The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

eyeshadow help!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

eyeshadow help!!! Empty
PostSubject: eyeshadow help!!!   eyeshadow help!!! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:59 am

Okay, so I really love the bright colors, but I have a problem...
I can get my eyelids looking even, but when I extend the shadow up the shape never looks the same on both sides. Now I don't have completely symetrical eyes, but it should be easier than this. I really don't want to have to go back to wearing boring (only my opinion) light colored neutrals. Anyone have any tips? Ideas?
I know at least a few of you are taking courses....so....help!
This is driving me crazy!
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

eyeshadow help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyeshadow help!!!   eyeshadow help!!! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:04 pm

Have you tried just cleaning up the shapes with a damp q-tip after you've finished on both eyes? It's easy to get them the same that way. If you don't want harsh lines you can just blend them a little after you are done.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

eyeshadow help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyeshadow help!!!   eyeshadow help!!! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:06 pm

I do blend them, but they still don't look right....I dunno...
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

eyeshadow help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyeshadow help!!!   eyeshadow help!!! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Okay, it depends what shape your going for, but the standard way to do it is this... *rushes off to make a diagram in paint*

You can do this before or after you put the rest of your eyeshadow colours on.

eyeshadow help!!! 25z34u9

Step 1) Look straight ahead into the mirror, and make a mark with whatever colour you want to go in the crease just above the fold of your eyelid, directly above your pupil. Unless you're going for a really heavy look, mark this very lightly.
Step 2) Make an imaginary line going from the bottom of your nose to the outer corner of your eye (and if you have well shaped eyebrows, that's where the tip of those should end, too).

eyeshadow help!!! F37yc4

Step 3) Mark out the line (again, lightly) between the corner of your eye and your eyebrow, stopping about 2/3 of the way up. For a good, everyday shape stick to this line- blend inward instead of outward, or it'll look funny (unless you're going for an avant garde look).
Step 4) Go back to the first mark you made (above the pupil) and pull that mark out so it joins up with the line. That should mark out your shape pretty well, now just... go ahead and slap on everything else!

Hope that helped o.O It was shown to us, never written down, so I don't know if that came through very clearly.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

eyeshadow help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyeshadow help!!!   eyeshadow help!!! EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

eyeshadow help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyeshadow help!!!   eyeshadow help!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

eyeshadow help!!!
Page 1 of 1