The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how do i look good in the heat?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ace-of-s

how do i look good in the heat? Empty
PostSubject: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Well, I work at Busch Gardens. (Congo River Rapids) to be more specific and I am outside all day. In florida that means its HOT, and I get sweaty and gross. What can I do to look fresh when its that hot? I sort of cant wear foundation, concealer, alot of eyeshadow because it basically melts off.
Yeah, as I mentioned, I am outside, so alot of guests come to the ride and I need to look presentable, but not like i'm melting. lol and i know sunscreen is a must for i burn easy.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 1:34 pm

You could get waterproof mascara and eyeliner but besides that I really don't know
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 1:47 pm

well. I switched over to CG trublend foundation, because its lasted me in the heat. carry blotting sheets and a TRANSLUCENT powder compact with you - a normal powder compact, after wiping off sweat, will make you look all grody.

waterproof mascara is good, try CG lash exact or Maybelline's turbo boost or define a lash.

and for an eyeliner that wont smudge too much, try maybelline's unstoppable eyeliner - it works wonders.

a foundation to stay away from [because its horrible to wear in the heat] is maybelline's pure makeup foundation. that shit is murder. if its even remotely humid [Im in louisiana, so its ALWAYS humid], then youre dont for.

and use a tinted balm with spf 15 in it, to protect your lips! Very Happy

hope I helped some!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 2:04 pm

wooo jealous! id love a job like that Razz
mmmm makes me wanna go on it!

i have no idea about makeup...but waterproofs would probably be very useful.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Plthub

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 3:01 pm

Try looking for a more high-end powder foundation rather than liquid because liquid has a tendency to slide off in the heat. I’m a huge advocate of Bare Escentuals.

Also, like Poly said, you should carry around blotting papers. For shiny people like myself they’re a godsend.

You should try different primers. They’re designed to give your makeup something to adhere to when your skin is really oily or sweaty. Urban Decay makes an awesome eyeshadow primer. Shiseido makes a wicked mascara primer and Smashbox is supposed to make a good foundation primer (though I haven’t tried the Smashbox one).

I also know there’s makeup setter stuff. Like, they make mists in a can you can spray onto your face to set your make up that helps it hold up longer. I don’t know much about it though. I heard about it on Oprah. ^^0

You can also try blush and lipgloss stains, which are less likely to slide off in the heat because they erm- stain your skin (sorry, that sounds bad). Tarte makes a nice cheek stain.
Back to top Go down
aisling

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 3:22 pm

Smashbox is god, but I dunno if it'll really help your situation. It more or less makes your skin look really smooth, by filling in fine lines and just evening out your skin in general.

You could maybe get a tinted moisturizer with spf in it? I don't know if that kind exists (I mean with spf) but tinted moisturizers seem good..

And I agree very much so with Rachel about the lip stains. Those are good. Revlon makes one, it's like, Just Bitten or something like that. My sister has it, it seem really good. Although, you'll want your teeth to be really white if you use it. It's bright bright red, haha. My sis has yellow teeth from smoking Razz

The blotting sheets are definitely a great idea. Those are amazing for humid days.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 3:48 pm

mhm, like rachel, my skin is really oily, because Ive large pores. so I use clean and clear's blotting sheets [gonna try biore's soon].

and really, to set your makeup, you can use a mist of water cheap and free, hello!? even hairspray, but that wont save you - there's no point!

you could try a foundation to powder compact. and if you wanna splurge a little, try neutrogena's mineral sheers, for a powder foundation.

for a mascara with a primer, try maybelline's XXL like in waterproof. its good to me, but you do have to put forth some effort to cover up the primer - you'd need a lash comb, too.

and to further aisling's suggestion, try CG smoothers tinted moisturizer makeup with spf 15. its actually really good! set it with CG translucent powder and youre good.

and if you'd like a decent blush..anything by physician's formula will work for you.
Back to top Go down
ace-of-s

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 5:42 pm

Yeah, i use water proof mascara. and eyeliner... The blotting sheets are a good idea. If only it wasnt so hot down here in FL. gah. The ideas are very helpful...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 11:48 am

MAC Liquidlast Liner

That stuff WILL NOT come off!

I spent two weeks in South Beach, Florida swimming, running, shopping, sweating and it stayed on.

Trust me, rub your eyes, cry, take a shower, that eyeliner won't come off until you use an actual makeup remover.

No matter what you do to your eyes while you have it on, it'll still look like you just applied it.

No budging, smearing, fading , or flaking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 12:31 pm

Use L'oreals mineral foundation...it stays on all day and its pwder too so it wont go shiny so easily!!
Back to top Go down
ace-of-s

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 1:07 pm

Sarah_Smile wrote:
Use L'oreals mineral foundation...it stays on all day and its pwder too so it wont go shiny so easily!!

10-4 That is a good idea
Back to top Go down
Plthub

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 11:11 pm

I'll have to try the regular water thing Sarah. I'll tell you guys if I see a difference in how my makeup holds up.

And Jenna, have you tried MAC's fluidline? If so, can you tell me how liquidlast compares?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 10:50 am

MAC's fluidline is pretty much the same thing. (performance wise)

Most of MAC's liquid eyeliner comes out very very very good.

It takes a few seconds for it to dry but it's worth it.

Just try not to make many mistakes because it sucks trying to remove that stuff....
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 2:01 pm

Girl, you should totally avoid foundation if you can.

The heats just gonna open up your pores and you dont want any of that nasty stuff sinking into them or yo skin will be worse than it started out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 9:44 pm

you should dye your hair some crazy ass color and no one will even notice that youre melting

like purple :]
Back to top Go down
ace-of-s

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 10:14 pm

sort of cant do that at a theme park. lol the higher ups frown upon that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i look good in the heat?   how do i look good in the heat? Empty

Back to top Go down

how do i look good in the heat?
Page 1 of 1