The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

good quality pigment/eyeshadow?

Go down 
+3
Gloomyjewel
anjelik_dreamin
shadowsforsale
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

good quality pigment/eyeshadow? Empty
PostSubject: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:44 am

So as part of my rethought major artwork i'll be doing some very smexical makeup artistry on my self and using the photos as part of a mixed media piece.

im going to need some really good quality, bright pigments or eyeshadows...

but i don't want to spend over say, MAX $30 AUD on each colour. preferrably less...

im not sure which colours i'll be using but i wanted to get an idea of prices...

also which brushes can you guys reccomend for fine detailed work and for getting a good coverage with a colour?

and completely unrelated but i need a bronzer and a highlighter Razz

so itd be sweet if you could reccomend those too Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:46 am

Well I'm absolutely loving Napoleon brushes atm.
AAAAAAAAND their shadows too. And all their shadows are $24 each. They show up really well - especially when used with good quality brushes.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:50 am

I like my couple of Fyrinnae pigments. I use them wet and dry, and to make them wet, I just ran out and bought a little bitty bottle of contact solution, and use a drop and it works wonders. I use painting brushes with them, water color brushes to be specific, coz it's cheaper to get them at work with my discount than drive the 45 minutes to Sephora and spend $15+ on one brush.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:55 am

does fyrinnae have a website? and how much are ze pgiments?

and thanks jade i'll look into napoleon, we have one at the mall ^.^

are the brushes expensive?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:56 am

Well I just bought an angled brush and an eyeshadow brush for my birthday at $25 each, but they're AWESOME quality.
And they have this great blending brush that I want (made from real squirrel fur apparently) which is $40. But I think basic eye make-up brushes are $25.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:56 am

http://www.fyrinnae.com/

There you go, dearie! I really do love those colors. I have a list that pretty much covers a sheet of printer paper..and my handwriting is really quite small.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 1:59 am

eeexcellent!!

thanks both of you!
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:06 am

Yeah, i love lisabeth for mentioning Fyrinnae. They are the bomb.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:38 am

that site is AMAZING

i already have like 8 on my wishlist
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:43 am

I already own about 20-30...and I'm ordering heaps more soon. At first some colours seem like they apply shitly, but it's just they all sorta have different techniques eg. some look better wet, some look better patted on, some swiped etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:44 am

they don't ahve the shade of orange i want that is allowed to be put on the eyes :/

reckon mac or napoleoon might?

so far i want:

Still Breathing Loose Eye Shadow

Professional Colours: Bite Me

Professional Colours: Shrouded In Gold

Runed Torc Loose Eye Shadow

Chlorophyll Loose Eye Shadow

Finnegan's Wake Loose Eye Shadow

Magenta Gauntlets? Loose Eye Shadow

Pyro Loose Eye Shadow

Inks Liquid Eyeliner: Brazen Burgundy

Hot-Tempered Colour: Sarcasm
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:48 am

Some people do apply it on their eyes, but i would really proceed with caution. Why don't you try those cheapo makeup brands like Gasp? They tend to have bright colours, and seeing it's only for photos, they should be fine!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:50 am

yeah but the photos are going to be semi- professional Razz

i intend to send them in for my HSC hehe

so i need it to look fully sick bra Razz
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 9:17 am

MAC has Everything. So yeah I think they would have the colour you want
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 10:32 am

mac def. they have tonnes of colours...I just hope you can get everything you want ;-;
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Keep mind it'll take AGES for Fyrinnae stuff to get here...approx a month?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 9:38 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
mac def. they have tonnes of colours...I just hope you can get everything you want ;-;

yeah its just that mac is so expensive over here... its like $34 for one pigment...

but spanks Smile

and i'm willing to wait a month for my makeuo since we don't ahve to start til next year and i can rpactice with my lame makeup in the meantime
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 10:54 pm

DP// YAY

i'm getting my whole list and then some!!

this is so sick, this means that not only will my major work be rokcin, i'll have some sahweeet eyeshadows to use.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 12:17 am

AWESOME! Im so excited now =D
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 12:19 am

Lil, you can always get MAC pigment 'samples' off... whatever your main online auction site is there. They're not really samples, it's where someone went into a MAC store and got a whole pot and eeks them out into tiny little jars and makes heaps of money off people who don't want to spend $40 odd. It's pretty morally grey, but it does mean you can get pretty pigments for cheap.

Damn expensive MAC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pm

YAY WE JUST ORDERED THEMMM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 3:38 pm

Le_Saboteur wrote:
Lil, you can always get MAC pigment 'samples' off... whatever your main online auction site is there. They're not really samples, it's where someone went into a MAC store and got a whole pot and eeks them out into tiny little jars and makes heaps of money off people who don't want to spend $40 odd. It's pretty morally grey, but it does mean you can get pretty pigments for cheap.

Damn expensive MAC.

Tbh, MAC pigments seem to be in like huge pots, and everytime I look at them and consider getting one, I just think "I'm never gonna use all that." and feel like it's silly paying so much for one. I might ask for some for christmas though. Although, I find loose eyeshadow can be such a mess sometimes. Sad

I do luuuuuurve MAC though.

Also, is it true that they're going to start discontinuing shadesticks?
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 3:47 pm

Some of them are being discontinued (or already have been) but not all of them. Thats what I read from MAC chats people from Specktra did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 3:49 pm

it's the paints they're eventually gonna phase out isn't it?

can't say i'm fussed... the colours were all a bit blahhh?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 4:03 pm

But the paints are like, really new. At least in the UK they are, I think. confused2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: good quality pigment/eyeshadow?   good quality pigment/eyeshadow? Empty

Back to top Go down

good quality pigment/eyeshadow?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next