The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Work clothes? Teaching?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Work clothes? Teaching? Empty
PostSubject: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 11:14 pm

I teach French Horn to Middle and Highschool students and well, I just can't wear what I usually wear, cause its what they are wearing which is innapropriate at times, since I need to be a teacher not their classmate friend!

So I guess I want to buy some mature clothing but not something boring ya know?  Any stores you guys recommend?  If clothes like this exist. @_@
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 11:15 pm

Macy's! Stylish, mature, and appropriate!
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 11:15 pm

H&M has really awesome "dressy" office-kinda stuff that is still really cute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 11:18 pm

I love sexy pencil skirts, a-line skirts, nice wide-leg suit type of pants and matching jackets and sexy fitted shirts. You're professional while still looking sexy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 11:36 pm

So many responces so quick!  

Unfortunately I dont belive there is a Macys where I live.

Sorry to sound noobish, but what is H&M?
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 11:40 pm

H&M is a clothing store that is known for cheap and seriously cute stuff. its based in europe, but they have locations in the US. unfortunately, it looks like the locations are more in the northern states than the southern ones.

so, next time you happen to take a vacation up north, check it out! its an amazing store with a lot of really sexy professional stuff- you wont look like some frumpy old buisnesswoman. i bought a ton of H&M stuff for a Model United Nations conference i went to where you had to dress up.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 5:52 am

*kiki falls off chair*

just go to places you'd ususally shop...like you could wear a nice shirt with jeans, if you're allowed to wear those and cute shoes. or a plain bright tshirt with "dressy" trousers and heels/flats.
or a nice dress over trousers.

h&m is quite a young, funky store and its basically where my whole wardrobe is from!

wearing cute tops like these with jeans and smart shoes:
http://www.forever21.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=Dressy%20Tops&Page=1

or cute sweaters
http://www.forever21.com/category.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=Sweaters&Page=1

and you could get away with a more casual top
http://www.forever21.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=Casual%20Tops&Page=1
if you wear it with smart suit style trousers.

and skirts of course...maybe not too short unless you have thick dark tights or leggings...but longer ones can be cute with like bold detail and then a plain vest top
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 8:26 am

I see what you guys mean with that site!   The Forever 21 site.  

I tried to check out the H&M site and it started freaking on me.  Curse damn flash sites. >_<

Thanks for the help, I thinkk i have definatley found what i was looking for.
Back to top Go down
FireIce_

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 8:33 am

Don't wear business suits. It's just boring. And the students will think you're boring and stuffy--that's not fun. And it gets rather hot in the school building. I would just suggest Capris, and fitted t-shirts. No tank tops. Um . . . no low-cut tops. Skirts definite. Just don't wear slits that reach your hips or mid-thigh. Most schools advise against that on their STUDENTS! And yeah . . . I'd go to Forever 21 and H&M and stuff like that.

If you like vintage go to thrift shops that have '40s and '50s styles. They are appropriate, but fun and stylish! Style icons like Christina Aguilera (her now clothes) and Rachel Bilson are also like that. Mature, stylish, demure . . . And everyone else has a ton of ideas--which are way better than mine. Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 8:47 am

be that really sexy teacher that you only see in movies!!!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 2:25 am

Hells yes, go for pencil skirts. Teamed with white dress shirt + waist coat.

Oh, man. I have got to do that. Makes any female look super hot but not skanky, which is nice. Take one for the team and be the hot teacher, 'kay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 8:37 pm

Just dress like yourself but a little nicer. I had some young teachers at my school who dressed just like students. I went to a very casual school, so most teachers wore jeans and t-shirts anyway though.

I'd say things like skirts and nicer shirts, like with collars, would be fine. Also try dresses with cardigans. Try and just make your style a little more professional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 9:07 pm

Just whatever you do... DO NOT get massively obese and wear figure-hugging, high-waisted denim skirts so that you can see every fat roll, and so that your boobs hang over the waistband.

*shudder ms lobocki*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work clothes? Teaching?   Work clothes? Teaching? Empty

Back to top Go down

Work clothes? Teaching?
Page 1 of 1