The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? Empty
PostSubject: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:05 pm

So I was doing a search for makeup brushes that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and I came upon this:

Sigma Makeup

I looked at the brushes that they had and I noticed that the numbers were the same as the MAC equivalents. Even the brush descriptions are EXACTLY THE SAME minus the MAC handmade with finest materials blah blah blah part. The biggest difference that I could see is that the Sigma brushes are significantly cheaper than the MAC ones.

Anyway, I figure it's one of two ways. Either this is a goldmine for people who want the MAC quality without the MAC price, or it's crap being sold as similarly to MAC as possible without committing copyright infringement.

Has anyone heard anything about Sigma ever?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:35 pm

to be very honest with you, a lot of high end brands take brushes and just stamp their names on them. I forgot the brand that Smashbox and BE get theirs from...but yeah honestly a brush is a brush and I'm sure they're worth buying. they are pretty cheap so maybe order one brush and see how it goes. if its rad then order more!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Yeah I'm thinking I'll try their pencil brush and compare it to the mac 219 and if all goes well I'll order more haha. I'm hoping they're good because I've been looking for a stippling brush that I WOULDN'T have to pay $45+ for. That's just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 6:26 pm

mhm, I really liked the 187 when a MUA used it on me but there's no way I could pay that much for it considering what else I could buy with that money. I'll just buy some essence of beauty brushes and call it a day!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 11:01 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it was literally exactly the same, bar the brand name. It would take a lot of extra machinery/employees for MAC to make the brushes just for themselves, so I find that pretty unlikely. Much easier to get some random brush company to make them :]

It'll be interesting to see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:59 pm

They look the same as MAC, and as everyone has said---companies just buy them and get their names stamped on them.

I personally like Crown Brushes---they wash well, apply well, hold up like a gem, and are cheap to boot!
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:15 pm

THAT'S IT, SHAUNA - crown brushes! they're the brand that ppl stamp their names on!

I love how cheap they are (but still high quality). I'd order from them if I had an online account -.-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Looks like Koren beat me to it!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 7:10 pm

damn...it was only a matter or time...he always beats them...always always...
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:38 pm

how are these btw? I can't watch Enkore, due to my PC being shit, and he absolutely annoys me.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:14 pm

According to him, they're pretty similar to MAC but a couple [i.e. the BRUSHES I WAS ESPECIALLY EXCITED ABOUT!!] are different enough in certain ways that I'm probably not going to order anything. For example, the Sigma 219 is more blunt and rounded than most of the MAC 219s, the Sigma 182 is considerably smaller than MAC's, and the white fibers in the Sigma 187 aren't as dense as the ones in MAC's 187.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:41 pm

I don't think any knock off can live up to the 187. There just isn't anything like it! Maybe you can just use the Sigma 187 for foundation?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?   Sigma - MAC Brush alternative? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sigma - MAC Brush alternative?
Page 1 of 1