The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hair extensions!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 10:06 pm

OK!

so this is a thread asking advice from puffy mostly, or any aussies who have extensions/ ahve friends with em.

i really desperately want hair extensions that end just under my tits, and i want them to be sort of curly.

but i also one one rainbow coon tail sort of thing in the front.

anyone know how much that could cost?

and how to care for them?

my hair is about as long as the base of my neck now, with eye length fringe/bangs that sit to the sides, and its curly/wavy like lisbeths hair.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 12:03 am

now, to get them done professionally will set you back $250-500 american for a rip off. if you went to a black - I mean, "ethnic" salon, it would be $130+ american. doing it at home will be much easier on your wallet, and if you'd rather do it on your own, youve got to know what youre doing, so see if you can find anything on YT.

if you want hair that long, look for for 10-12 inch tracks. I prefer 8, right past my shoulders, because thats as long as I can handle [and the shortest length available].

the rainbow thing I dunno, you may have to use spray colour for that effect, which is what Im doing with my bangs - it lasts me a good 2-3 days. but talk to a hair dresser, they may be able to work some magic! but once again, if you just take the sprays when your hair is done, and do it in the coon style, and add a little sheen spray, it'll look great. with my black extensions and green on my bangs its barely noticable but it looks really cool.

now caring for extensions.

you have to pin your hair down every night,
and wrap it with some kind of scarf, this way when you wake up in the morning you dont have too much work. plus, it keeps your hair looking nicer for much longer.

do NOT let your scalp get wet,
and avoid humidity - if you get your hair glued in, then humidity and water will loosen the glue, which keeps the look from lasting. you could get away with that if they were sewn in, but not much, because that'll make the extensions look like shit eventually. getting ends wet is alright, but once again, not all the time!

when you shower, pin your hair up and leave the door open so the humidity wont ruin your hair. hell, if you wrapped your hair the night before, this wont even be a problem.

you can blow dry and straighten as usual with your usual products, but dont be too rough - you risk pulling hair and irritating your scalp.

and also, you could make your own clip in extensions - someone on here posted a link to a really good tut you could use. a little more pricey, but you can take them out and put them in as you like, and experiment with different styles. look into that as well!

I cant think of anything else right now cos its almost one am Razz
but hope I helped some!
Back to top Go down

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 12:11 am

what so i can't wash them????

i was gunna get them braided/sewn in!

and the coontail like bleached and dyed in a rainbow with temp colours eg manic panic or fudge o.O

the hairdresser dude i talked to said they could last up to five months but why can't i wash them? thats festy!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 2:07 pm

ohh I thought you'd be getting them glued in, haha.

in that case, you can wash the hair and all that good stuff!

sorry, I was half asleep and I didnt know what you planned, haha Razz

man, now that Im looking at it, I was rambling a lot! I'll edit it some for yah Very Happy

and wet hair is alright! but although its human hair it may look a tad shoddy after a lot of washes so make it a point to wash the hair once a week and dont let water get to your scalp - oils will build up and oil = itchy itchy
Back to top Go down

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 10:35 pm

how often would i need to have them fixed up?
like re sewn or whatever? and how likely ae they to fuck up my hair?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 10:52 pm

sewn in will last you a good few months with proper care.

whenever you feel that your hair is too shitty or when you realized your braids are kind of loose [that means your real hair is growing out!], then its time! I just know when its hard to keep my style up.

sewn is best for long lasting.
clips are best for people with changing tastes/styles.
glued in is for a short while, doesnt last longer than a month on me [or anyone else I know!].
Back to top Go down

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 12:29 am

excellent

spankyou puffy!

i love you

eeee i can't wait im so excited
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 12:51 am

np ma'am! glad I could be of service! n.n
Back to top Go down

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 1:54 am

does this site seem any good?

how many weft thingies am i likely to need?

http://www.africanbraiding.com.au/?gclid=CK_Pl8yOto8CFRNNYAodDTfnbQ
Back to top Go down

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 5:26 am

oooops dp

and and what if i want them out of my hair? and can you see the real hair under it if its in a ponytail?

cos i only want them til my hair has grown fair long. so i know that means i'll probably have to have them fixed up quite a bit and suchlike.
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 7:33 am

pfffft.
don't get a coon tail.
your far too pretty for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
PolyphonicThought

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 1:50 pm

no, when its sewn in, you cant see your real hair.

and when you want them out, go to your hairdresser and LET THEM DO IT. trust me on this one.

and as of packs of hair? no more than two, maybe three. go with three or four to be safe - then any hair left over, you can use the next time you want extensions.

but if you go to the salon they may provide the hair for you.

...gah. cant believe how much they charge you. my mum's friend can sew in my hair for $30, and then if I want it done at the salon, it'll be $130, or $7 for each track of hair. goshes.
Back to top Go down

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 7:56 pm

arr i wish it wasn't so expensive.. cos i really want this!!

and if i shouldn't get a coontail then maybe like a little red streak or something hehe
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:44 pm

I think a streak would work better with curly hair than a coontail, as well as suiting your face better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 10:23 pm

excellent Smile

thankyooooo jess Smile
Back to top Go down

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 2:17 am

Ugh I had real hair extensions. So hard to maintain and the glue melted together so it was like a dredlock. I had to cut them out Very Happy Luckily i don't mind random bits of super short hair sections!

I have a friend Lizzibrains ((ugh I love her)) who colours clip in hair extensions. She does a pretty good job + cheap too. I think her myspace is myspace.com/triggerhappyapparel

+ or - the apparel part, i can't remember.

P.s. If you want a coontail, get one.

I have REAL coontails, but I don't wear them in my hair. Heheh.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 2:28 am

yeah, sewn in is much better. I hate gluing - its quick to do, but for me, after two weeks, its murder. it clumps in my real hair and leaves it looking gross. but Ive also learned that washing sewn in hair can be a hassle, because the water can loosen up the braids and thread a bit.

and yes, you're better off with clip ins, cos they're much easier to deal with [and you can wash your damned hair without problems].

damn, I still need to make my bangs green...
Back to top Go down

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 2:46 am

mum won't let me get them :/

so im getting a graphics tab instead

maybe i'll just get super long clip ins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hair extensions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair extensions!   Hair extensions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hair extensions!
Page 1 of 1