The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sharing the Love

Go down 
+6
Le_Saboteur
NightmaresOnWax
PolyphonicThought
gill
Gloomyjewel
Kirsty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Sharing the Love - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 9:14 am

it seems to have fizzled out.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 10:35 am

Oii, if you guys want, I do web design and I could make a little site for that kind of stuff to post what people like for it, and just do it in the winter time.

I know it has fizzled out, but it was definately a cute idea. <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 3:14 am

its a cute idea but i'm broke all the time Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 12:37 pm

aww
I wanted to go for this one too! =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:01 pm

That's cool but what happens if the person who is supposed to send you a gift never sends it? =( That'd be kind of lame.

And I'm pretty cool with giving out my address cuz it's a P.O. Box and we're all girls so if you try to come and hurt me, I'll win anyways. Muahaha. =P

I LOVE secret santa, giving gifts in general, anything where you can use your imagination and give meaningful stuff to show you know the person too...I always organized a secret santa exchange @ our highschool lunch table...and my and my bestfriend always exchange gifts just for fun. Last week she gave me a magazine with a big spread on T.I. cuz she knows how much I love himmm...and I got her beaded necklaces that she loves...mmmhmmm.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 7:42 pm

Well how about if we said...for the people that were interested...
you know those little padded jiffy bag envelopes you can get? well you know like an A5 sized one? (do you all use that system? like half a regular sheet of paper).
we could say that everyone who wants to participate, buys one of those and then so like...write a letter, just a short one...then say put in your favourite lyrics or poem...a postcard from where you are from...and then maybe a few little things you think the person would like...but say that noone of them can cost over a couple of £££ or $$$ or if you're crafty, make something!

it would just be a start...and if it went ok we could do it a bit bigger.

and postage for a padded envelope wouldnt be too much.
and they are quite wee so people wouldnt be expecting much.

and you could just put in the letter, which i think would have to be obligatory and the postcard...and then like just a couple of little things like stickers or a pair of earrings or something...or if you're arty a drawing or just some cool little personal stuff.

i love this idea Razz

and britt...noone will not send anything...cos ill kick their ass! its a wee forum, it aint gonna happen on my watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 7:43 pm

Mwahaha I have a PO BOX too!!!

Brittni wrote:
Last week she gave me a magazine with a big spread on T.I. cuz she knows how much I love himmm...and I got her beaded necklaces that she loves...mmmhmmm.

And awwwwwww Brittni that's soo cool!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Smile St

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 7:47 pm

I'd be in on this if you guys do iiiittt...
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 10:40 pm

I think this is a cute idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 10:41 pm

I'm still for it, and Kiki I like your new idea, but I'll still have to sit out a little while, maybe a month, while I fix my finances.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 12:19 am

I'm glad you have faith everyone will send in. I'm sure they will too but you know, if someone who is more of a "lurker" on the forum wanted to do it then I'd be sketched. But it's just something fun to do anyways.

And yeah, Jade...it is pretty cool. Thoughtful gifts, even the smallest, are the best!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 5:58 am

I think we'd need to be like...yeh you need to be reasonably active...'cause otherwise we dont reaaally know ya.
Say like over 100 posts or something.

well...if we say pm me to say you wanna do it...that'll give people just over a week to decide because i go away on holiday for a week on tuesday (*sniff*) so yeeeeh it makes sense to make that the thing i guess.
no addresses, just saying you wanna participate.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 12:40 am

but wouldn't it be inconsistent with all the international shipping business? Like america to america would obvious cost less than Australia to Scotland...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 12:47 am

hm, true. but then again, I wouldnt mind shelling out a bit more to ship overseas. :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 12:51 am

Just a suggestion, maybe if we are deciding to do this...you (Keeks) can make an official post and lay out exactly how it'll work all formal. I think that'd make people (me included) feel better about doing it than just keep adding ideas/switching up ideas on how it'll work, spending limits, etc...off this topic! Thankkkkxxxxx.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 1:20 am

Well, it's about $7 to send a letter from here or Australia to Japan, and when I was a courier (early last year) it was roughly around about NZ$15 to send a Jiffy envelope to anywhere in the US or Europe/Asia. Should be about the same now because both of our dollars have gone up against pretty much everything.

If that's gonna be all you can spend, so be it, just write a letter and maybe make a postcard (well, they're only like a buck each anyway), and draw or make something small.

Anyway, I still think this is a great idea, and if we're going to have a full scale sending spree, there should probably be either a separate post like Brittni said, or edit the first post to put everyone's names who want to do it so everyone knows who's in and what not.

Ahh, the joys of being admin, eh Keeks? Razz
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 2:51 am

We could all write letters and put them in bottles....and then use our totally awesome mafia mind powers to send them across the ocean...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 3:17 am

Lol Mandy. You're cute.

However, I am a bit upset that I'm missing out on these awesome mafia mind powers. Sad!11
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 3:19 am

Yeah...they are only slightly imaginary. *sadface*
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:09 am

I wanna do the love letter in a bottle thing. And I'll put my number down and then my dream guy will find the bottle and call me and we'll be together forever Razz
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 7:08 am

ok well if people wanna take part...just as sort of preliminary numbers, you should send me a message over the next week. ive already had a couple and ill post the list when i come back. its just...theres not much point going into the effort of making a post and stuff if noone really does it...and people might be influenced by who is on the list...but yeh PM me.

then when i get back...we can sort out how its going to work.

obviously you wont be picking who you want to swap with, but if you think you cant afford at the moment to post to another country and would rather stay within your own then we can arrange that.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 12:26 pm

I'm gonna sit this one out, I've already got a ton of thank you notes to send out on top of other things so I've got enough to mail out as it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 5:19 pm

i haven't read through all the suggestions and what not... but this sounds like an awesome idea...
i personally would prefer to ship within America...

i got a lil dicouraged over the last secret santa thing i did because it was diy and the girl that got me sent me a canvas bag with an iron thingy that was falling off...a dream catcher like the ones you get at travel stops and some old teddy bear thing...it all smealt like smoke...it was kind of gross...i didn't even want to send mine because i spent so much time on it and the person that was my SS was so lazy about the gift

i trust that the girls on here would not be so careless!!!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 5:26 pm

aw that sucks.
and yeh i think this will be good Very Happy

but just in case, i think it is good t ostart of with a wee thing like the small envelope and see how to goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharing the Love
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2