The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions

Go down 
+2
PolyphonicThought
Aelwyndaeira
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions Empty
PostSubject: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 6:18 pm

Okay, so my mom wants extensions. She has super thin and fine hair, and wants it thicker. She has permed it her whole life trying to make it "look thicker" (but we all know that just makes it look thin and curly).

Soooooo---she wants to do the kind that you can put in and take out on your own. A girl at a salon suggested to go to a Beauty Supply and buy the extensions that are on a "band", and then attach them to "clips".

So what the hell do we need to buy? And how do we attach the band of hair to the clip? How should it be cut? And where should it be put?

She doesn't want any added length, JUST volume, and her hair is a tad longer than mine (just above the shoulder blades/shoulder area).

HELP!
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 6:22 pm

Im no pro on clips and all - so go to Sally's, and they'll help you with everything. Promise.

once thats out of the way, just clip it where you want it! when I glue my hair in, I start in the back, and work my way to the front.

dont cut the hair until its all in - you can buy it according to length. the shortest Ive seen is 8 inches, which is just past my shoulders, to my chest. if you cant get shorter than that, then cut the hair AFTER its clipped in. then, when she wants it out, she can take the hair out according to the length, and its ready for her the next day.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 6:37 pm

My friend used clipy extensions,
and it ended up pulling a bunch of hair out,
and now she has bald spots.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 7:35 pm

wow...jamie......that's...gross. NO BALD SPOTS, PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 2:30 pm

mine are clippy in ones.

mine came with clippies on it but thankfully i didnt need to cut them.

the best place to have a look at would maybe be madradhair. thats where i learnt about extensions.

and its not like hair clip hair clips...special extensiony ones.

and ive never had hair come out with the clips...unless you like ripped them out (which i could see cos i kept getting hugged at the ball wearing them and omg it killed) but if you unclip them properly to remove them i dont think you'd have a problem.

http://community.livejournal.com/madradhair/14681266.html
this is a good entry for showing what you need and how to do it.
and it shows the clippies.

although i agree about going to sally's if you have it.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 2:35 pm

thats basically it, how keeks posted it?

did she use reg clips, Jamie?

cos uhm. thats prolly why.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 6:19 pm

Thanks everyone!

Okay, I checked on Sally's site, and there's a store in Burlington (super close to here), so I think we'll go there next week.

Question: How much do the extensions cost for themselves? Synthetic is fine....but there's no prices on the Sally site.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 6:24 pm

it varies from store to store. you should get real hair; they'll last longer. but one bag shouldnt be more than say, $10.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 6:31 pm

Ooo...and when we go, I want to check out These!!!! Awesome....I want the Crimson Storm and Candy Apple Red!

Or This!...I love that no pre-lightening is required.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 7:39 pm

lol I have no idea what she did,
they came with clips, so yeah, but she probably just ripped them out.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 8:24 pm

Aelwyndaeira wrote:

Or This!...I love that no pre-lightening is required.

OMG...that's what I use!!! I LOVE it!!!
It's so bright and pretty but you have to take really good care of it, like color protecting shampoos, spf hair stuff blah blah blah, and since it's lifting you should condition your hair really good!

I like mixing the colors but the magenta comes out magenta, the red is red, the copper is orange and I don't think I've used the red copper.
Or mixing the highlighting colors with the more natural colors so it looks pretty in normal lighting but when the sun hits it it's like BAM
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 5:49 am

omg i wanna dye my hair with that candy apple red!
bad bad shauna!

i have a small obsession with red atm. i wanna go out and buy some red shoes this afternoon.
and really want red hair.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Heeheehee....share the red love!

I adore red hair, and the brighter the better! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 10:57 am

i really wanna but ive spent so much time and money (well my parents have) on getting it blonde i dont wanna totally mess it up.

i guess ill speak to my hairdresser when im in next time for a trim Razz
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 2:46 pm

wait, puffy,
am i seeing things or did you say a bag of REAL hair at Sally's is only $10 or so?!
whaaaaaaaaat?!
my extensions, i'm getting later this month, are real hair and are going to be AT LEAST $150.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 3:32 pm

YEPPPP.

my mum got hers from sally's and just told me the average price is really 11.99. sooo I was two dollars off...close nuff Razz

plus a bottle of glue,
and it doesnt cost me more than $20 to do my own extensions.

Im telling you, all of you are being ripped off!

Keeks, I think I'll make a sticky here later for how to keep extensions lasting longer, will that be alright?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 6:29 pm

i got mine from sallys here and for 3 packets...

like i think they are real hair with clips...where...$30 each. but thats the uk-us prices there. buuuullshit.

but i suppose if you're getting them put in professionally it will be a lot more.

and yeh of course. i think mod has to make it sticky..but ill do it. if you just type a big extensions faq...if you can do that. like madrad links (go to madrad via my link and go to memories and theres some, link those) and whatever you know about them...and ill sticky it.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyFri Sep 07, 2007 7:24 pm

oo okay, goodie! Im tired of my girlies wastin cash on extensions that last a week when they can either do it themselves or just soak up a little know how.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 11:00 am

My extensions are real hair and were £20 for the hair and £10 for 24 clips, and thats like really cheap for extensions here! And they've lasted me like 3 months!! Ive just bought new ones as ive had more blonde put in more hair.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 11:41 am

girls are surprised when I tell them my glue ins last for a month! if you know how to treat them and how to protect from humidity, they can last a while! ;]
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptySun Sep 09, 2007 11:51 am

ick my extensions are all scraggley after the ball.

kind of gives me that wavy look...but kind just look nasty Razz

and sarah...mine were £16 each and included clips and are real hair. i dunno how long they lasted because if curling them and spraying them up and stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyMon Sep 10, 2007 10:55 am

Were yours £16 for the whole head or per row??
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 4:14 pm

per row.

i thought that was ok considering i only needed 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 10:18 am

See mine were £20 for the whole head, and you get like 8 rows worth of hair in that but like you have to sow the clips on yourslef but i saved loads so I didnt mind
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions EmptyTue Sep 18, 2007 11:13 am

Alright, so we went to Sally's today---and holy crap, that place is cheap!

The lady there was trying to sell us $96 hair extensions with clips already on. Then I found real hair extensions with no clips (ie. for gluing or sewing in) for $13.50 a package! And in the package was about 2 meters of 10" hair!!!! So we got two packages (not realizing how much was in a package until we opened it on the way home), and some clips. So now I need to figure out the sewing on of clips. The hair is the PERFECT length for her, so I don't think we'll need to cut it or anything.

Weeeeeee!

Now I want extensions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions   I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm being a lazy boo----Qs about extensions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Hair-
Jump to: