The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sharing the Love

Go down 
+6
Le_Saboteur
NightmaresOnWax
PolyphonicThought
gill
Gloomyjewel
Kirsty
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 1:05 pm

Ok Rachel said in Girl talk about sending care packages or a sort of LC secret santa type thing and I wondered what you think.

Now...we can discuss how we do it here. Suggestions please.
As admin, I'll gladly handle addresses and sort of...oversee stuff as that should make it easier. Also it might make you feel more comfortable or whatever. Y'all trust me Very Happy It's also probably easier than addresses flying around. Less complicated too maybe. Especially for SS where it has to be...a secret!

We could do a secret santa type thing, where everyone involved says they wanna be involved and I'll draw names and send you someone to post to.
We could have a forum where you post a lil bio about yourself...with favourite colours or stuff?

I read everything that was said in the post in girl talk that was taken over. So there's two options.

1. Secret Santa. Everyone who wants to be involved sends me a message telling me they want to participate. They also tell me a bit about what they like (say colours, shapes, if they collect anything). You can tell me if you cant afford to ship say, out of the US or something and also give me your address. I can then draw names and send everyone who they are getting.

2. Care packages. Not sure how this one would work...if you wanted to "register" as it were and then I dunno...any ideas? Razz

GIMME YOUR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 1:37 pm

I think the secret santa swap type thing is the best. Since if you wanted you could make the package you send a care package anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 2:42 pm

but but but..its not christmas! im confused..im not so keen in giving out this address..cause its my folks house..but come september, i'm quite happy to give out my own address..so long as its handled through you kiki..

i think its a lovely idea..but is this christmas time? or are you just talking random? cause thats a bit odd..

also, theres all this talk of conventions and secret santas..i know we're becoming a tight wee community, but not think we need to try boost the numbers a bit? might make ventures like this more worthwhile..

also, how about swaps? like what they have on craftster?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Kirsty

Kirsty

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 2:57 pm

i will gladly handle addresses. i wouldnt wanna give mine out willynilly. i think it should be a given that i handle it. lol that sounds up my own ass but ye know what i mean Razz

I think swaps would be good. I did consider suggesting something like, you know those journal projects? where someone sends out a wee note book and you decorate a page or a few pages each?

i think its moe just a name secret santa...as this came out of rachel (pedestrian) thinking people where a bit gloomy on girl talk and confessions and stuff and wanting to send out a care package and others getting in on it.

i do get the numbers thing...i just dunno how to boost it. we have 66 members, 3 of which are confessions/GT/MC accounts and about 17 of which are members who have never posted and then theres people like shoho who dont post now.
we're on google if you search "limecrime"...xenia said she'd link, i think, but idk if she has...maybe someone could make banners or little buttons or something? any ideas are welcome (just in another topic...there are ones for it somewhere).

although i still think a swap type thing could work with the wee group we have. whats sort of stuff do they swap? Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 3:15 pm

care packages are better? if we wanna pick who we send to?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 3:20 pm

hmmm but then you could get the

5 for puffy
5 for kiki
none for gills Razz

and its a lil unfair maybe?

with SS, all who wanna take part get something
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 3:32 pm

Oh, on craftster they swap all kinds of things! They choose a theme. There's like, nightmare before christmas, or "I don't have that in my country!" and stuff like that. Cept on their its mainly stuff they've made.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 3:45 pm

The secret santa thing is probably the only way that would work. I was talking with Rachel today, and as much as we would love to send care packages to everyone...that quickly becomes expensive and complicated. So like Kiki said, everyone who wants to participate can give thier address to Kiki and she can assign someone for everyone.

It doesnt have to be themed or anything, I guess it would be a cool way of sending little cute things to bring smiles to those in need...and its just kind of...awesome?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
Kirsty

Kirsty

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 4:01 pm

yeh I agree with that...even though its not a care package it will still make someone smile.
and it doesnt have to cost a lot. we could say like...an amount suitable like say $15 US? which is like...£8, 12euros, $20Aussie...not necessarily that but a base amount. Then you can choose to go over it if you wish.
Also stuff can be hand made (damn i want someone good at diy Razz) and stuff like poems or a drawing or the person or a story and a little letter...

I doesnt even need to be big stuff. i mean idk about other peoples but a little jiffy envelope full of funky earrings and bows and stuff would make me Very Happy Very Happy so it can be simple stuff.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 4:15 pm

alright then. my address, shall be sent to you!
Back to top Go down

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 8:40 pm

I dunno....
I think it's dangerous to be handing out addresses. Even if Kiki's the only one handling it.
Back to top Go down

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 8:51 pm

i wanna do a care package :]
i think that sounds fun and stuff
Back to top Go down
poetic_s

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyMon May 21, 2007 10:30 pm

I'm in.
Wooo.
Some one buy me some mac.
lmao.
I kid, I kid.
Back to top Go down

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyTue May 22, 2007 1:11 am

oh i want to do it but i duno if my mum would stab me in the eye for giving out my addy
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyTue May 22, 2007 2:14 am

I think it's a really good idea. The care packages would be a nice idea, but like everyone's said, it would get real expensive real quick.

I love Secret Santa's, or something like it. Even if we did it sooner, like in July, and had people from all over sending themed stuff to each other. Like if there was a relatively even amount, people from the southern hemisphere sending wintery things to those up north, and vice versa with summer. Kind of a lame idea now that I think about it, haha, I think those of us that are nearing winter would need a little sunshine, y'know? That said, I would say that, being the furthest south of anyone here

Anyway, I think it would be fun. Yes. I'll stop there.

Btw Poetic Slut, that's the least convincing 'I kid' that I've ever seen in my life Razz
Back to top Go down
Nova_Zer

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyTue May 22, 2007 7:49 am

meh I'm not much help. All I can say is that I love the Secret Santa idea
and those who want to participate can do the whole "about me" deal and
for those who don't want to give out their adresses won't have to.
Also there shoul definitely be a set amount of how much is to be spent b/c
I think it may anger a lot of folks if they were to spent a lot on something
and then got a gumball trinket or whatever in return, you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyTue May 22, 2007 3:40 pm

I think that its a really good idea especially because it is such a small, close-knit forum because people would probably end up sending things to someone they have talked to before and know a little bit about what they like and it will be a bit more special because it is not coming from a complete stranger.

With that being said, I am a bit of a newbie, but you know what I mean. :p
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyTue May 22, 2007 3:41 pm

Should we start sending our addresses to you Kiki?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
pedestri

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyTue May 22, 2007 3:41 pm

yeah, i say we should get started!
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyTue May 22, 2007 4:43 pm

mmk, well im gonna sit this out till september..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyTue May 22, 2007 10:17 pm

Ya I'm iffy about it all so count me out girls.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyWed May 23, 2007 5:48 am

yeh everyone who is interested send me your address.

see how many there is. because if theres not many...well we'll see
Back to top Go down

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyWed May 23, 2007 10:17 am

gill wrote:
mmk, well im gonna sit this out till september..

same here. I like the idea, but i'd rather wait till i move out in autumn =]
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyWed May 23, 2007 12:03 pm

I've gotta sit out til I've got a job and my finances are stable, but when that happens, count me in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 9:13 am

Ooh this sounds fun! Are we doing this once, or every once in a while?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sharing the Love Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing the Love   Sharing the Love Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharing the Love
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Important Subjects :: Suggestions-
Jump to: