The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!

Go down 
+2
TOONRULESOK
Aelwyndaeira
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! Empty
PostSubject: Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!   Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 4:02 pm

I desperately want to go to the Makeup Show in New York on Sunday, May 17th. It's my dream to be part of the Makeup and Fashion industry, and this could really help me with gaining contacts, finding new products, etc.

Grant will be driving me down (since the car is more comfortable for me, due to heated seats and the ability to recline and stretch my legs out). A night in a hotel is about $300-$350 (we'd only be staying Saturday night, and leaving Sunday evening).

The cost to get into the show for one day is $45 in advance, or $65 at the door. There are also seminars that I can pay to take on Sunday, and those run from $135-$250.

I'm hoping to at least go to the show and catch some of the free seminars. But it would be nice to take some of the paid seminars, as well.

As everyone knows, money is tight everywhere, but especially with my meds (the ones the government won't pay for), and my new dietary requirements (which, again, the government can't help with as I'm at max allowance), plus trying to pay for school and all my supplies.

So I'm asking everyone to please help sponsor my trip to New York.

WHAT YOU GET:

**$100** Anyone who donates $100 gets a free Makeover party for 10 friends, and that includes Faeries Oracle readings, as well as crystal readings (only available in the GTA/Golden Horseshoe area of Ontario). Otherwise, this entitles you to unlimited Faeries Oracle and crystal readings for 1 full year.

**$30** Anyone who donates $30 or more, gets a free makeup and fashion consultation, as well as a free makeup application good at any time (in the Golden Horseshoe/GTA area), as well as a free Faeries Oracle reading.

**$20** Anyone who donates $20 gets a Faeries Oracle and Crystal Reading via email (or in person, if you want to come visit).

**$10**And anyone who donates $10 gets a free Faeries Oracle reading via email (or in person, if you want to come visit).

I figured some shameless begging couldn't do any harm, since I REALLY want to make it to the show this year. Very Happy

UPDATES:
***Invite your friends!!!! Smile

***Aelwyn got 99% in her Makeup I course, but is still awaiting her Cosmetology grade. She is currently taking Makeup II and Colour Theory for Makeup and Fashion.

***How to get donations to Aelwyn: message her and she will send you her address for donations to be sent. Unfortunately, she does not have pay pal, but can take Western Union or cheques/cash/money orders in the mail.

***Added some photos of makeup I have done on myself and others. Will continue to add more as I find them.

***Added "Sell Off" in the Discussion Area. Check back frequently to find new items to buy for super cheap!

***2 of the "Sell Off" items are gone!

***Aelwyn and Grant will be at March and April's Hammertown Pagan Pub Moot to do readings to raise money for the NYC trip--be there, or be square!

***Aelwyn is looking into an ING account, to see if money can be transferred straight into that account by donors

***There has so far been a promise of $225 towards donations by various people. Thank you all! ♥

***Everyone who is sending energy, good thoughts, and spreading the word is AWESOME! Thanks to you all! ♥

***Aelwyn will be making $50 as a wedding officiant on May 2nd, which will be going towards the NYC trip

***Aelwyn is receiving a professional makeup case from a former MUA student who left the course--thanks Dannielle! ♥

***Saturday, January 24th is the Meditation Afternoon at Aelwyn's house. She'll be offering one layout readings for $5 each.

***More sell-off items will be available soon, including books.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!   Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 1:56 pm

If i wasn't completely hard-up i'd totally donate! (yeah i get like £20 a day at work, for 9-5.30 hours, and £5 goes on bus and i dont get sick pay Sad )

but good luck i hope you get there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!   Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:25 pm

TOONRULESOK wrote:
If i wasn't completely hard-up i'd totally donate! (yeah i get like £20 a day at work, for 9-5.30 hours, and £5 goes on bus and i dont get sick pay Sad )

but good luck i hope you get there!

Oooo---that's a sucky pay, isn't it?

Thanks for your well wishes!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!   Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:07 pm

wtf, only $40? lame.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!   Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Lol, I'm only getting NZ$40 a day for this shoot, and that's for 10+ hours a day (we did do a twelve hour). Yay for indie films... (NZ$40 = US$25, UK 15 or so).

I would donate too, but I don't have a credit card. Do you take love and good thoughts?
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

Number of posts : 1510
Name : Lily
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!   Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:33 am

i concur with what kendra said, i'm sending love and happy thoughts!
Back to top Go down
cherrybomb

cherrybomb

Number of posts : 2443
Name : Jasmin, Mini
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!   Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 4:04 am

I would love to donate but I don't work at the moment, so I have like no money-_-'
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/knallkirsche
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!   Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 8:07 am

Love and Good thoughts are HAPPILY received!!!!!

love love love

pounce hug

Update:

***Everyone who is sending energy, good thoughts, and spreading the word is AWESOME! Thanks to you all! ♥

***Thanks to Dannielle for offering me her makeup kit from her former student days! ♥

***Thanks to all who have made donations and bought books. You guys rock! ♥

-----------------------------------------
Money update:

***PayPal coming sometime this weekend. Smile And sending money through them is FREE of charge. Yay!

***Aelwyn has gathered $8.79 in change, and put a sign on a tin that says "Aelwyn's N.Y.C. Fund", where all change will go, and be counted.

***A total of $225 in donations have been promised thus far.

***Aelwyn has made $67 in book sales.

***Aelwyn will be acting as a wedding officiant for a Handfasting in May, and will be getting $50 for that. Thanks Dannielle! ♥

-----------------------------------------
Other Updates:

***Invite your friends!!!! Smile

***Aelwyn got 99% in her Makeup I course, but is still awaiting her Cosmetology grade. She is currently taking Makeup II and Colour Theory for Makeup and Fashion.

***How to get donations to Aelwyn: message her and she will send you her address for donations to be sent. Unfortunately, she does not have pay pal, but can take Western Union or cheques/cash/money orders in the mail.

***Added some photos of makeup I have done on myself and others. Will continue to add more as I find them.

***Added "Sell Off" in the Discussion Area. Check back frequently to find new items to buy for super cheap!

***Aelwyn and Grant will be at March and April's Hammertown Pagan Pub Moot to do readings to raise money for the NYC trip--be there, or be square!

***Saturday, January 24th is the Meditation Afternoon at Aelwyn's house. She'll be offering one layout readings for $5 each.

***More sell-off items will be available soon, including books.

***Joined InboxDollars to try to make some extra cash. If you join by clicking this link, I'll make 10% of your earnings, too: http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=ref4810743

***Instructions on using Western Union: http://www.westernunioncanada.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=153

***Aelwyn has advertised on Craig's List and Kijiji for Makeup Artistry as well as Card Readings. Hopefully that will bring in some clients!

***There are books for sale on the discussion board. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!   Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Get Shauna to the NYC Makeup Show!
Page 1 of 1