The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MAC foundation?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 12:29 pm

My HG foundation is the Studio Fix Powder...I got a gift card from my aunt and was going to rebuy it, but I figure maybe its time to venture out and try something new [and pray that it doesn't bite me in the ass].

I was going to try Mineralize Satinfinish, but I heard that some people regret buying it and would rather have gotten Studio Fix Fluid instead.

Does anyone have a review for either for me? I'd rather not go to MUA because its full of women that have NO idea of what they're doing - they either have no idea how to do makeup and post a negative review based on that alone, or they review something five minutes after trying it, which...is pointless.

I'm not going shopping for about a week so I have plenty of time to decide. Thanks for any help you can give!
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 1:54 pm

I like my Satinfinish Smile
But I'm almost out so I haven't been using it very much
I've been using Mineralize powder instead. I kindof want to get Studio Fix...
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
PolyphonicThought

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 2:03 pm

rry? can you give me some details about it? like, how long it lasted for you, the texture, how well it blends, etc; all that good stuff?

if all else fails maybe I'll just get both. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 9:18 am

Well, I have super dry skin, well not super, but rather than oily it's just dry, and I don't really need that much coverage so one little pump on the 187 and it blends right in.
The texture is nice, it's smooth, and when it's on it gives like a luminous glow.
But that's just my opinion I know Kendra had it, and hated it.

I've had the bottle since prom time last year so like Ap-May,
and I still have a fair amount left.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Thankies Jay. I found out last night that my aunt lied about the amount she put on the card, so I may not be able to get it after all...but maybe the magical money fairy will come out of my closet so I can. Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 6:08 pm

Yeah, I really disliked it. I have very dry skin as opposed to just a little, and I found it really accentuated any flakiness I might have had. I also didn't like the coverage (too sheer for my red as skin), and I couldn't find any that matched my skin well, either.

I definitely regret paying $70 for it, haha... Some people really like it, though. I wouldn't get it again, even if I had nicer (redness-wise) skin, the formula is just not right for me.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 6:53 pm

Yea, this foundation sounds like its almost on tinted moisturizer terms. I don't really need too much coverage, just something to even out my skintone [face is lighter in the middle than the outside...ick]. Hmm *ponder*
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 pm

AHA! Exactly I couldn't think of how to describe it,
but yes, almost like a tinted moisturizer!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 11:11 pm

Aww, in that case maybe I DON'T need it...its probably just my DuWop tinted moisturizer in...foundation form!

Since aunt kinda...effed us up, I'm gonna have to ask mom if she'll pay for my MSFN for me, and I may ask for foundation stick [I've been hunting for one since my Revlon one was discontinued] or SFF. I don't think she'll mind all that much since its our "xmas shopping" day. :]
Back to top Go down

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 10:03 am

I'm going out to get the Studio Fix Fluid today...I'll definitely let you know my thoughts on it! I totally agree about the reviewers on Makeupalley too, that website is horrible for getting a grasp on whether you should purchase a product. They're so bloody negative!
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 2:25 pm

karin ive heard most people prefer the new studio sculpt to fix fluid.
seems as though it still gives the same good coverage but is a lot lighter and less cakey on the skin.

i'm pretty interested in trying it, and also the concealer. i'm using armani luminous silk foundation and studio fix concealer and they're both HG's but if the studio sculpt concealer can give the same amount of coverage then im totally sold!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 2:44 pm

Yes, SS is now the end all of foundations for some reason. BTW, after my last post in this topic, I ended up getting my usual SF powder. But ever since I changed my skin care routine, I do NOT need as much coverage as I used to! I regret not getting it when I had the chance.

Ava I've read reviews and SF concealer and the SS one are basically the same except SS is like a creamy gel! Downside is that there's less product for your buck. Sad
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 2:54 pm

To add a bit of balance to all the SS hype around, I have it and prefer my SFF... SS does not have the same staying power, it really wears off in places and doesn't cover redness too well so you end up using more product which of course means it works out more expensive. It's nice but not great, for me.

SFF is not cakey at all on me btw and set with MSF natural makes for a really great natural looking finish. A nice dewy but good coverage foundation is Dior Forever Skin fluid i which would be a good alternative to SS as well if that helps anyone.
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:31 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
Ava I've read reviews and SF concealer and the SS one are basically the same except SS is like a creamy gel! Downside is that there's less product for your buck. Sad

Aww bummer! I was hoping that because it was a gel SS would be less drying under the eye. SF really voids skin of moisture and at certain points of the year my eyes look slightly flakey underneath - not nice!!

Sally what is the ml for ml difference between SS and SSF? I would guess they were the same but the whole tube-factor makes it hard to tell.

I'm also quite interested in the difference in the base formulas of both. I've tried Select Tint (now DC'd apparently looking at the website) and SSF and both made my skin react badly and go really red/raw. I'm curious to try it almost on the basis to see how my skin reacts - or if they both contain the same ingredients.
A lot of people seem to have reactions to MAC foundations don't they? Is it silicone thats in them or did I just make that up because I've been watching that Coastal Scents Silica Powder Spheres video?!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Aw SF dries out your undereye area that badly? I haven't heard that with SS so maybe you should give it a shot! I only meant similar in terms of performance, ie pigmentation and all that jazz. In one case someone said that it settled into fine lines but I think they were old anyways Very Happy

If you want I can post PLENTY of reviews on both the foundation and concealer!
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:17 pm

According to the MAC website they are both 30ml but the SS tube is actually labelled at 40ml?! Assume the product labelling is correct meaning SS slightly cheaper.
Back to top Go down

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Glad your skin cleared up Puffy Smile After all, a good canvas makes all the difference.
They didn't have the Studio Sculpt at my local counter...I did get the Studio Fix and am so pleased. Money well spent. It's creamy, blendable, buildable, and extremely natural looking. The MSF is great too! My skin is pretty clear to begin with so I guess it helps, I just use foundation for that *photo finish*. Wink

Ava - mixing moisturizer with your foundation can do wonders. I know it's something you've probably thought of but I'll often dab some of my face cream on problem spots after I've finished my face makeup. If nothing else is working...maybe this could help you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAC foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAC foundation?   MAC foundation? Empty

Back to top Go down

MAC foundation?
Page 1 of 1