The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
baablack

hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach Empty
PostSubject: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyWed May 30, 2007 5:21 pm

So I'm trying to bleach naturally black hair to a light enough color so I can get it to a nice green color.

Whats the best home bleaching kits?

(Oh and P.S. going to a pro to get it bleached isn't gonna happen).

help?

hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach Green%20hair%20mike

Oh and that's ^ about the kind of green I'd like to get it too.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyWed May 30, 2007 5:26 pm

bleaching dyed dark hair is hard enough...I have no idea about natural hair...you should talk to a professional if you can...eg someone at Sallys. They can probably help reccommend summat.

look on madrad as i think they have memoried posts about bleach

Last edited by on Thu May 31, 2007 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Nova_Zer

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 3:12 am

naturally black hair is actually a lot easier to bleach than dyed black hair.
I recommend you go to Sallys & get the L'Oreal Quick Blue powder and
mix it with Clairol Pure White 40 Volume Maximum Lift Creme Developer
that should do the trick. Also to get that green I suggest you get some
Special Effects Iguana Green. That shite lasts forever!
Back to top Go down
lady-dar

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 3:24 am

x

Last edited by on Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 3:31 am

I would presume you have to grow it out...? I'm not sure though to be honest.
Because some dyes fade and need recoloured...but then it's not like you are dying your hair, you're bleaching out the colour.

If you're chicken, try doing a few chunks of colour in your hair Ann, like a layer of pink underneath or something, or like just the ends or something. Would be cute on you.
Back to top Go down
lady-dar

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 3:33 am

x

Last edited by on Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 3:37 am

Quote :
Bleach is used to lighten hair. The bleach reacts with the melanin in hair, removing the color in an irreversible chemical reaction. The bleach oxidizes the melanin molecule. The melanin is still present, but the oxidized molecule is colorless. However, bleached hair tends to have a pale yellow tint. The yellow color is the natural color of keratin, the structural protein in hair. Also, bleach reacts more readily with the dark eumelanin pigment than with the phaeomelanin, so some gold or red residual color may remain after lightening. Hydrogen peroxide is one of the most common lightening agents. The peroxide is used in an alkaline solution, which opens the hair shaft to allow the peroxide to react with the melanin.

So...dont quote me on it...but from what I read, the bleaching won't fade but because your hair is dark, it will obviously come in dark and you'd have to re-bleach the roots otherwise it would look stoooopid. And if you dyed it the blue or something, that would maybe fade a bit but that would just involve re-dying and not bleach.
Back to top Go down
lady-dar

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 3:46 am

x

Last edited by on Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
baablack

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 11:59 am

Thanks alot girls.
Smile
Back to top Go down
baablack

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 12:08 pm

Oh and Nova_Zero if I get
L'Oreal Quick Blue powder and
mix it with Clairol Pure White 40 Volume Maximum Lift Creme Developer

what would be the measurements to use for the mix?
Back to top Go down
Nova_Zer

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 5:30 pm

I's pretty simple depending your hair length and thickness. I have
shoulder length hair that's really thick and for me it takes only one
packet of the powder and one bottle of the developer. If you're still
unsure the cashier should be able to help you. Good Luck, doll! ^.^
Back to top Go down
baablack

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyThu May 31, 2007 6:47 pm

Thanks so much.
:]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 1:15 pm

dont forget to buy toner, so it doesnt go yellow or orange. Thats the mistake my mate chantelle made. And whenver i have my hair done at the hairdressers, as I have to have bleach highlights they always put toner on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 1:20 pm

yeah..i have naturally black hair, too. i've bleached it a few times and its never been a problem. then again, i have SUPER hair. it doesn't dry out and keeps color pretty well. i have like, super thick hair...maybe that's why? anyway, it's always bleached just fine. (i've done that bright green before and i got SO many compliments! it faded weirdly...like, a dirty yellow, so i put a deep blue over, then a deep purple and now its faded to a soft pink/purple because i'm too lazy to reapply)
Back to top Go down
Nova_Zer

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 3:45 pm

Ahh! How could I forget about toner?! Anyway if you're looking
for one that kicks ass then use Wella Color Charm Permanent
Color Gel in White Lady.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach   hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach Empty

Back to top Go down

hair bleach.hair bleach.hair bleach
Page 1 of 1