The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another interview thread

Go down 
+2
Le_Saboteur
Bianca
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bianca

Bianca

Number of posts : 625
Name : Bianca
Registration date : 2007-07-19

Another interview thread Empty
PostSubject: Another interview thread   Another interview thread EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Okay, seeing as I'm the worlds most indecisive person, I keep picking an outfit and then changing my mind about it. Hopefully you grls can give me a bit of input!
Its for Claires accessories. Im basically stuck between these three outfits.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Firstly, the white on my face is toothpaste, I got a spot. Trust me to get one right before an interview!

Secondly, I keep changing my mind on my hair. I think it generally looks better down. But reckon it'd be better to have it up for an interview cause it'd make me look more professional y'know? I'll probably opt for having it up afterall. But give me input!

Its just that Claires is kind of a fashion-y shop, and they don't have a set uniform, they just get to wear their own smart/casual clothes and stuff.

So im confused as to weather to go for an outfit thats a bit more dressy but still smart- but might be a bit risky, or stick with my instincs and go with the all black thing cause its a good basic rule to go by with interviews.

I discounted the first one yesterday, but looking back today I've put it back in the running, cause even though its a dress, its quite pretty AND black which kind of pulls it back in from being too casual.

Overall im leaning towards the second outfit, I kind of wanted to stay away from the all black ensemble, but the shoes are a bit of a statement piece, so it could work.

The last one, if I wore that I'd wear it with flat shoes. I think its a bit tooo casual, even though its quite smart and pretty. I might be able to pull it off if I wear my hair up, and some pretty stud earrings. Maybe. But is it too much of a risk? I think it might be. But haha urgh, its a trendy fashion store so im confused.

I just want to get the balance right between dressy but suitable for an interview

Okay, I'm done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.biancapol.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Another interview thread   Another interview thread EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:38 pm

second one defo!

The first one kinda says, im here to clean your shop lol, cause it has that french maid style going on! great dress but maybe not good for an interview.

heart the second one and the shoes give it a def edge!

I think the third one is too casual, sorta says its sunny and im going for a picnic with my friends to me.

personally i always wear my hair up for interviews, maybe you could so some kinda qwirky up do to go with that outfit?

anywho thats my 2 cents!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Another interview thread   Another interview thread EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:45 pm

I would go with either the second or third- keep it simple and wear some bold accessories with your outfit. As long as the white/cream/whatever dress is well ironed, I think it will look great 8D

Soyeah, I guess I'll put my vote in for number three! It will make you stand out a bit, and cream/white is just as classy as black!
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Another interview thread   Another interview thread EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:47 pm

In my opinion, I would try to find something a little more colorful? Claires (at least over here) is a very bright fun store. I would pick outfit number two or three but add some sort of color (a bright necklace, earrings, etc.)

That's just my opinion! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Another interview thread   Another interview thread EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 5:56 pm

I think the second one, with a high pony tail would look hella cute. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Another interview thread   Another interview thread EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:04 pm

number 2!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
girloflowers

girloflowers

Number of posts : 1510
Name : Lily
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Another interview thread   Another interview thread EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:06 pm

yeah number two but with colourful accesories as has already been said Smile
Back to top Go down
Bianca

Bianca

Number of posts : 625
Name : Bianca
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Another interview thread   Another interview thread EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks so much for the input everyone!
I went for option 2 (minus the necklace) and put my hair in a ponytail. I also wore some little bracelets and painted my nails in a nice coral shade to add a bit more colour.
I think the interview went really well, the woman was very nice and she complimented my shoes, woo!
Before I went, I wasn't too sure if I wanted to work there, because I've also applied for a job as a receptionist at a vet, and I did hope I would get that one instead. But I've totally changed my mind, now, hope I get the Claires job!
Thanks again girls Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.biancapol.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another interview thread   Another interview thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Another interview thread
Page 1 of 1