The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

claire's cosmetics!

Go down 
+2
pinkhaired
PolyphonicThought
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

claire's cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 12:39 pm

I've heard great things about them!

I shop there religiously, the same way I do at hot topic [bought lovely big shades from them],

and Ive got this nifty lil brush set from them,

but Ive never really tried those HUGE bloody pallets of eyeshadow!

OR the glitters, WHICH LOOK FAB - they have them in so many colours!

so who likes the stuff,
who'd recommend it,
and whyyyy? :]
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 12:51 pm

I dunno...I have some stuff. Um, the eyeshadow doesn't show up as bright as it looks. I haven't tried it with a base but I have tried it wet. It just okay I guess. The nailpolish comes in awesome colors but it chips really fast, it might be okay with a really good topcoat. Oh, and its matte, which annoys me, I like my nailpolish shiny! I haven't tried any of their lip stuff, but they look like theyr'e all just lip glosses.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 12:55 pm

Ive tried a gloss or two, that I bought as gifts [they wanted me to try Razz] - not too shabby. the glitters really look nice, tho...if I bought anything, it would be those!
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 1:02 pm

I have some of the glitters, actually what am I talking about I have the loose ones and the other ones. The loose ones look okay, although I'm not too sure how to use them. The other ones are like a kind of weird gel stuff with glitter in it. The only thing is after you use it a couple of times theres gel but no glitter. You could probably use it for loose glitters though. Oh, and it doesn't really dry, so its like you have vaseline on your eyelids.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 1:04 pm

I've used their eyeshadow but not on myself, I did my friends makeup with a pallete she had. I did use a base so they were pretty decent in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 1:10 pm

Hmm I dunno. I think they're pretty much just like the other lower end brands of make up out there (which I have to make do with cus I have no moneys!). Claire's isn't the first place I'd think of for make up, but for the crazier stuff like glitters and lashes etc it's all good!
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 1:36 pm

pinkhaired wrote:
I have some of the glitters, actually what am I talking about I have the loose ones and the other ones. The loose ones look okay, although I'm not too sure how to use them. The other ones are like a kind of weird gel stuff with glitter in it. The only thing is after you use it a couple of times theres gel but no glitter. You could probably use it for loose glitters though. Oh, and it doesn't really dry, so its like you have vaseline on your eyelids.

yeah, I dont like those vaseline ones - I bought one from hot topic, it was good, but wasnt what I was looking for; I think I gave it away. cos it creased and make my eyesmudge look funky. :[[
Back to top Go down
asdfkari

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 1:53 pm

Their loose glitters are good - if they still sell it, there's a product that's like a two-sided pot, one with the loose glitter and the other with a shimmer, in the same color, and both of those are great.
I don't recommend the eyeshadows/eyeliner/mascara/whatever eye product because they wouldn't last and I know for a fact that the eyeshadows definitely do not show up what they look like.
It's kind of like that makeup that you get when you're little that's all pink and beautiful but you put it on and it doesn't show up. O_o;
The lipglosses, however, I could have as a meal plan. Yummy. Ithink.
Back to top Go down
cheerios

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 10:35 pm

Hmmm, next time I go to the mall I shall buy some glitters. They have been fascinating me for quite some time. If I go soon I'll tell you all how well they work and any tips/tricks to using them. Wink
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2007 10:43 pm

ehehe! good. I know how to work with them...but dammit. have you seen the price on all of em put together? lovely.

oo! HT has these...cupcake glitters? to die for. cant wait to try. mhmmm.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 11:31 pm

REVIEW:

wne to Icing's in the mall [another claires store for the "older" kids] and picked up a metal grey eyeshadow. goes on REALLY well, and I was able to pull off a smoky grey look for the day.

downside, if its hot or gummy outside, it'll fall. but I had a bit of a eye problem, as my eyes were watering badly because I took off my glasses and the air in the room affected my eyesight, so that didnt help. Gardner thought I was crying. :[

overall, I like it. it looks good over primer, so I'd recommend it, since it came from icing's, and not the other claires. Im def gonna buy the golden brown colour from them! its only 2.50, 2.75 with tax!

what I DID get from reg claires is a silver glitter for my eyes. tested it on hand, looks GORGE, but we'll see how it works on eyes soon enough. it was about 1.90 or so. :]
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:25 am

Im glad you posted this...Ive been curious about those loose glitters for ages.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:48 am

me too, I bought one in a lil pot [I'll take a pic with the phone].

the little pot glitters connected together are cheaper at icings [smaller pots], but for more glitter, go to the reg claires. I only had nuff money to buy one thing, but it'll last a while! :]
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:50 am

I miss icing....totally dont have one anymore.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:53 am

rly!!!? we have both in our mall! I didnt even kno we had icing's til the week or so before my birthday. if anything, Im pissed that they got rid of Auntie Anne's at the mall...bitches got rid of my pretzels. >.<
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:54 am

Ugh, the mall I worked at in St. Louis had an Auntie Annes and I cried because the pretzel was horrible! When I got back here I went and got a good one, but the mall here had gotten rid of my orange julius stand. I just can't win!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:55 am

My mall is semi retarded. Its got all these expensive stupid stores I cant afford...which is probably why I never go shopping much.
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:55 am

OMG ORANGE JULIUS HOLY SHIT. I LOVE THAT PLACE SO MUCH BUT THERE ARENT ANY IN VA
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:57 am

ugh, not ours! I go shopping there on ten, sometimes five dollars. a small dippin dots and a hot topic eyeshadow, and I can STILL get somethin else.

my fav pretzels were the almond and sesame seed...my FAVVVVS. best shit evah with cream cheese dip. can you say no mo than fo dollahz!!? ^.^

least the auntie anne's at the boardwalk is still alive!
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:57 am

orange julius?
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

I learned how to make them at home, only thing I don't have is the syrup, but my sisters say it's comparable to the actual ones, so I guess I win?
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:58 am

TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT OMG I AM HAVING HARDCORE CRAVINGS RIGHT NOW.
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 1:00 am

someone explain this amazingness to me. Im confuzzled
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 1:01 am

OMG I THINK WE HAFF ONE OF THOSE BUT I RLY CANT DRINK SMOOTHIES COS they make me go potty.

soooo.
I'll stick to dippin dots. tee hee.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 1:03 am

oooooh, dippin dots! They make me happy.

Mandy, an orange julius is basically an orange smoothy that is amazingly fantastic and once you have a sip you'll be addicted for life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: claire's cosmetics!   claire's cosmetics! Empty

Back to top Go down

claire's cosmetics!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next