The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good foundation?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laci Sue

Laci Sue

Number of posts : 337
Name : Laci
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 8:06 pm

I've been using BareMinerals for about 2 years now and I'm just getting sick of it. It makes me look powdery and gross. I want something that'll make me look.. dewy. Any recs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bentcrashings

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 8:19 pm

civergirl makes a fully sick one, the true..colour?co0ver? liquid one.

it makes me look dewy until i cover it in acres of powder so you might like it
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:26 pm

What kind of formula do you want? Do you want something richer that moisturizes, or something a little thinner that gives light coverage? How many hours would it need to last? Do you want something that has a pump or is in a jar? Or maybe you'd like a powder foundation? What kind of price range?

These are all things to consider when buying a new foundation. If you want a more dewy look, you may be looking for a tinted moisturizer, but there are MANY foundation formulas that can give a dewy look, ranging from liquid, to creme, and powder. If you can answer the above questions, I could give you a variety of suggestions ranging from super cheap to more expensive. nod
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:46 pm

It's a little on the pricey side but Makeup Forever Face & Body is awesome. It's dewy, has light but buildable coverage, lasts through the day better that other things I've tried, overall it's the best foundation I've ever used.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 10:13 am

I just got MACs studio fix foundation and I love it. Great coverage and it doesn't feel too heavy. Defo worth the money in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Laci Sue

Laci Sue

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:01 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
What kind of formula do you want? Do you want something richer that moisturizes, or something a little thinner that gives light coverage? How many hours would it need to last? Do you want something that has a pump or is in a jar? Or maybe you'd like a powder foundation? What kind of price range?

These are all things to consider when buying a new foundation. If you want a more dewy look, you may be looking for a tinted moisturizer, but there are MANY foundation formulas that can give a dewy look, ranging from liquid, to creme, and powder. If you can answer the above questions, I could give you a variety of suggestions ranging from super cheap to more expensive. nod

I want.. light coverage I s'pose. It'd need to last quite a while (6:30AM-9 or 10PM) Doesn't matter what packaging. I'd prefer liquid to powder I think, but I don't really care that much.. and price doesn't matter but I don't want something ridiculously expensive. haha.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:26 pm

If that's the case, Jessie and Lindsay gave you great suggestions. MUFE and MAC have a lot of light formulas to choose from, so you're bound to find a hit with either one.

My suggestion to you for something light would be Mark's C-Thru-U tinted moisturizer. It has SPF 15, and although its a bit thin, you can control the coverage you get with it. Its $5, and will last at least a year. It was my HG for quite some time!

Other good brands for foundation are Revlon and Cargo - check out what they have to offer!

Also, besides MUFE, I don't know many bases that could last that long ALONE. So I suggest that you try a blot powder. Mine is by Urban Decay and I swear by it [hello, cute purple case!], but MAC makes pretty good ones too. Also, you may want to try a primer. I use Cargo's Blu_Ray Primer. Its love in a tube!

I will also add this: foundation is the only thing you should ever really splurge on. Without a proper base, nothing else looks good! So here's my only rule for foundation shopping - don't spend more than $50! Most "high end" foundations are in the $25-45 range anyways, so that's not too hard. Razz
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:50 pm

if you can get your hands on some Inglot, I'd say go for that
they have a YSM foundation (Young Skin Makeup)
it's really thin and is very natural looking, but still has decent coverage without making you look cakey!
about $30 and won't make you break out
I use it almost every single day and it lasts me about 3 months give or take

I absolutely love it

what skin type do you have? oily, dry, etc?
Back to top Go down
Laci Sue

Laci Sue

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:25 pm

Thanks for the help, girls. I get paid tomorrow so I'm gonna look and see which one to buy. Very Happy Excitiiing!

Steph, I have combo skin. My nose is really oily, but the rest is normal to dry.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:32 pm

do you use toners and moisturizers and all that before applying foundation?
Back to top Go down
Laci Sue

Laci Sue

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Moisturizer, ja. I'm on the lookout for a good toner as well. And while I'm at it, concealer! Wwow, I need a lot of face junk. ahah.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 10:03 pm

hehe! gotta take care of that face Smile

well I have oily all over skin so I'm not much help, but just make sure to keep your skin moisturized (moisture doesn't mean sebum!) so your foundation looks nice and... not flaky like Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 10:31 pm

Tell us what you want in a concealer plz!
Back to top Go down

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 1:28 am

trublend! covergirl trublend! thats the one.

It's fairly sheer (doesnt cover my freckles but does cover my underye circles) and its a light liquid.

it cost me $15 in australia so it'll probably be about half that if you're american Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:31 am

lol yes lil, its about $8 here, and that IS a good one. another HG of mine for a bit. Its not bad...

IF YOU CAN FIND YOUR SHADE. good god, it can be hard with CG, cos their shades can be weiiiird.

you'd probably really dig maybelline's pure makeup as well. its got everything you're looking for! once again, only good if you can find your shade!
Back to top Go down

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:54 am

lol its like the only one pale enough for me thats not a gazillion dollars
Back to top Go down
Laci Sue

Laci Sue

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Haha, thanks guys. I'll prooobably search for the Covergirl stuffs tomorrow.

For concealer... I just want something that'll cover up my crazy breakouts [;_; dumb stress lately. My skin is horrible atm and normally I don't have any zits!] and doesn't look like crap and cakey like everything I always seem to get. Blah.
Back to top Go down

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:10 pm

do nooooot get maybelline cover sticks.
please.
for me.

they're truly awful.

other than hat i'm no help
Back to top Go down
Laci Sue

Laci Sue

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Haha. I won't Ü

I found out that Jane mineral concealer is rubbish this week. I got the greeen kind and it looks nasty and cakey and gets even worse through the day. so just an FYI to anyone reading this.. DON'T USE JANE CONCEALER! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:13 pm

apparently physicians formula is really good
but i can't vouch for that.
Back to top Go down
Laci Sue

Laci Sue

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 6:49 pm

oookay. I've decided to go with the Cargo primer anddd MUFE Mat Velvet + in Ivory. I haven't ordered yettt but I think that's what I shall get. I'm gonna wait and see if there's any concealer you guys recommend to add to mah order.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:00 pm

Careful with primers under Mat Velvet. Thats probably the only foundation that may be best without one.

a good trick for primer [that I use all the time] is to apply it, then concealer, and then powder. that's IT. flawless and natural, and easy to do when you dont have time to be exact with foundation. nod
Back to top Go down
Laci Sue

Laci Sue

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 pm

Okay, maybe I won't get the primer then.. that can wait! haha. Thanks~
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:14 pm

mhm! the primer is good - er, amazing really - but from reviews I've heard most women have difficulty using primer with mat velvet. so save it as a christmas gift. ;]
Back to top Go down
Laci Sue

Laci Sue

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Okay. Can do! hah. Any recs for concealer before I order?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good foundation?   Good foundation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good foundation?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next