The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cutting your own hair

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

cutting your own hair Empty
PostSubject: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:40 pm

anybody done this?

i havent had my hair cut in about a year an a half because the last time i went, my hairdresser cut my layers literally beginning 1-2cm long right down to the bottom just above shoulder length. im sure you can imagine how traumatic that was!
but anyway today i got really bored, and as my hair is considerably longer with everything grown out, i decided to go and chop my own layers! i was prepared for a disaster but i spent about 20 minutes slicing in and the results actually came out really well! my layers graduate nice and choppy and has that messy scene look going on with a nice sweepy fringe.

anyways i just thought id let you girls know becausse if your hairdressers suck immensly like mine have done, then (as long as youre careful!!) i totally recommend having a go yourself. hair grows back right?

this is the crazy contraption that i used for the job, it cost £4.75 from boots and is possibly one of my new best friends!!

Spoiler:

ssoo if any of you girls have chopped the mop yourself, how did it go? any tips for a newbie?!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm

oo that looks neat! so glad you posted this Smile

I've always cut my own hair...when I started school I cut it uber short...lots of layers in the back. wish I'd gone shorter honestly! I could have had a wee pixie thing goin!

I'm getting some extensions sewn in either this week or next week, so I'll be adding my own layers so it won't look so flat.

horror stories:

Spoiler:

Carrie is doing my sew-in's this time so I'm a bit nervous. I only need about 6 tracks in the back (any more looks like I'm smuggling a small animal) so I gotta let her know not to go overboard!
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:44 pm

I think cutting your own hair can be okay for some people - but i wouldn't recommend it!

plus...be careful with that razor, they're great until you cut a huuuge chuink out by accident!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:00 pm

^ true. I've cut out huge chunks by accident before! easy to hide with my hair texture, but it still pissed me off.

speaking of chopped off hair, my bangs have finally grown back after my last hair disaster! I'm surprised that they grew so quickly. *happy dance*
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:54 pm

haha han dont worry!! if anything im over cautious rather than jumping in head first - im happy with baby steps right now! plus my hair is sitting like a bajillion times better so im superrr happy!

now i just need to find epic volumizing and thickening products. my hair is so fine and doesnt hold well which is such a bummer! ive been using bedhead superstar stuff which totally poofs it up, but only for an hour or two, and if i wash my hair at night then in the morning its just flat again - major bummer!!

eeek puff hair disasters do not sound good! did you get your tracks sewn in?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 5:19 pm

I've heard good stuff about uhm...that Tousle Me Softly line from Herbal Essences! They also have a line called Body Envy you may like:

http://www.herbalessences.com/us/collections/body_envy/default.jsp

http://www.herbalessences.com/us/collections/tousle_me_softly/default.jsp

And nah, I haven't gotten them done yet! I'm ready to get that out of the way, though - gonna have them in for at least two months, meep!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:59 pm

well the girl never called back sooo sometime this weekend I'm going to relax my hair and chop it all off! then I'm going to re-dye it, because my colour seems to have faded. wish me luck Razz
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:11 am

good luck!! and i'm not sure because i don't do chemicl relaxing, but i think you should wait a week or so between the relaxing and the colour!!! though i get the feeling you know what your doing.. =3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:44 am

decided not to colour my hair...now that its moisturized, the colour is looking much better.

my hair grew out a LOT ya'll. the back was down to the base of my neck, but the sides were at my jawline. I had split ends all around too, so I cut in layers and such. eh...the back looks fine, but the sides? not so much. I HAD to get rid of the split ends though, so I don't really regret it. I'll just have to get some extensions so I don't look like a jackass *sigh*

I am happy to see that my hair had grown out a lot. if only the sides could catch up with the back! my hair would be at my ideal length.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cutting your own hair   cutting your own hair Empty

Back to top Go down

cutting your own hair
Page 1 of 1