post said you were asking for a brand name and price range, so that's what a gave you. You were just asking for good brands that had those colors. I don't have every single Max Factor combo. so I don't know all the names. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 1:01 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:
I like shimmery...!

Then go get the burgundy pearl, silly girl! I just didn't know if you'd like the idea of shimmery with non-shimmery shadows. excited I was helpful!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 1:37 pm

electrikkk wrote:

Your post said you were asking for a brand name and price range, so that's what a gave you. You were just asking for good brands that had those colors. I don't have every single Max Factor combo. so I don't know all the names. Sorry.

So they do have those colors?...damn, see now I feel like a bitch, I just wanted it specified that whatever brand you recommended had the colors I was looking for so when you responded it just seemed like, "oh well this is a good brand, don't know if they have the colors, but I like them." Obvioulsy not a direct quote but that's kind of how I interpretted it, sorry for that and if I offended you.

shadowsforsale wrote:

Then go get the burgundy pearl, silly girl! I just didn't know if you'd like the idea of shimmery with non-shimmery shadows. excited I was helpful!

There's always a way to make a matte shadow shimmery and if you do it right, you can mix the two...so yay, you did help...go LIZ *high five*
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 5:43 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:

So they do have those colors?...damn, see now I feel like a bitch, I just wanted it specified that whatever brand you recommended had the colors I was looking for so when you responded it just seemed like, "oh well this is a good brand, don't know if they have the colors, but I like them." Obvioulsy not a direct quote but that's kind of how I interpretted it, sorry for that and if I offended you.

Oh you didn't offend me, it's ok dear. :] And yes, I've seen the navy, black, silver and white. The only one I haven't seen yet is the maroon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 6:06 pm

awesome...thank you...
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 6:07 pm

No problem. :]
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 6:32 pm

ack! hell, this post has helped me lots. Ive always been mad at max factor for not having my shade in their foundation sticks, but I'll totally look into the eyeshadows now. =D
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 6:44 pm

liz!

precious metals is dead on!
but what should be black is more like gun metal - I have one, but the max one looks less shimmery.

ravenous has black though, with something of an orange and yellow, which looks really rad!

toast to that and cocoa crazy look like really nice neutrals too, which I need.

they also have GREEN [green and bare it],
NAVY [jean jacket],
GREY [smoke alarm] and
WHITE [shining armor] automatic pencils, which look really nice!

here's some maybelline stuff, tooo.
MAYBELLINE.COM

expert wear eyeshadow singles:
white - vanilla
silver - silver lining
black - night sky
green - antique jade

expert wear eyeshadow quads:
navy and various blues - sapphire ice

expert wear eyeshadow trios:
silver, white, grey - impeccable greys
greens - ivy league

expert wear duos:
grey - grey matters
greens - irish mist

shadow stylist:
black - sultry black
white - contemporary white
grey - urban grey

here's covergirl.
COVERGIRL.COM

eye enhancers one kit shadows:
navy - sapphire sparkle
black - shimmering onyx

four kit shadows:
grey and white - shades of grey

queen collection one kit [could be the same as reg one kit, but here you go]:
navy - after midnight
black - black tie
green - emerald

queen collection quads:
navy and white - blue notes

Prestige shadows
PRESTIGECOSMETICS.COM

eyeshadow singles:
black - ebony
hunter green - greenway
white - blanc

they have a navy,
but I cant figure out the shade name,
my bad.

let loose:
grey - rejoice

shadow duos:
grey/gun metal - stormy

shadow quads:
silver/grey/gun metal/white - storm
navy and other pretty blues - marina

okie. thats all Puffy can pull out of her ass,
Ive edited this thing 3 times already. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 11:32 pm

yay Puffy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make-up in school colors   Make-up in school colors Empty

Back to top Go down

Make-up in school colors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next