The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:

Go down 
+2
asoftrevolution
PolyphonicThought
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: Empty
PostSubject: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 4:24 pm

http://teamsugar.com/node/394090

tired of wondering which is guilty and which isnt?

well, there you go.

its depressing, it really is.

too lazy to click? here's some mentioned in the blog:

Max Factor, L'Oreal, Lancome, Sally Hansen, Garnier, CoverGirl, Suave, Oil of Olay, Clairol, Aveeno, ROC, Clean & Clear, Lubriderm, Dove, Pantene, Dial, Softsoap...

those are some of the guilty ones we use every day - frustrating, isnt it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 4:49 pm

L'Oreal has joined the dark side...again.
Back to top Go down
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

Number of posts : 979
Name : Kat
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 5:15 pm

damn you dove! you're the only type of soap that doesn't make my skin break out in hives, and you have to test on animals? dammmmnnn yoouuuu.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 5:20 pm

yeeeah. Ive never cared for l'oreal anyways [they's such troublemakers Razz], but CG, SH, and dove? tear. haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 6:04 pm

well you know...the more expensive something is the easier it is to find better ways to test it...

I really hate that some of my favorite brands test on animals

that's ok though...I'm getting new make-up when school starts

but I do love my L'Oreal Highcolors

although if it's any consolation to anyone...
some of those companies may not directly test on animals but instead have ingrediants that come from companies that test on animals...it's still not right but it's not as bad...I guess

and lists of who do and don't test on animals get updated everyday so it's hard to find out how accurste anything really is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 8:42 am

Well, over here in Belgium you have arather inexpensive brand with good products that don't test on animals.

Miss Helen, it's only sold over here in the store Hema ...

I didn't expect that a cheap and good brand like that didn't tested on animals. So I'm quite pleased that I have found one ...

I'm actually quite shocked that Dove does ...
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 8:58 am

r!nGw0rM wrote:
some of those companies may not directly test on animals but instead have ingrediants that come from companies that test on animals

I think this is what sucks the most.

Products might say they're free from animal testing but in reality almost every product will have an ingredient which has been tested on animals at some point along the line.
So really, there's only a handful of genuine, completely animal friendly manufacturers out there. :/
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 9:44 am

its almost impossible to find a product that isn't tested on animals at somepoint..whether its the finished product, the ingredients or chemicals in the ingredients.

i don't really care about animal testing so much..dunno about other countries, but in britain now, everything is tested on rats. and even then the conditions for them are really good. you need permission to even use one and a decent reason for using them, there are rules on how you treat them and really they have a better life than alot of pets. when it does come to testing products/medicines, its done in the least stressful way to the animal and they are killed in the most humane way possible. more rats are killed every year from pest control than testing. i don't mean to spark an arguement, its just my opinion that animal testing is ok when its done according to the law. also, i know a fair bit about it cause they do animal testing on the course im doing at uni..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 12:33 pm

and gill, I think thats great that they take care of the animals and may actually have a decent reason for it. I just hate the idea of animals being killed because of cosmetics - the fact that they're killed humanely where you are totally makes me feel better.

go go britain, yah?
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 1:12 pm

Apparently Greece is horrific for that kinda thing. They've got no laws and animals are just slaughtered or treated really inhumanely. :'(

I'm super gutted about it. I use Korres cleansers and moisturizers and they're 100% Greek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 1:52 pm

How is it being killed humanely if they are dying FROM the testing? Maybe I'm daft but that makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 8:00 am

generally the testing is done so they feel no pain. they're drugged so they don't feel any pain. when they're finished testing the reactions of the animals they kill them in the quickest way possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 10:00 pm

Its nice that they try to make it more humane, but in reality, there are other ways to test shit without it being on animals. I forget what the process is called.

In 8th grade, a bunch of girls found out about Revlon testing on animals. A whole fleet of complaints in letter form was sent to the company, and to my knowledge, they don't test anymore. I'm not saying it was the letters that got the company to stop, but I think consumer comments have a great deal to do with how the whole show is run.

Sorry, I hope this doesn't sound too preachy, but put yourself in the rats position. I most certainly would not like it.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 10:28 pm

nope, no testing for revlon! there is better way to do it, I think - if you think it could be harmful to humans, just dont use it. but even then, at least they're trying to be more humane with it, even if they arent stopping completely.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 1:04 am

I definitely give the UK props for making it more humane. One step closer to it being eliminated completely!
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 8:32 am

Ohhh, god, in my ethic class last year we were being taught about it, and some stupid girl was like "I'd ratehr die of Cancer than one mouse die" and I was like your so fucking stupid, no you wouldn't, graaahhh!

I mean, It is wrong, there's no two ways but I think alot of people are really silly about it. It has happened, and alot of it isn't the fault of those companies, as Gillian said. And alot of websites and such make out it happens more than it should. There is only something like 1 or 2 testing centres in England that test on animals now and that's all for medicines and drugs to stop things like cancer and aids. I think if a cure can be found for that, to save millions of people, it's worth it. If there was a Vaccination for these things, we wouldn't have the problems in thrid world countries that we do, or with people contracting cancer and becoming ill.

I don't agree with it with cosmetics but I think alot worse is happening in the world.

and heck, just buy Body Shop!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:   COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING: Empty

Back to top Go down

COSMETICS GUILTY OF ANIMAL TESTING:
Page 1 of 1