The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ive lost some eyelashes!

Go down 
+3
Le_Saboteur
ninibaby
abercrombie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

ive lost some eyelashes! Empty
PostSubject: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:23 am

right ladies, i have a question!

last night i was out at a club and one of my friends accidentally headbutted me in the eye.
i woke up this morning and everything was okay - no black eye or bruising.
butttt ive just done my makeup, went to put on my mascara and i have like a 4-5mm strip
on the outside edge of my right top eyelid where there are nnoooo eyelashes at all
and its pretty noticeable as my normal lashes are super long and it kind of sucks!!

sssoo, will they eventually grow back?!
any tips for speeding up eyelash growth?!

fanks!!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:10 am

Aw shit, this happened to my cousin a few years ago. As far as I know, they did grow back, but I can't think of how long it took or of anything that would speed it up.. Sad

A pain in the ass, but you can always use individual lashes for the time being to fill in the space?
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:35 pm

It will probably take a few months or so to get back to full length (I think they grow at a rate of three months or something?). My advice for speeding it up would be just like normal hair growth- make sure you're getting enough sleep, water and food.

Yeah, and I would try what Steph suggested- individual lashes or small strips should do the trick if you feel self conscious about it :>
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:48 pm

You could always get Latisse?
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
hyperventilating

hyperventilating

Number of posts : 1209
Name : Flor, whatever
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:01 pm

what's latisse?
i never thought it could be possible to lose eyelashes with a hit like that. does it hurt now?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/FlorMantecon
abercrombie

abercrombie

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:45 am

thanks ladies!! i am relieved to know they do actually grow back... eventually!!

i would wear falsies if i could but it's literally a chunk of nakedness - PICTURE!!

ive lost some eyelashes! 2191k6x
excuse my half assed mascara/eyeliner removal and my overall crappy skin and eyebrow situation lol

so yeah falsies seem like the would be a bit obvious? or individuals would be freaking impossible because they have nothing to rest on? i may definitely have to look into making teeny strips to just fill out the edge - good plan ladies!

and flor, it actually doesn't hurt at all weirdly?! the orbital bone above that lil naked section is like the tiniest bit sore if i touch it but besides that - and it sounds really stupid - but the outer half of my eye feels lighter... possibly because it does't have a load of mascara weighing it down but still!
i have no idea that they could come out like that either.. i freak out at the thought of eyelash curlers so i never use them but now i think i'll be keeping like a foot away from anyone thats acoholically challenged Razz

jayme i dont think you can get latisse here, we have this thing called rapidlash though? not sure if you can get that stateside too but its £40 so prettttyyy expensive!!
Back to top Go down
psychedelic_

Number of posts : 347
Name : Mary-Ann
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:40 am

I once accidentally yanked out half of the lashes in one eye when my eyelash curler slipped out of my hand, but my eyelids are hooded so it doesn't really matter if I have lashes or not... Mine didn't take long to grow back. I use Vaseline on my eyes every night. (Dunno how safe that is but my eyelashes still grow really fast and thick even now)
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:49 am

(you have super pretty eyes wowowow)

I see how the individual lashes would be a bit of a problem.. I guess at this point it's just trial and error
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 7:56 pm

You still have a fewww eyelsashes there. Just load those babies up with mascara and wear eyeliner and no one will notice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:16 pm

yeah, i can hardly notice. don't worry hah
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:10 am

thanks girls! that makes me feel a ton better!
i think i'll have to go and source some eyelashy growth stuff / vaseline and see if it helps! (and then ram about 3 tons of eyeliner on top Very Happy)

i definitely do not recommend dancing too close to drunk freinds though therwise your eyeballs might feel lopsided!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:34 pm

HEY

HEY

I JUST REALISED

Is this the first photo we've seen of you, Ava?
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:15 pm

LOL I think it may be!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ive lost some eyelashes!   ive lost some eyelashes! Empty

Back to top Go down

ive lost some eyelashes!
Page 1 of 1