The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

image hosting/ photo storage sites?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

image hosting/     photo storage sites? Empty
PostSubject: image hosting/ photo storage sites?   image hosting/     photo storage sites? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:06 am

I've been uploading my photos to a photobucket account for quite a while now, but I kind of want to start using a different service as it's pretty impossible to download all your photos if need be, and also I've already used 1/4 of the allowed storage..
Does anyone know of a different website I could use? Basically one that has a lot of storage space and, preferably, an easy way to download your photos?
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: image hosting/ photo storage sites?   image hosting/     photo storage sites? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Flickr?
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: image hosting/ photo storage sites?   image hosting/     photo storage sites? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 pm

Imageshack?
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: image hosting/ photo storage sites?   image hosting/     photo storage sites? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Looked up Flickr and it seems they don't have an overall limit (only monthly) and a limit on image size which I don't mind, so I think I'll use that, thanks Very Happy
Also figured out how to pull all my photos off of Photobucket using a little Firefox Add-On so yay Smile
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: image hosting/ photo storage sites?   image hosting/     photo storage sites? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:25 pm

heyyy, i use flickr and you do have an overall limit of 200 photos. well, before you have to upgrade to pro which costs about $25.
it doesnt delete any of your pics though so you can keep going past 200, but only the most recent ones will show up!

apart from that flickr is great, i love it!
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: image hosting/ photo storage sites?   image hosting/     photo storage sites? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Ohh! I didn't see that on the help page. I'm pretty sure I have more than 200.. Hmm, I'm going to find out if our BT broadband gives us that online BT "vault" space

Can you still access your older photos or do they just not show up at all? Cus I don't mind about them not showing up in the photostream thingy.. as long as I can get to them!
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: image hosting/ photo storage sites?   image hosting/     photo storage sites? EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm not sure actually! I'm only at 170-ish so haven't got there yet. Buuut, from what I understand they dont appear in your photostream which I'm guessing means that you won't be able to see them at all! Unless you can acess them through groups or something... or have the direct link saves somewhere to just go straight to it?
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: image hosting/ photo storage sites?   image hosting/     photo storage sites? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:30 am

Yeah I did some googling and putting them in groups seems to be an ok workaround, although you can't have sets in groups
I'm going to upload 200 and do some experimenting : )

Edit: Orkut allow 10000 photos, so I'm trying it out. I also found a site called Zooomr which has unlimited space, but the only kind of albums/sets they offer don't seem to be working at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: image hosting/ photo storage sites?   image hosting/     photo storage sites? Empty

Back to top Go down

image hosting/ photo storage sites?
Page 1 of 1