The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mark cosmetics!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 8:02 pm

you know, that little line from Avon for the younger crowd?

I use to order their matte powder like no one's business [its hot, btw, and so worth it], but we just got a new avon lady - a family friend, so we get discounts! so here's the stuff Im getting!

mark cosmetics! Prod_1037844_XL

in cheeky!

mark cosmetics! Prod_1041132_XL

in mocha! [their darkest colour is my shade]

mark cosmetics! Prod_1037471_XL

mini brush set! which I so need!

mark cosmetics! Prod_1030675_XL

Sheenstick Hook Up Lip Balm in Angelic!
I saw it on the We Love Beauty blog just yesterday and I had to have it!

and these two products! they have new packaging in the book, but the site hasnt updated yet:

mark cosmetics! PROD_1020074_LG

Invisible Touch Perfecting Concealer!

mark cosmetics! PROD_1019141_LG

Powder-Matic Go Anywhere Loose Powder!

yay! I should have it in 1-2 weeks! and I'll review it allll. =D

some of your favourite mark products?

[woo Im so excited =D]
Back to top Go down

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 8:42 pm

I actually don't think the quality of Mark's products are that great. I have some lip gloss and eyeshadow's by them and just don't find they are long lasting or vibrant enough, for my taste anyways.

The instant blush tints look awesome, though! But why'd you go with such a pink color? I think the nude would've looked better on you!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 8:56 pm

oh, I picked that one because its a really sheer wash of pink - almost barely there! I figured I'd get nude next time we ordered so I'd have my pink and my neutral. :]

I actually love their stuff - the powder always lasted me forever, and I love the gloss - Ive yet to try some of the shadows. they have a lot of creamy ones, and theyve even a new gel liner! if it wasnt for the blush or concealer, I would have gotten the black gel liner and the copper cream shadow.

if anything, Im WICKED excited to try the concealer - I havent been able to find a decent one! and the last loose powder I invested in was a shade too light, so I now use that one when I do makeup for friends. sooo I cant wait. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 9:39 pm

I've never tried anything since I don't know an Avon lady, but that blush looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 9:52 pm

yeahh thats another thing - I havent been able to find a blush stick anywhere. wet n wild has some, but they look way too dark for me.
Back to top Go down

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 10:04 pm

Puffy...you've made me want to buy some AVON...and just my luck...everything is on sale...I want lippy and blushes
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Im ALWAYS looking for the perfect blush...if this is it, Im buying enough to last me ages - Im about to do the same with this compact Ive got =D
Back to top Go down

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 11:13 am

I would love to try Mark or Avon, but I don't know an Avonlady.Oh the pain.....
Back to top Go down
NickiMet

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Oh man this is going to be my thread..
I'll be here all month if I get going on my favorite stuff, so I'll just comment on your picks.

Just Pinched Blush Tint - it really is sheer. I use it in Sunny, and I have a fair complexion. It's not too dark on me. Love it.

C-Thru-U: my go-to foundation on beach days. Or whenever I'm outdoors, really. It's sheer, with buildable coverage. My favorite thing about this is the SPF 15.

I'm absolutely in love with our full-size brush line, which I use daily, but I keep the mini brush kit in my purse for touch ups. I actually sold one to Clinique salesperson's daughter, I guess their brushes are on the expensive side?

I haven't used the concealer, but everyone I've sold it to loves it. Same with the loose powder.

I use speedway as my concealer/foundation on most days.
mark cosmetics! Prod_1042129_XL

I use matte-nificent over that, and it gives me that perfect complexion.

http://shop.meetmark.com/shop/product.asp?src_page=product_list.asp&level1_id=300&level2_id=469&pdept_id=483&dept_id=490&pf_id=31547

mark = love, in my book.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 4:40 pm

mhm, matte-nificent was my thing! loved it. Ive just found my perfect foundation stick, but when its gone, I'll so get the speedway, cos it looks gorge.

and the clinique brushes ARE pricey - I like using paintbrushes, becuase they kind of give a better effect, but a mini set for 15 will be fabbbb.

oo, and I KNOW you've used the hook up glosses - my first one was player! :]

Last edited by on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NickiMet

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 4:58 pm

Hook Ups? Naturally. I started with Pink Crush and Hot. But then I found Glossblossom and I've been using that ever since. It's a clear gloss that turns a different shade of pink for everyone, based on the amount of lip pigment.

Then I found Dew Drenched lipsticks. I have more lip stuff than I think I'll ever use..
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 5:10 pm

mm, I wont be able to order glosses until I get my order - Ive just sent for a great berry shade from MK. its a really gorgeous colour thats great for fall.

and the Glossblossom always reminds me of Smashbox's O-Glow Blush - they do the same thing!

and Im actually thinking of ordering the Dew Drenched Lipsticks - are they sheer and buildable?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 6:46 pm

i know you're american, nicki but do you know if there's a british site for this stuff?
i searched but could only find british avon...but wondered if you knew if thise product was just an american thing?

wah it seems its american :[
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 6:56 pm

only in america!

only avon is in the UK - but mark'll be all over soon enough!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 7:30 pm

*sob*

:]
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
NickiMet

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Well, it's supposed to only ship to America, but I know some girls that have family overseas. Not sure where exactly, but they ordered from the personal sites, and they got it.

I have no idea if this would work. Sorry Sad

The Dew Drenched lipsticks aren't traditional 'lipsticks,' because yes, they are very sheer and buildable. And wonderful, if I do say so myself Smile
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 8:46 pm

mm, reminds me of the mini one I have in this nude-y shade - I wont give it up >.<

I'll totally buy one in my next order! :]
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 6:05 pm

okay, so I have the blush and the c thru u tint [everything else is on back order], and holy shit. the tint blends with my skin PERFECTLY. I can add as much as I want without it looking too heavy, so I could use this without a mirror!

and the blush? hell, its great too. I dont get much color payoff on cheeks [I am a girl of colour, thats expected], but its so creamy, and goes on really well - and its the perfect light pink for my lips. I can also say that I could use this without a mirror without fear or a clown face!

I thought they had good powder and lipgloss, hell...these are HG products now! :]
Back to top Go down
NickiMet

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 10:21 pm

That's music to my ears!! So glad you like the stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 10:24 pm

totally! I even did a video review wearing the stuff! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 11:07 pm

hey i can't remember the name, but it's a oil absorbing power i think? (i hope i'm not making this up haha)
but what is it called, and is it good?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 12:12 am

haha, I know what youre talking about.

matte-nificent oil absorbing powder!

really fab.

my revlon one is still good, so I cant get one yet,

but I totally want to get the powder buff natrual skin foundation.

website!

meetmark.com
Back to top Go down
NickiMet

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 9:48 am

or www.mymarkstore.com/bgay.. if you want to throw a little credit to the mark obsessed rep lol.. Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 10:12 am

indeed! either way, you still get some decent makeup! Very Happy

what Puffy wants to order next time:

mark cosmetics! Prod_1032870_XL

Ive been meaning to get those shadows anddd some clear brow gel...mmm. and its only ten bucks, which isnt bad for all of that.

mark cosmetics! Prod_1030638_XL

in envious, a green shade!

mark cosmetics! PROD_1030184_LG

and this is just cute...wont get it, but its cute:
the colour names are Puffy and Apple! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 5:18 pm

spaaank you puffilicious
and wow..10 bucks for all that? damn good deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mark cosmetics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: mark cosmetics!   mark cosmetics! Empty

Back to top Go down

mark cosmetics!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next