The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

help? updated-colour?

Go down 
+6
Alexa Nightmare.
electrikkk
PolyphonicThought
pinkhaired
Beb82
anjelik_dreamin
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

help? updated-colour? Empty
PostSubject: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:03 am

ok so, most of you probably know i want to model. I figured this would fit in the 'beauty' part of this section right?

I need opinions and help:
should i make my eyebrows thinner at all?
should i dye my hair back to brown and let it grow? Maybe with some highlights?
Should i consider bra's that aren't push up (oh woe!)?
Does my skin need halp?
Anything else?

in case you forogt what i look like:
help? updated-colour? Photo491

ok so we've established that I have to get rid of my pretty blue hair.
what shade of brown?
somethign dark like cameron diaz:
help? updated-colour? Cameron%20brunette

oor lighter like kate beckinsale/jolie:
Spoiler:

Last edited by girloflowers on Tue May 27, 2008 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:05 am

Maybe the natural hair, but I don't think you should have to change because one snooty model management company don't think your as awesome as we do. Why don't you try somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:12 am

I am trying other places, but i want to maximise my chances Razz this is all so i can get moniez for the makeup thing (and also cos i secretly really want to model)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:51 am

Leave your eyebrows
Dye your hair a natural kind of colour
Its up to you on the bra
and your skin is gorgeous as it is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:00 am

thanks sarah Smile nice and concise ahaha
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:20 am

Leave your eyebrows, they're part of your look and look great anyways. I actually like the dark colour for you but both would look lovely on you... I just think dark goes well with your brows and general colouring.

Skins looks fine to me anddddd don't worry too much about bras... just don't look too boobalicious at interviews/casting etc!
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:47 am

I love your eyebrows, and am quite envious of them too. Don't touch them they look good as is. As for your hair, if you really want to go back to a natural color try looking at baby photos, whatever color you had back then is gauranteed to look really good on you. Alot of hairdressers tell people that because your hair is usually either lighter or darker when your'e little.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:49 am

Oh, also on ANTM they are always telling girls to wear less makeup so they can see their natural look. I don't know how you looked when you went in, but maybe lighter more natural colors?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Brows are a signature thing, leave them. Brooke Sheilds, one of the biggest models ever, had bushy brows - and they became a TREND in the 80s. Never had em plucked, and wouldn't let anyone touch them until the late 90s, I believe.

Yeah, you need a natural hair colour just to get a company to look at you. They want to see you blue? They'll stuff you in a wig or play with photoshop.

Your skin is fine. When you go in to meet them, wear tinted moisturizer, a tinted lip balm, and mascara. That's all you need!

Oh, and tit support is a personal preference. They'll probably see you topless anyways!
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 2:48 pm

I didn't know you wanted to model! That's so cool, because I really want to as well! I happen to be addicted to ANTM and have been looking for places around here that may need a model or two.

Anyway, I think your brows are perfect. Your skin is fine, and the bra is your choice really.

You will most likely have to dye your hair back to a natural color, Puffy is completely right about the wig/photoshop deal. Some places might be more open than others, but if you want to go all the way to the top, natural is going to be your best bet.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:55 pm

eye brows and skin are fine the way they are!

again, the bra thing is up to you.

as for your hair, i'm really diggin' dark brown with over-powering lighter brown highlights, at the moment. if that makes any sense?
like hair that's so highlighted that it looks that colour.

help? updated-colour? DSCN2038
kinda like that. but with brown instead of blonde highlights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 6:39 pm

i have done some modeling in the past and RUSK for example spotted me in the mall and loved my unusual hair ( at the time it was bright orange) so if you really want to keep your current hair you should maybe try out for hair modeling also?I think you have a really cool look! you should keep trying no matter what!
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:04 am

I agree, natural would be best, at least until you get signed. you can always take photos along and be like, this is what i'm like witht hese colours blahdeblah... you know?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:10 pm

Have you got a portfolio of pictures (good ones)? Are you on sites like Model Mayhem? I think a good way to get your foot in the door would be to do trade shoots (every one works for a photo) first to build up your picture base. Then when they can see what you can do, and you can see if you actually enjoy it, it'll be easier to impress them.

Also, unless your going for alternative fashion modelling, I'd go with a natural colour. Maybe you should get some really commercial shots as well, when you're starting out I imagine that is what you'll be doing the most of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 3:45 pm

cool. Now i just need help choosing a shade really.

I'm conning a friend who is a photographer into taking some better photos for me.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Shweet, I'd go with dark, it's different enough (with your pale skin and eyes) to make you stand out from lots of other aspiring models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Ok, should i get a hairdresser to do it, or just throw on a bottle dye for now?

I thiiink I'll go for the bottle dye, because i wanna get this done quicly and hairdressers is tres expensive.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:05 am

dont forget to deep condition nod
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:08 am

shall do, i might even get a hot oil treatment. i've been using leave in conditioner every day - but i mixed blue hair dye into one of them. in the bin it goes!

... unless someone in australia has blue hair and wants it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 3:08 am

*cries*
help? updated-colour? Photo526

whyyyy

aah i look horrible.
someone might want to move this to hair.

i would take a full face picture but ym face is all red and blotchy now.
I LOOK RIDICULOUS.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 3:42 am

oh no, why didn't it cover?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 3:51 am

i have no idea Sad

im thinkign I'll just bleach it all and dye it again.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 7:43 am

Try washing it with dishwashing soap for a week or so, and THEN bleaching it. It helps to get the colour to "loosen".

And it's not THAT bad.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 12:56 pm

Anyone else think it looks cool? I like it. But you should probably dye over it or bleach or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? EmptyFri May 30, 2008 4:16 pm

yeah its not that it looks bad (even though i don't like it ) but i needed a natural colour

i washed about 5 times with dandruff shampoo this morning so I'll see how it looks dry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help? updated-colour?   help? updated-colour? Empty

Back to top Go down

help? updated-colour?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next