The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

skin whitening products

Go down 
+2
TOONRULESOK
girloflowers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
girloflowers

girloflowers

Number of posts : 1510
Name : Lily
Registration date : 2008-11-05

skin whitening products Empty
PostSubject: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:01 am

Hiya

i know people will call me a nutjob
but i'm looking for some products that actually whiten the skin... not even the skintone(get rid of dark spots), or 'brighten' it, but whiten/bleach it.

criteria: not over $200 a pop
it must actually work!

im wanting it mainly because my arms are tan and the rest of me is lily white.

i exfoliate and moisturise and wear sunscreen regularly, i've tried clinique even better skintone corrector serum on my arms and it did nooothing, i want rid of this godawful tan!!

(i have nothing against tans but i like being pale)

oh and i don't mind if i can't read the packaging as i realise alot of these types of things come from asian countries, i just want it to ship to australia, and wooork!

any help would rock!
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:40 am

I don't know any brands but my mate jack said that when he was in the phillipines alot of the sunscreens had skin witener in - you could look for something from there? or maybe any asian beauty shops near you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
psychedelic_

Number of posts : 347
Name : Mary-Ann
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:06 am

We have a ton of skin whitening products here. I use a Nivea one but I don't know if it doesn't work or I'm just doomed to never be fair forever.

I'll go do some research and I'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 2:35 am

thanks to both of you Very Happy

I do raid china town regularly but i have a problem- i can't read any of the products. hahahaha
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:08 am

a lot of black beauty stores have loads of it (sadly), but I can't give any names either.. sorry
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:36 pm

o/t, but it scares me a little that with tanning lotions/skin whiteners, hair extensions and coloured contacts, you can look like a totally different person without any surgeries...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 am

I wish I knew where to get these... wanna balance my whiteness out
Back to top Go down
psychedelic_

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:29 am

I went to dig in some Singaporean beauty forum and everyone kept mentioning Ginvera Green Tea Whitening Lotion. It has SPF15 and it has so many rave reviews. I use other products from that line and it keeps my face fair at least. Haha.

And apparently papaya soap bars are made of magic? That's what I found out. People were saying that they got fairer after a few washes. Maybe you can look out for those at Chinatown. If you can't read anything you can send me a picture. I'll be happy to translate the product names for you ^^

Keep in mind that many whitening products don't actually whiten skin, but makes it ~radiant~ instead. And the effects vary for different people and can take awhile for whitening to be visible.

Hope it helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:03 am

eee thankyou Very Happy

the thing is i know alot of products that make it 'radiant' etc, but i actually want the kind that bleach the skin Razz i know they exist! I'll have a look for the products you mentioned
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:18 am

bleach? geez that sounds toxic.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 pm

yeah lil, be careful with harsh chemical products.. I found this online, try to avoid these ingredients

Spoiler:

I researched ways to get rid of tans, and most people say to take a lot of hot baths, papaya soap, lemons are great (washing, and dabbing on the juice and washing off), and peroxide, even tomato juice.

basically, it should gradually fade with the help of acidic fruits and lots of washing.
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:30 am

yay Smile thanks stephanie Smile
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:22 pm

no problemo toots lol
Back to top Go down
psychedelic_

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:00 am

girloflowers wrote:
the thing is i know alot of products that make it 'radiant' etc, but i actually want the kind that bleach the skin Razz i know they exist!

Ah I haven't come across the bleaching kind and I don't know where to get those. Sorry.

If you're looking around in Chinatown, I think this will be helpful in narrowing down your search:
Spoiler:

Another thing about papaya soaps is that although they work really well, they're really drying, and get used up pretty fast. But still I'm planning on finding some XD

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skin whitening products   skin whitening products Empty

Back to top Go down

skin whitening products
Page 1 of 1