The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:

Go down 
+2
Le_Saboteur
PolyphonicThought
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: Empty
PostSubject: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySat May 31, 2008 10:52 pm

To be released July 2008:

Sneak Peek One
Sneek Peek Two

This is the first MAC collection I'm actually looking forward to. It'll be nice to have my powder and highlight in ONE compact. I'm horrible at picking a good highlight, so I'm looking forward to giving this a shot.

I'm also interested in the brush sets for the Colour Forms collection, because from what I know, MAC hasn't released a brush set since Antiquitease. Otherwise, I find the products in this collection to be unworthy and lackluster. Next to NV, Dress Camp had to be one of their best collections. Fafi didn't even wow me as much hype as it aquired. I just don't think MAC is all everyone says it is.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 12:13 am

Mmm, New View is not so interesting for me in terms of personal or professional (lol, gotta think about the kit) standpoint; as much as I like my MSFN, it wouldn't be worth getting another just for the highlighter- I've had my current MSFN for four months and it's barely lost the top of the dome even after every day use. I have enough highlighters that I don't need another one to chose from.

Maybe for you Dress Camp was good; again it didn't hold much allure for me (although I did like the gloss, and the packaging naturally), Heatherette was way more up my alley, alas it didn't even come out at my counter >.<

Most of their collections are pretty blah, there may be one or two things that look 'nice' from each one, but the last thing I really wanted was Hollywood Nights lipstick, and I have enough bright pink lippies! There is way better stuff in the perm line which is overlooked because of the 43532465 collections they have to release each year. Some of the eyeshadows from Cool Heat look okay, but I've enough greens, teals and blue shades to tide me over Smile

One thing I do know, though- as much hype as MAC gets, I've found a good amount of their eyeshadows are nigh on incomparable in terms of pigmentation and lasting power compared to every other brand that is available in New Zealand (MUFE isn't, but after playing with a few of their shades that one of my tutors brought back from the States, it is amaaaazing). In terms of my kit, I really don't consider anything else; it is just too expensive to stock other stuff from them- and other brands give way better results for a wider range of skin types.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 12:56 am

MUFE is one of those brands that just stomps MAC for me. There is absolutely no comparison - I'd much rather spend my money on MUFE...hands down. As of bases and brushes, MAC is pretty decent - I'm not using MSFN for nothin. Cargo is also another stand-out brand for me. I'm constantly raving about Cargo and their quality - and their hefty shade range.

I liked DC because it had those colours that are a daily staple for me - bright, yet neutral shadows; and bright pink blush, gloss, and lipstick. As appealing as the collection was, I can do much better for a LOT less cash.

As of the NV collection, I've made a hefty dent in my MSFN in the time I've had it. For my personal needs, the highlight would be useful, because I haven't found one that works for me. Naked pigment as a HL washes me out, and so has everything else I've tried. So the thought of having both powder and coordinating highlight is appealing to me. Even if it's not so great, it would always make a great quick shadow for "OMFG I'm So Late" days.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:07 am

MUFE is pretty kick ass, you can get it imported through a few places, but the shadows run NZ$65+, which is huge, even for the freaking great quality.

...Back on topic, haha, I can understand wanting it in one compact if you use a lot of it; truth is, it doesn't do amaaazing things for me like it does for others, and even pressed powders aren't that great with my drrryyy skin, any more than just a little bit and I go cakey, eek.

One of the best highlighters I've used is Sunday Best eyeshadow from the Antiquitease MAC palette, pale peachy pink with only a little bit of frost, works with everything (on my pale ass complexion Smile), and isn't overpowering unless you heap it on. I'm hitting the pan now though, so I'm just using a cheap aussie brand one that comes in a mosaic blush.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:10 am

I'm mildly interested, but i think I'll wait til they're selling cheaper on specktra.

kendra- can i reccomend you try either curél, bivea cream or savlon for your skin? i used to have dry skin on my legs and around my eyes, and the curel fixed my legs, the nivea my eyes. the savlon i use to kill pimples before they see the light of day.

sorry for off topic
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:25 am

Hm, and I thought the shadows were expensive here. I'm sticking to Urban Decay for the time being, because they give me exactly what I'm asking for in a shadow.

And contrary to your woes, I have combination skin, and I simply must use a lot of powder - otherwise I'll walk out of my house looking like an oil slick. Even with my primer, I still get a little shine going on - especially on my nose. By the end of the day, my foundation will be fine everywhere, but GONE from my nose. Hence the hefty dent in my MSFN.

And its quite hard finding a highlight with my olive-y, tone. I'm considering buying Cargo's bronzer for the job. Its a shit bronzer for me, but I'm sure it could tackle the job.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:29 am

girloflowers wrote:
I'm mildly interested, but i think I'll wait til they're selling cheaper on specktra.

kendra- can i reccomend you try either curél, bivea cream or savlon for your skin? i used to have dry skin on my legs and around my eyes, and the curel fixed my legs, the nivea my eyes. the savlon i use to kill pimples before they see the light of day.

sorry for off topic

I've reacted to pretty much everything Nivea I've tried so far (my skin is sensitive as well >.<), I will for sure look into the other two though! Thanks Lil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:42 am

curél is unfortunately only available in the states (i had a sample sent to me and am desperately trying to order myself a few tubes of it)

man, i'd die if i was allergic to nivea!
oh and the stuff solveig sent me... kaufmanns? that rocks too. non scented, non anything. rocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:47 am

God I'm such a n00b when it comes to MAC! I have no knowledge whatsoever about any of these collections you guys are talking about. x_x MAC is just too pricey for me, and the nearest place I can buy MAC products is like an hour away >_<

I did enjoy reading this thread, though. lol...

*walks away from thread in shame*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:48 am

hey, trish, you can get MAC for sometimes less than half price on specktra Smile it doesn't have to be ~too~ pricey. for me, its the only way i can get it unless it's a gift.

im seriously taking this thread off topic though so I'll run along now
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:53 am

I don't really like the idea of those MSFs, I just like having my powder and highlighter separate. I do love my MSFN though.

aw Tricia I'm like an hour away from any MAC counters too, or any good shopping in general. Georgia=poo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:29 am

I think I'm gonna buy a bunch more Cargo blushes - they give me a highlight and contour without even having to use anything seperate. I still like the idea of the powder, though, and will try to get my hands on it when its released!

Here's a few more collections to be released:

Starflash: I like Mink & Sable and Go [shadows].

Electroflash: Not really interested, but Two to Glow looks cute.

Cult of Cherry: Well...at least the lippies look neat..?

And here's some pics of the NV MSFN.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:30 am

Honestly, I went through Starflash and was like "I want......ALL OF'EM!" Like, I'm trying to go through it and pick out my favorites, but I can't cuz I just like'em all!:O
They all just look so nice to me.
ElectroFlash, eeeeeh, nothing too spesh to me.
Cult of Cherry, honestly, I'm kinda pumped, I'll probably get some of the lippers, and the Spiced Chocolate palette.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:12 pm

Here are some swatches of electroflash; http://www.temptalia.com/mac-cosmetics-electroflash-swatches

I'm def passing on that, two to glow, odd couple, and pink spilt are nice, but I'd rather not spend my money on them.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:32 pm

How horrendously plain! I'd rather just buy some UD shadows if that's all MAC has to offer.
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:35 pm

Hmm, they're pretty but not that exciting.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:18 pm

I'd rather blow my money on the cool heat slimshines and the mineralize blushes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Ohhh I can't wait to see the new slimshines, I need to take a proper look at the colours that are coming out.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 12:33 am

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-cosmetics-electroflash-user-swatches-pt-ii

Mmm I really like all of those lip colors, even though they're easily dupeable...

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-cosmetics-cult-of-cherry-swatches

Huh, I didn't know there were three quads, but Sharp looks amazinnng...
I still want the Chocolate quad, but I may have to get the Tempting one too...
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 12:44 am

I want those lip colors too, and the Tempting quad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 12:44 am

I prefer the tempting quad, actually. I've never seen a yellow thrown into such a neutral quad. I'd actually try to look into picking that up, it would work year round.

the lip colours are unimpressive, as I've seen them before.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 8:37 am

Uh huh, it's a really pretty shade! : )
I really like both quads, so I'll probably get both when the time comes, but I think those two will be the most popular and sell out rather fast.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Yeah, you're right. And now that I think about it, I'm trying to get a tonne of neutral palettes already...I can always just buy a yellow shadow from UD.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 3:23 pm

Lol yeah, that's why I like the chocolate one, becuasssse idk lots of pretty browns...
But they both have pretty browns in them. : )
That's why I want bothh.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 3:29 pm

Hee. I can't really wear brown eyeshadow. I've never found one dark enough to show up on me - well, at least for use in the crease. Brown eyeshadow usually makes me look like death. I figure I'll stick to this, this, and this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:   MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms: Empty

Back to top Go down

MAC New View MSFN/Colour Forms:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next