The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I think...

Go down 
+3
shadowsforsale
PolyphonicThought
Kirsty
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I think... Empty
PostSubject: I think...   I think... EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 7:47 pm

It seems the forum's changing a bit, and don't ask me in what ways, because I couldn't single them out.

Anyways, we should have an anonymus topic someplace for everyone to post how they're feeling about the forum, and their outlook on it all.

Anonymus so nobody takes offense?

Ohh, and feel free to tell me if this is a completely stupid idea.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 7:55 pm

i dont know if i can make that....but you can log into the miss girly or mature content accounts if you wish to post anything here.

or i think you can log out and make a post in this section...its just the girl talk and such that are "private".
you should just have to type in a username...but you can just write anon.

please post here.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 8:00 pm

I guess I can understand where everyone is coming from. but the only changes Ive noticed is how everyone feels about xenia. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 8:02 pm

personally, i dont see anything.
i mean...we have a few new members but none of them seem to have caused a fuss or annoyed anyone and im sure we'd know if they did.
yeh the only thing has been the discussion of a name change which was just discussion and not definate...
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 8:08 pm

ahhhh. num. now, no one really annoys me. people have maybe said things that irk people [for example, some of the comments about weed being excusable in Kara's topic], and I'm sure Ive prolly said some irritating shit since my annoying breakup, but I dont think anything too major has gone down.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 8:10 pm

yeh i know what you mean...like I was pissed off and emotional a few days back and I was a bitch to Brittni but I pm'd her and apologised.
we all have our moments.
and yeh theres obviously going to be clashes of opinions and views but thats normal.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 8:36 pm

mhm. oo! I need to PM yoo! rawr.

if fact, the fact that everyone on the forum is so opinionated,
is why I stay!

that, and I just cant stay away from product reviews. :]
Back to top Go down
pedestri

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 10:38 pm

i dunno. i mean, i'm on the forum every day unless i'm on vacation, and i haven't noticed any sort of a change. we have some new members, which i think is cool, and we're not xenia's fanclub, which i also think is probably good, but i dont really know how else we've changed. maybe because we've grown, some people feel like we're not as close and family-like, but i think we've managed to maintain that very well.

also, i think that given that we are a forum full of pms-ing, hormoney, "had a bad day" girls, we have done remarkably well at avoiding drama and stuff. i mean, we've disagreed about stuff, but its never gone into an argument or personal attacks.

i guess if we had that topic, i probably wouldnt have anything to post because i dont think we have any problems that i cant post without people getting pissy. i mean, i think if i felt like it i could be like "KIKI YOU SUCK!" (you dont, btw!) and nothing terrible would happen. but maybe that's just me?
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 10:49 pm

I don't think any of us have had problems that got openly nasty, actually. And, given the number of girls on this forum, that's kind of amazing sometimes. And things have changed a bit, but everything in life evolves, and so far it hasn't been for the worst that I've seen, so until something goes wrong(knock on wood), I won't make a huge fuss over the changes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:29 am

I dont have any problems but i agree, if anyone does feel craptastique or something, an anonymous thread would be good...

but only if it had a rule like ONLY post under miss girly or something
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 7:04 am

well thats what i said...post here if you want to say anything. you should be able to log out and post in this section or log into miss girly or something.

and i agree with you rachel. well...i mean, if you had opinions against something i'd said, and voiced them, it's not like i'd come and kill you in your sleep just because you disagreed with me. im a big girl...i know people have varying opinions. however if you started personally insulting me or going off on how much you hated me then that might be a different matter...cos thatd be drama and stuff...but if you're jokingly saying you suck then thats no big deal.

but yeh im not seeing changes either...

BUT IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PROBLEMS YOU HAVE WITH THINGS IN THE FORUM...POST ANONYMOUSLY HERE!
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 7:50 am

only thing that bothers me is the amount of boys joining.
and even then, it doesnt bother me exactly..
i just worry that some girlies will want to post something and have to check what they say for fear of their boys seeing..
but yeh, so long as they're fine with that i guess its not an issue..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 8:17 am

One of the biggest problems I have, is that people are scared of posting their opinions sometimes. I've noticed a couple of times, that I've had a conflicting opinion to other people, so I voiced it after a while, and only then did other people come out and say that they agree.
It's as if people are afraid that they won't be accepted if they voice a conflicting opinion.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I must stress, that's just my opinion, it doesn't mean the forum is going downhill into shitsville.
Back to top Go down
paleogrl

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 11:00 am

First off, I'd just like to say that Keeks I tried posting anonymously and it wouldn't let me, so I'm gonna grow balls and post under my name.

Although we do get along suprisingly well, I think that people's sensitivity and other people's... er, strength in their opinion can make people hesitant to post.

Example: Awhile ago I said something about raping sarahpuff because I loved her makeup, and it ended up offending someone. I actually felt really bad about it and didn't post for a few days. Is this at all because Sarah_Smile shouldn't share her opinion? NO! It's just that I have the self esteem of an oddly shaped turnip.

To sum up this rant: yes, people are hesitant about posting sometimes because they don't want to offend or get yelled at, but we can't change that. Sure, they can post anonymously, but this hesitance is just part of these peoples' nature.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 12:32 pm

About people not speaking up until someone else does like Jade said, some people are just like that in real life so it's going to happen here too if that's just how some people are. I'm like that sometimes, not just on here but in real life, I've just always been a bit of a shy person my whole life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
pedestri

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 12:41 pm

ech, to me, this isnt too big of a deal. people are going to have opinions, yadda yadda yadda, and it is their responisbility to speak up and claim their beliefs. if they dont, its their fault. end of story. i think this is maybe more of a personal thing than a forum-wide problem. i mean, if some girl on a forum who lives 1,000 miles away from me has a problem with me because i dont like her mascara, well, i have bigger things to worry about, ya know?
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 3:43 pm

Quote :
One of the biggest problems I have, is that people are scared of posting their opinions sometimes. I've noticed a couple of times, that I've had a conflicting opinion to other people, so I voiced it after a while, and only then did other people come out and say that they agree.
It's as if people are afraid that they won't be accepted if they voice a conflicting opinion.

I always just assumed it was because someone pointed out something that maybe they didn't think about at first.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:03 pm

haha, thats how I am sometimes.

Julie, I understand exactly how you felt about that situation!

and its not that Im afraid to say whats on my mind. usually I just dont feel like talking [although it seems that Ive contradicted myself, with my large amount of posts!], so I let it be, haha. or maybe I dont really think Ive anything to contribute to the topic itself. but num. dont listen to me, Im just a big old nerd.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:06 pm

Sometimes I will know what I want to say, but not exactly how to say it or word it since I'm not good at explaining my thoughts, so I just wait until someone else says it so I can agree with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:34 pm

I think it's annoying when a topic gets high-jacked by people just saying how bad they want to "rape" eachother, and their 2 word posts.

I also don't like when people type in the same color as the background..

Yeah, I'm a bitch now.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:39 pm

and Ive a bad habit of doing that >.<

so I think that can be easily fixed! :]

I promise to be good!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 4:41 pm

i dont mind when things go off on a slight tangent but sometimes posts go a bit out of the way and its just annoying.
like yeh im guilty of off topic posting but when its just people having a conversation that isnt remotely related...but if someone thinks of something from the post or it goes a bit off....its ok but when its pointless conversations that should be held elsewhere that noone else needs to read.

and..yes..plats thats true.

and if anon isnt working and you dont want to be you then sign into girly and feel free.
Back to top Go down

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Oh, here's something that I have noticed lately...

On the "FOR SALE" forum, it says the last post is by Kiki on June 11th, and that is so not true. Is this only happening on my computer, or no... I don't get why it would do that.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 6:23 pm

oh mine said that.
i deleted the post and its now correct.

no idea what that was! sorry plats!
Back to top Go down

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 7:25 pm

pedestrian wrote:
i think this is maybe more of a personal thing than a forum-wide problem.

Exactly what I've been trying to say, again and again. Let's just leave it allllllllllll be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I think... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think...   I think... Empty

Back to top Go down

I think...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Important Subjects :: Suggestions-
Jump to: